1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 03:24
    If you could, as a good Christian, sacrifice your salvation for the salvation of another, would you do it? If so, where would you draw the line? For instance, would you sacrifice your salvation for the soul of a innocent child killed by a sexual predator? Or an Islamic suicide bomber? Why or why not?
  2. Not Kansas
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 03:48
    Originally posted by David C
    If you could, as a good Christian, sacrifice your salvation for the salvation of another, would you do it? If so, where would you draw the line? For instance, would you sacrifice your salvation for the soul of a innocent child killed by a sexual predator? Or an Islamic suicide bomber? Why or why not?
    You don't decide if you get into Heaven so the question is meaningless.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 04:00
    I'm sure Jesus is just the sort of guy to hold you to your decision... and send you straight to Hell if you were a kind enough a Christian to sacrifice your salvation.

I don't often use this smiley... so enjoy.

🙄

P-
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 04:13
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    You don't decide if you get into Heaven so the question is meaningless.
    I'm sure some xtians here might disagree in that they make a conscious decision to accept Heyzeus, ergo they decide if they get into heaven. Why you gotta dis 'em like that?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 04:36
    My salvation is not mine to give, my life is, but my salvation belongs
    to Jesus the one who won it for me.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 04:52
    hy·po·thet·i·cal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hp-tht-kl) also hy·po·thet·ic (-thtk)
    adj.
    Of, relating to, or based on a hypothesis: a hypothetical situation. See Synonyms at theoretical.

Suppositional; uncertain. See Synonyms at supposed.
    Conditional; contingent.

n.
    A hypothetical circumstance, condition, scenario, or situation: OK, let's consider this possibility then just as a hypothetical.
  7. Calgary
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 07:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    yeah what he said....
  8. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 12:56
    hy·po·thet·i·cal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hp-tht-kl) also hy·po·thet·ic (-thtk)
    adj.
    Of, relating to, or based on a hypothesis: a hypothetical situation. See Synonyms at theoretical.

Suppositional; uncertain. See Synonyms at supposed.
    Conditional; contingent.

n.
    A hypothetical circumstance, condition, scenario, or situation: OK, let's consider this possibility then just as a hypothetical.
    Yes, well some hypotheticals are not worth the ink used up on the inside of my monitor.

Yours is like asking if I would surrender the state of Wisconsin to save Kansas, or even New Jersey! Wisconsin, though I do live there, is not mine to give. So the hypo is a no-go.
  9. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 14:19
    No offense but I don't think the question really offers much for discussion whether it is hypothetical or not? Although I am not a Christian, I tend to agree with the Christian point of view expressed here saying "it is not in their hands, it is in His hands".

But okay, you said this was "hypothetical" so let's treat it as such. So would a good Xian deliver up their soul for another? I would possibly say "Yes" if it was someone they cared deeply about like a family member or perhaps the closest of friends. "No" to everybody else. After all, I believe it is the goal of many Xians to live a life that will eventually bring them closer to Christ and, as RBHILL wrote next to his avatar, "someday Heaven". Offering up your eternal soul kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
  10. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 18:56
    Yes I would happily give my life to stop a paedophile touch one of my family. Yes if necessary I would also give my life for another. ears ago I was crossing the road and a young man was aslo crossing but he was in a world of his own I ran forward pushing him out of the way whilst I just got clipped.

On another occaision I was waiting for a bus at a bus on a slight bend. I suddenly found myself flat on me back in a garden of the house next to the road. I picked myseld up, but not before a car crashed through the gate near where I was standing. The person who saved me was a stranger.

I didn't do it because I am a good christian, and the guy that pushed me out of the way was a well know tea leaf who thought nothing of beating you up for looking at him. So I don't think he would class himself as a christian either.

For my part I done it instinctively and I'm not even a christian, I don't believe in any religeon. I'm disabled now (nothing to do with either episode)
    On a final note at the moment I happily stand next to a suicide bomber if I could help save a child. In fact I'd happily stan...... that's enough, I've answered your question.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 19:07
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    Yes I would happily give my life to stop a paedophile touch one of my family. Yes if necessary I would also give my life for another. ears ago I was crossing the road and a young man was aslo crossing but he was in a world of his own I ran forward pushing him out of the way whilst I just got clipped.

On another occaision I was waiting for a bus at ...[text shortened]... help save a child. In fact I'd happily stan...... that's enough, I've answered your question.
    Your nickname makes more sense to me now.

You see any duppy?
  12. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 19:20
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Your nickname makes more sense to me now.

You see any duppy?
    What??????

Are you on something? If so please tell me what. I'd hate to buy some :-)
  13. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 19:31
    Originally posted by TheSphinx

On another occaision I was waiting for a bus at ...[text shortened]... help save a child. In fact I'd happily stan...... that's enough, I've answered your question.
    Actually I don't believe you answered the question at all. The question was not forfeiting your life as I imagine many of us would have answered differently. The question was would you forfeit your "soul", if you believe in this sort of thing?

Would you spend an eternity in Damnation for someone?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 20:23
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    Try reading a book called "Jesus Lived in India"
    he makes a good case that would blow christianity out of the water.
    Of course it would not stop the disease that is christianity but the
    thesis is Jesus did not die on the cross, was covered with healing
    herbs like aloe and recovered enough to make a miraculous
    appearance and then, realizing he would not live through a
    second crusifiction skipped town and set up monastaries along the
    silk route to india and there is in Pakastan a gravesite that is the
    right age that has a drawing of crescent moons drawn on the feet,
    indicating visible wounds left from the crusifiction. No one can get to
    the burial site right now because of the fighting in the area around
    Kashmir.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 20:27
    And I don't limit my critique to christianity, Muslims get my full share
    of condemnation also. These so-called religions are nothing but
    a bunch of people who see an opportunity to establish a huge power
    base so their personal future is secure and they get unspeakably
    sinister power over unsuspecting sheep of the followers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree