1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 19:10
    Trinity Sunday celebrates the the Christian doctrine of the Trinity on the first Sunday after Pentecost.

Does anyone here celebrate this?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 19:41
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Trinity Sunday celebrates the the Christian doctrine of the Trinity on the first Sunday after Pentecost.

Never heard of it, don't believe in the trinity, have no interest whatsoever in corporate religion. I'm sure sonship will be up for it though.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 04:31

Well, okay, let's have it.

Do you ask because you're just going to have something nasty to say about it, or are you actually interested?

What do you want to know?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 04:33
    Originally posted by @suzianne

Do you ask because you're just going to have something nasty to say about it, or are you actually interested?

Supergirl, I have nothing nasty to say about the Trinity.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 07:531 edit

I notice with some amusement that the erstwhile patience which you once had for chaney3, and of which you chided me for lacking, has since evaporated like manna. 😉
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 09:00

I always wondered if the holy trinity was the missing female element. Father, son, Holy Ghost. Mother, Maiden, HaG.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 09:28
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I notice with some amusement that the erstwhile patience which you once had for chaney3, and of which you chided me for lacking, has since evaporated like manna. 😉
    It's still there, only you presumably don't see it because you don't want to see it. You wouldn't have a point otherwise.

And manna evaporates? I know it melts in the sun, but evaporates?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 09:282 edits
    Supergirl, I have nothing nasty to say about the Trinity.
    So what is the point of this thread about Trinity Sunday?

Did you have a question about it?

Why did you want to know if anyone "celebrated" it?

Most Western Christian churches celebrate it. It is the same as the First Sunday after Pentecost. It fell on June 11 this year.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 20:18
    So what is the point of this thread about Trinity Sunday?

Did you have a question about it?

Why did you want to know if anyone "celebrated" it?

Most Western Christian churches celebrate it. It is the same as the First Sunday after Pentecost. It fell on June 11 this year.
    I hate "bumping" with a passion, but I have to ask you, chaney, if you're going to answer this.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 20:24
    I hate "bumping" with a passion, but I have to ask you, chaney, if you're going to answer this.
    Apologies.
    Like Dive, I had not heard about this celebration and didn't realize that Christians actually had a specific 'day' put aside for the Trinity.

I was just wondering if anyone here celebrated this.....and why?

No underlying motive.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 21:22
    Apologies.
    Like Dive, I had not heard about this celebration and didn't realize that Christians actually had a specific 'day' put aside for the Trinity.

I was just wondering if anyone here celebrated this.....and why?

No underlying motive.
    I believe in it. I never heard what you're talking about. I also fail to see the need for such a day. Every Sunday we gather to worship the Lord God.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 21:31
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I believe in it. I never heard what you're talking about. I also fail to see the need for such a day. Every Sunday we gather to worship the Lord God.
    As Suzianne pointed out above, Trinity Sunday was June 11th this year.

I wonder what sort of celebration occurs?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 01:18

Who knows, like I said, why bother?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 09:191 edit

There is no actual 'celebration', per se, at least not in the church I go to. There are seven Principal Feast Days in the calendar of the Episcopal Church: Easter Sunday, Ascension Day, Pentecost, Trinity Sunday, All Saints' Day, Christmas Day and the Epiphany. Feast Days are not days of actual 'feasting', they are days of yes, celebration, with some special rites, psalms and lessons. There might be a special sermon or other services might focus on the meaning of the day. We are urged to keep the day in mind when praying and it is a time of turning our thoughts towards the reason for the day in question. The main liturgy of my church is the Eucharist, and this is held every Sunday, regardless of Feast Days, major or minor.

But there is no "Woohoo! It's Trinity Sunday!" or anything like that. 🙂
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 09:29
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You clearly do not belong to a liturgical church. The Methodists, the Lutherans, the Anglicans, the Roman Catholics, the Presbyterians and the UCC all honor this day. Others do not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree