1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 May '06 18:50
    Touching Jesus

The Bible tells us, " ... that a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of [the] garment [of Jesus]; for she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.""(Matthew 9:20-21) It was the knowledge that she wasn't well that made her press in to touch the Savior. The reason sinners don't see their need for the grace of God in Christ is that they don't see that they are not well. They are diseased, and deceived by the disease of and the deceitfulness of sin. John MacArthur said, "God's grace cannot be faithfully preached to unbelievers until the Law is preached, and man's corrupt nature is exposed. It is impossible for a person to fully realize his need for God's grace until he sees how terribly he has failed the standards of God's Law." There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
  2. Belfast
    Moves
    22 May '06 20:46
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Touching Jesus

The Bible tells us, " ... that a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of [the] garment [of Jesus]; for she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.""(Matthew 9:20-21) It was the knowledge that she wasn't well that made her press in to touch the Savior. The reason ...[text shortened]... e goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    What do you hope to accomplish by this?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 May '06 20:521 edit
    Touching Jesus

The Bible tells us, " ... that a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of [the] garment [of Jesus]; for she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.""(Matthew 9:20-21) It was the knowledge that she wasn't well that made her press in to touch the Savior. The reason e goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    I didn't know the Bible taught that menstruation was a sickness.

I suppose if a 20something woman came to me on her knees and touched the hem of my pants I'd want to help her stop her bleeding too. For nine months anyway.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    22 May '06 21:27
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I didn't know the Bible taught that menstruation was a sickness.

I suppose if a 20something woman came to me on her knees and touched the hem of my pants I'd want to help her stop her bleeding too. For nine months anyway.
    If you have ever read the Bible in O.T. times during a womens period she is unclean.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 May '06 21:32
    Touching Jesus

The Bible tells us, " ... that a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of [the] garment [of Jesus]; for she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.""(Matthew 9:20-21) It was the knowledge that she wasn't well that made her press in to touch the Savior. The reason ...[text shortened]... e goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    Touching sanity is what you need my friend.

Here...touch some lithium instead of that bible.
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 May '06 01:14
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Touching sanity is what you need my friend.

Here...touch some lithium instead of that bible.
    Is lithium like cyanide?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 May '06 01:22
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Is lithium like cyanide?
    No. It ignites on contact with water...even the water on your skin.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 May '06 05:21
    Matthew Chapter 6

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
  9. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    23 May '06 07:25
    Originally posted by Positional Player
    What do you hope to accomplish by this?
    RBHILL wrote...

"God's grace cannot be faithfully preached to unbelievers until the Law is preached, and man's corrupt nature is exposed. It is impossible for a person to fully realize his need for God's grace until he sees how terribly he has failed the standards of God's Law."

What I can make out of this is, that people are to damn lazy to open their eyes and start looking for God, cause they are scared of what they will find and see cause of the fact that they have been living in sin for most of their lives. Read the top sentence again slowly and you will understand.
  10. Meddling with things
    Moves
    23 May '06 07:27
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    RBHILL wrote...

[b]"God's grace cannot be faithfully preached to unbelievers until the Law is preached, and man's corrupt nature is exposed. It is impossible for a person to fully realize his need for God's grace until he sees how terribly he has failed the standards of God's Law."

What I can make out of this is, that people are to damn lazy to o ...[text shortened]... n sin for most of their lives. Read the top sentence again slowly and you will understand.[/b]
    Thankyou for your condemnation you arrogant pig
  11. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 May '06 07:31
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Thankyou for your condemnation you arrogant pig
    Indeed.
  12. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    23 May '06 11:18
    In other words, people neither seek nor appreciate a savior untill they understand that they need to be saved. Simplistic, makes sense. Why care about a God if you do not feel you need one? In the sense of the allegory used here, why take medication unless you believe you are unwell? A pretty simple message.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 May '06 16:521 edit
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    In other words, people neither seek nor appreciate a savior untill they understand that they need to be saved. Simplistic, makes sense. Why care about a God if you do not feel you need one? In the sense of the allegory used here, why take medication unless you believe you are unwell? A pretty simple message.
    well said for once.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 May '06 17:12
    well said for once.
    He was pointing out how self-evident your point is and that you may as well not have posted it. It's like me informing the world that indeed 2 is 2.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 May '06 17:151 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    He was pointing out how self-evident your point is and that you may as well not have posted it. It's like me informing the world that indeed 2 is 2.
    Here is another one.

The Name of the Lord

The Third of the Ten Commandments forbids taking the Name of the Lord in vain, and warns that the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. Jesus even said that a man will have to give an account of every idle word spoken.(Matthew 12:36)When we tell sinners what the Commandments require, it shows them that they have fallen short of God's standard. The Law of God brings the knowledge of sin. It reveals that God sees every deed and hears every word, and will bring them all into judgment. The Law calls for our blood, and demands our death sentence. When a rebellious world understands that, they are ready to hear that Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, being made a curse for us. The Law makes the cross make sense. That's why Jesus and Paul used it. Do the same. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree