Toxic positivity: when happiness can be harmful

Toxic positivity: when happiness can be harmful

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Josephw are you coming back to explain your comment to me?

Edit; nope, looks like one of his “bathroom breaks” is in play.
Actually I spent the morning at church and the afternoon with my family. I was up at 4am Saturday and didn't get to bed till after 11pm, and was up at 5am this morning and have been going all day. That's 6 hours of sleep in 36 hours and I'm not done yet.

Big deal, right? So what? Thought you'd like to know since it seems you're curious about my whereabouts.

And I did take a few bathroom breaks along the way. Need to know any more details? 🤣

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I’m more interested in wether Josephw (who seems to have ducked out) thinks what those people said to KellyJay was acceptable, appropriate, reasonable. Based on his apparent sarcastic jab at me, it appears he does.
You and FMF seem to be having difficulty understanding what I mean by what I said.

No surprise since you don't seem to understand what the Bible means by what it says either.

As punishment go back now an reread all my posts since September of 2006.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw

I now have to take another bathroom break. I may or may not be back. Don't hold your breath. It'll give you a chance to catch up on your reading.

😂

F

Moves
21 Feb 22

@josephw said
FMF seem to be having difficulty understanding what I mean by what I said.
My understanding of the meaning of what you said - you typed the word "unbiblical" only - is that the notion that Christian faith can result in healing is not scriptural, is that right?

Moves
21 Feb 22

@josephw said
"If only you had more faith".

Who do they think they are? They'll answer for that.
Judging by your sarcasm you seem think what those people in KellyJay’s church said to him was fair and reasonable and in being somehow unfair and unreasonable.

Is that the case, or are you as usual failing to follow the thread?

Moves
21 Feb 22

@josephw said
You and FMF seem to be having difficulty understanding what I mean by what I said.

No surprise since you don't seem to understand what the Bible means by what it says either.

As punishment go back now an reread all my posts since September of 2006.
I suspect it is you who are not bothering to understand what has been said. Let’s see if you come back and answer my question directly above this post.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 22

@fmf said
My understanding of the meaning of what you said - you typed the word "unbiblical" only - is that the notion that Christian faith can result in healing is not scriptural, is that right?
You really really misunderstand because you didn't catch my post 2nd from the bottom on page one in reply to divegeester's reply to kellyjay.

Probably won't help you much.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Judging by your sarcasm you seem think what those people in KellyJay’s church said to him was fair and reasonable and in being somehow unfair and unreasonable.

Is that the case, or are you as usual failing to follow the thread?
If that's what you think I meant, then that is evidence that your comprehension is diminished. You can't seem to understand.

Moves
21 Feb 22

@josephw said
If that's what you think I meant, then that is evidence that your comprehension is diminished. You can't seem to understand.
So tell me then Josephw was this which you posted on page 1 a jab at me, yes or no?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 22

@divegeester said
So tell me then Josephw was this which you posted on page 1 a jab at me, yes or no?

No divegeester, it wasn't a jab at you.

I was confirming what you had said to kellyjay about the loss of their child and the callous remarks of those that think bad things happen to Christians because they lack faith.

Jeez Louise. Why can't anybody understand me? 😏😁

Moves
22 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
No divegeester, it wasn't a jab at you.
I was confirming what you had said to kellyjay about the loss of their child and the callous remarks of those that think bad things happen to Christians because they lack faith.
Jeez Louise. Why can't anybody understand me? 😏😁
Maybe it’s your poor communication skills?

If you read your reply, read that post again, you will see how it appears to be a sarcastic jab at my calling those Christian’s out for what they said, and NOT you supporting me.

You see to my way of thinking, despite your claims of being a tough Christian guy, you don’t seem to stand for anything Joseph. You’re a bit like one of Suzianne’s metaphorical henchman who rocks up into a topic, swings a few punches, draws a line in the sawdust and then abruptly leaves, with no one knowing why you joined in. So so I just assume you are defaulting to having a pop at me.

If I’m wrong then I do sincerely apologise.