1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '12 02:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
    Do you also believe that the Earth is only a few thousand years old?
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 May '12 02:46
    Originally posted by finnegan
    You might enjoy engaging with Descartes on this topic. Essentially you argue, contrary to Descartes, that there is indeed a demon systematically tricking our senses and our reasoning minds. Sadly this leaves you in a position of needing to demonstrate that your mind is free of such delusion and you are in a position not unlike - keep up here - Plato's cave ...[text shortened]... I can assure you that endlessly reciting the same tiresome BS is not having the desired effect.
    solid argument, but i doubt he understood a word of it. you have to use simple terms that he is already familiar with.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 May '12 03:01
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    so what are your arguments for a young earth?
    having heard no supporting arguments for a young earth, i will have to conclude that you (rjhinds) have no supporting arguments for a young earth and believe it simply as a course of the general mythology you believe in.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 May '12 04:24
    Originally posted by finnegan
    You might enjoy engaging with Descartes on this topic. Essentially you argue, contrary to Descartes, that there is indeed a demon systematically tricking our senses and our reasoning minds. Sadly this leaves you in a position of needing to demonstrate that your mind is free of such delusion and you are in a position not unlike - keep up here - Plato's cave ...[text shortened]... I can assure you that endlessly reciting the same tiresome BS is not having the desired effect.
    RJH is in the cave, in a box, blinfolded with a bag over his head.
    (And the fire has gone out)
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 May '12 05:251 edit
    I watched the second video LOL the whole deal. The guy admits that it's a theory and not necessarily true. This would answer questions for YECers. The "C" decay is probably the worst of these theories. I can accept that God stretched the heavens but we have to ask the question then what is the effect of this? What is the observational evidence of this? If the universe was stretched out there should be an effect that we can see right? What are or would be the effect of stretching time and space? The most intriguing thing to me is that in the big bang model supposedly there was once 50% matter and 50% anti-matter and so the universe should have cancelled its self out but somehow matter made it to be the dominate in the universe.

Manny
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '12 05:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no need to withhold judgment for the evidence is here and now. As soon as people get their heads out and pay attention the theory of evolution will be thrown in the garbage where it belongs.
    As long as those promoting the evidence remain on youtube and refuse to publish their results in a reputable peer reviewed scientific journal, it will remain where it is, and the Theory of Evolution will remain solidly as one of the corner stones of modern science.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '12 07:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As long as those promoting the evidence remain on youtube and refuse to publish their results in a reputable peer reviewed scientific journal, it will remain where it is, and the Theory of Evolution will remain solidly as one of the corner stones of modern science.
    I remember looking at one of the videos in which the information is said to have been published in peer reviewed magazines and even showed all the magazines. The only one that I am familar with is "Nature" which I saw years ago in the Library at the Medical College of Georgia here in Augusta, Georgia.

There seems to be an unwillingness among evolutionists to seriously consider any opposing information to their sacred theory. This idea has been brought out in at least two videos I have posted on this site. You have that same attitude, it seems to me.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 May '12 10:161 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'm not going to put myself through 49 minutes of BS just to confirm your statement. 🙂
    it would be worthwhile to spend 49 minutes to uncover the truth. in this case however it would simply be 49 minutes of the latest and not so latest falsehoods, exaggerations, misinterpretations, misunderstanding, coverups that YECS come up so they get to a certain before known result.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka” but “That’s funny...”

—Isaac Asimov (1920–1992)

i have never seen a surprised yec scientist (it pains me to put "yec" and "scientist" together)
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '12 11:03
    I remember looking at one of the videos in which the information is said to have been published in peer reviewed magazines and even showed all the magazines.
    As long as it remains in your memory and on youtube and not in any actual magazines, its not going to get anywhere.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 May '12 11:35
    I am protected by the Holy Spirit, who does not allow me to stay in darkness for long, but delivers me from false teachings with the truth of God. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
    "who does not allow me to stay in darkness for long,"

Lol "for long" how long RJ? and why do you keep going back into the darkness, between you and the other Christians your god must feel as though he is doing the 'spinning plate' trick.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '12 12:50
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    "who does not allow me to stay in darkness for long,"

Lol "for long" how long RJ? and why do you keep going back into the darkness, between you and the other Christians your god must feel as though he is doing the 'spinning plate' trick.
    At least I do not stay in the dark like you and your atheist buddies.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 May '12 16:18
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it would be worthwhile to spend 49 minutes to uncover the truth. in this case however it would simply be 49 minutes of the latest and not so latest falsehoods, exaggerations, misinterpretations, misunderstanding, coverups that YECS come up so they get to a certain before known result.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heral ...[text shortened]... ave never seen a surprised yec scientist (it pains me to put "yec" and "scientist" together)
    Yeah, sometimes it's amusing to play the 'find the falsehoods' game, but perhaps not such a long version. 🙂
    People ask me if I get tired [of debating theists] and I say 'No, because you never know what they'll say next'.
    -Christopher Hitchens
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '12 16:22
    At least I do not stay in the dark like you and your atheist buddies.
    His atheist buddies are the ones who see clearly. They also can change their minds in light of newer science. You are the one in the dark, stuck 2000 years in the past, unable to change your views no matter what new science comes on board. For instance, look at my post about a new theory about the origins of the universe.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '12 01:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    His atheist buddies are the ones who see clearly. They also can change their minds in light of newer science. You are the one in the dark, stuck 2000 years in the past, unable to change your views no matter what new science comes on board. For instance, look at my post about a new theory about the origins of the universe.
    There are many theories but only one absolute TRUTH. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '12 12:30
    There are many theories but only one absolute TRUTH. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    There you go, devolving into proselytizing, unable to come up with a real response.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree