its like watching a monkey examine a watch
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 01:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    “I and the Father Are One”

THAT text, at John 10:30, is often cited to support the Trinity, even though no third person is mentioned there. But Jesus himself showed what he meant by his being “one” with the Father. At John 17:21, 22, he prayed to God that his disciples “may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union wi ...[text shortened]... s son’?” (John 10:31-36, NE) No, Jesus claimed that he was, not God the Son, but the Son of God.
    Can you explain 1 John 5:7 for me.
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 02:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its like watching a monkey examine a watch
    There is an art to being concise, notice I edit loads? I try to remove unnecessary text, when I studied science they taught me how to write turgidly 🙂 using as few words as possible. I was like that in my job too, concise.

On a good day you turn out about 2 books! Its hard too see your point sometimes.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 02:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Can you explain 1 John 5:7 for me.
    How did water, blood, and spirit bear witness to the fact that “Jesus is the Son of God”?
    Water was a witness bearer because when Jesus was baptized in water, Jehovah himself expressed His approval of him as His Son. (Matt. 3:17) Jesus’ blood, or life, p. 28given as “a corresponding ransom for all,” also showed that Jesus is God’s Son. (1 Tim. 2:5, 6) And the holy spirit testified that Jesus is the Son of God when it descended upon him at his baptism, enabling him to go “through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil.”—John 1:29-34; Acts 10:38.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 14:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    How did water, blood, and spirit bear witness to the fact that “Jesus is the Son of God”?
    Water was a witness bearer because when Jesus was baptized in water, Jehovah himself expressed His approval of him as His Son. (Matt. 3:17) Jesus’ blood, or life, p. 28given as “a corresponding ransom for all,” also showed that Jesus is God’s Son. (1 Tim. 2:5, 6) ...[text shortened]... ugh the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil.”—John 1:29-34; Acts 10:38.
    I think you have left out something. Look at it all again in context. (See below)

This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth:[b] the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

(1 John 5:6-8 NKJV)

Also can you explain the following from the beginning of that letter?

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

(1 John 1:1-3 NKJV)

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree