1. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    23 May '06 19:47
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Here is another one.

The Name of the Lord

The Third of the Ten Commandments forbids taking the Name of the Lord in vain, and warns that the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
    I always found it amusing that the first three commandments center around God's vanity, while killing and stealing come 6th and 8th respectively.

Of course we understand any being with absolute power will possess an absolute Ego, so the order isn't especially surprising.

-JC
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 May '06 00:03
    Originally posted by Churlant
    I always found it amusing that the first three commandments center around God's vanity, while killing and stealing come 6th and 8th respectively.

Of course we understand any being with absolute power will possess an absolute Ego, so the order isn't especially surprising.

-JC
    But you see you are wrong there.
    We Christians are called God's Friends.

Type in friend in the keyword places at Biblegateway.com
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 May '06 02:01
    Touching Jesus

The Bible tells us, " ... that a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of [the] garment [of Jesus]; for she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.""(Matthew 9:20-21) It was the knowledge that she wasn't well that made her press in to touch the Savior. The reason ...[text shortened]... e goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    RB, this passage has been a favorite of mine because of its placement in the gospel. Pay attention to the passage just before this and just after it. Is there a lesson about this passage being inbetween them?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 May '06 05:27
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    RB, this passage has been a favorite of mine because of its placement in the gospel. Pay attention to the passage just before this and just after it. Is there a lesson about this passage being inbetween them?
    Which one Matthew ch. 9:20-21 or Matthew 12:36?
  5. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    24 May '06 11:35
    Originally posted by Churlant

But you see you are wrong there.
    We ...[text shortened]... istians are called God's Friends.

Type in friend in the keyword places at Biblegateway.com
    God I would love to know what kind of relationship you imagine there is between my comments and your response.

On that note, I'm not even sure God knows.

-JC
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 May '06 20:11
    The Name of the Lord

There's something wonderful about the atmosphere moments after a thunderstorm. Big black clouds begin to roll back, and bright beams of sunlight burst through the clean air. There's a freshness in the heavens. A rainbow arches across the sky as birds begin to sing. That's how grace and Law work together. There's something incredibly wonderful about what happens in the heart of sinner after he has stood beneath the thundering of God's Law. Flashes of His wrath terrified his heart, but grace moves the black clouds of wrath away, and suddenly beams of the light of Calvary's love burst through the atmosphere. The beautiful rainbow of God's exceedingly precious promises arch across eternity. There is a song of forgiveness. There's freshness in the air. Old things pass away, all things are become new. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    24 May '06 20:14
    The Name of the Lord

There's something wonderful about the atmosphere moments after a thunderstorm. Big black clouds begin to roll back, and bright beams of sunlight burst through the clean air. There's a freshness in the heavens. A rainbow arches across the sky as birds begin to sing. That's how grace and Law work together. There's something incredibly wo ...[text shortened]... There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    And there are unicorns dancing on the rainbow, and a salty little leprechaun says "you'll never get me pot of gold...".
  8. The sky
    Moves
    25 May '06 02:28
    Originally posted by bbarr
    And there are unicorns dancing on the rainbow, and a salty little leprechaun says "you'll never get me pot of gold...".
    And the faith whales are singing their song of forgiveness together with the unicorns. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith whale, you still have time.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    25 May '06 16:27
    Sin Is Like Quicksand

Sin is like quicksand. It's the devil's playground. It lies before the unsuspecting sinner as an unseen deathtrap. As he steps into it, he begins to sink, and with each movement of his flesh, it takes him deeper into its subtle embrace. In a moment, he's gone. Sucked beneath the silence of the grave. Gone forever into the horror of Hell. The only way to get out of quicksand is to have someone, who is not in its power, to pull us out. Thank God that the hand of grace is willing to save us from the terrors of Hell. This is what the Apostle Paul speaks of in Romans chapters 7 and 8. His struggle against the power of sin only took him deeper into its cold embrace. He cried, "Who will free me from this body of death!" and then sang the praise of Him who reached into death itself to pull him out of its grip. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    26 May '06 17:32
    Sin Is Like Quicksand

Sin is like quicksand. It's the devil's playground. It lies before the unsuspecting sinner as an unseen deathtrap. As he steps into it, he begins to sink, and with each movement of his flesh, it takes him deeper into its subtle embrace. In a moment, he's gone. Sucked beneath the silence of the grave. Gone forever into the horror of He ...[text shortened]... ip. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    Hell Will Freeze Over

It seems that the world talks about Hell far more than the Church. It speaks of the fires of Hell when it says, "Hell will freeze over..." and of its inevitability by saying, "As sure as Hell." They even admit to man's indebtedness to the Law of God by saying, "There will be Hell to pay," and rattle off phrases such as, "I'll be damned." Such talk is insane. They don't believe God's Word and yet they adopt its language. How can they be so flippant about the judgment of Almighty God? The Bible tells us how. There is no fear of God before their eyes. They are blinded and held captive by the devil. The only hope of their rescue is the grace of our God, who takes off the blinders, breaks the chains, and sets the captives free. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 May '06 17:34
    Hell Will Freeze Over

It seems that the world talks about Hell far more than the Church. It speaks of the fires of Hell when it says, "Hell will freeze over..." and of its inevitability by saying, "As sure as Hell." They even admit to man's indebtedness to the Law of God by saying, "There will be Hell to pay," and rattle off phrases such as, "I'll be damne ...[text shortened]... re goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    Jesus Christ, this is pure crap, for Christ's sake!
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 May '06 18:26
    Hell Will Freeze Over

It seems that the world talks about Hell far more than the Church. It speaks of the fires of Hell when it says, "Hell will freeze over..." and of its inevitability by saying, "As sure as Hell." They even admit to man's indebtedness to the Law of God by saying, "There will be Hell to pay," and rattle off phrases such as, "I'll be damne ...[text shortened]... re goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    They are blinded and held captive by the devil.

So it's not my fault, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree