1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    15 Dec '15 15:51
    The Essence of Vedic Knowledge

    Bhagavad Gita is the essence of all Vedic knowledge. Vedic knowledge is not a question of research. Our research work is imperfect because we are researching things with our imperfect senses. Bhagavad Gita states that we have to accept perfect knowledge which comes down by parampara, disciplic succession, beginning with the supreme spiritual master, the Lord Himself, and handed down to a succession of spiritual masters.

    Arjuna, the student who took lessons from Lord Sri Krishna, accepts everything that He says without contradicting Him. One is not allowed to accept one portion of Bhagavad Gita and not another. No. We must accept Bhagavad Gita without interpretation, without deletion and without our own whimsical participation in the matter.

    The Gita should be taken as the most perfect presentation of Vedic knowledge. Vedic knowledge is received from transcendental sources and the first words were spoken by the Lord Himself. The words spoken by the Lord are different from the words spoken by a person of the mundane world who is infected with four defects. A person of the mundane world is sure to:
    1.Commit mistakes
    2.Is invariably illusioned
    3.Has the tendency to cheat others
    4.Is limited by imperfect senses.

    With these four imperfections one can not deliver perfect information of all-pervading knowledge.

    Vedic knowledge is not imparted by such defective living entities. It was imparted unto the heart of Brahma, the first created living being in this universe and Brahma in turn taught this knowledge to his sons and disciples as he originally received it from the Lord.

    All of this, and much more, is clearly described in Bhagavad Gita and if we properly utilize the instructions of Bhagavad Gita then our whole life will become purified, and ultimately we will be able to reach the destination which is beyond this material sky.

    The ultimate destination is called the sanatana sky, the eternal spiritual sky. In this material world we find that everything is temporary. It comes into being, stays for some time, produces some by-products, dwindles and then vanishes. This is the law of the material world, whether we use as an example this body, or a piece of fruit or anything. But beyond this temporary world there is another world of which we have information. This world consists of another nature which is sanatana, eternal, and the Lord is also described as sanatana in the Eleventh Chapter. We have an intimate relationship with the Lord and because we are all one--the sanatana-dharma or sky, the sanatana Supreme Personality and the sanatana living entities--the whole purpose of Bhagavad Gita is to revive our sanatana occupation, or sanatana-dharma, which is the eternal occupation of the living entity. We are temporally engaged in different activities, but all of these activities can be purified when we give up all these temporary activities and take up the activities which are prescribed by the Supreme Lord. This is called our pure life.

    from the vedas
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52618
    15 Dec '15 17:17
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The Essence of Vedic Knowledge

    Bhagavad Gita is the essence of all Vedic knowledge. Vedic knowledge is not a question of research. Our research work is imperfect because we are researching things with our imperfect senses. Bhagavad Gita states that we have to accept perfect knowledge which comes down by parampara, disciplic succession, beginning with the sup ...[text shortened]... vities which are prescribed by the Supreme Lord. This is called our pure life.

    from the vedas
    The Vedas: 100% man made in order to attract parrots like you. It is all about controlling people, as are every religion on Earth.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    16 Dec '15 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The Vedas: 100% man made in order to attract parrots like you. It is all about controlling people, as are every religion on Earth.
    You are certainly the King of the ignoramuses'.

    Why?

    Because the Vedas come to mankind in the perfect spiritual language Sanskrit.

    Sanskrit is more perfect than English and Latin and Hebrew and Arabic and Greek etc etc.

    So ........did parrots create Sanskrit?

    Sanskrit is a spiritual language and the most perfect language on earth.

    Sanskrit existed long before the pyramids and the Roman Empire.

    So one more time..................did parrots create Sanskrit.

    You have trapped yourself into a corner of your own making....................because you now realize the Vedas and Sanskrit go hand in hand and they are superior in every way to your mundane materialistic false knowledge.

    By your envious posting .........you have JUST announced to the world that you have no clue what you are talking about, unless you can explain to me how the perfect language of Sanskrit and the Vedas are existing in unison thousands and thousands of years ago, when apparently according to you ..........there were ignorant ape-like cave men were roaming the earth.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52618
    16 Dec '15 11:03
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are certainly the King of the ignoramuses'.

    Why?

    Because the Vedas come to mankind in the perfect spiritual language Sanskrit.

    Sanskrit is more perfect than English and Latin and Hebrew and Arabic and Greek etc etc.

    So ........did parrots create Sanskrit?

    Sanskrit is a spiritual language and the most perfect language on earth.

    Sanskrit exi ...[text shortened]... arently according to you ..........there were ignorant ape-like cave men were roaming the earth.
    I hate to tell you, cowboy, Sanskrit was preceded by many languages. Ancient Chinese languages are just as old or older than your precious Sanskrit, which we both know you only get details about it second hand since you are just as ignorant about it than me or anyone else around here.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    16 Dec '15 19:45
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are certainly the King of the ignoramuses'.

    Why?

    Because the Vedas come to mankind in the perfect spiritual language Sanskrit.

    Sanskrit is more perfect than English and Latin and Hebrew and Arabic and Greek etc etc.

    So ........did parrots create Sanskrit?

    Sanskrit is a spiritual language and the most perfect language on earth.

    Sanskrit exi ...[text shortened]... arently according to you ..........there were ignorant ape-like cave men were roaming the earth.
    What babble.
  6. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    16 Dec '15 20:07
    Originally posted by Dasa to Sonhouse
    You are certainly the King of the ignoramuses'.

    Why?

    Because the Vedas come to mankind in the perfect spiritual language Sanskrit.

    Sanskrit is more perfect than English and Latin and Hebrew and Arabic and Greek etc etc.

    So ........did parrots create Sanskrit?

    Sanskrit is a spiritual language and the most perfect language on earth.

    ...[text shortened]... arently according to you ..........there were ignorant ape-like cave men were roaming the earth.
    "Sanskrit existed long before the pyramids and the Roman Empire."
    --Dasa

    The Harappan language (ancient Indus Valley civilization) evidently existed before Sanskrit.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    16 Dec '15 20:43
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "Sanskrit existed long before the pyramids and the Roman Empire."
    --Dasa

    The Harappan language (ancient Indus Valley civilization) evidently existed before Sanskrit.
    Sanskrit is an eternal language.

    It exists throughout the universe and in other universes.

    Sanskrit pre-dates history.

    Spirituality cannot be expounded without the spiritual language Sanskrit.

    When a person is dishonest and thinks life is a random accident....................then they will never voluntarily accept the truth of Sanskrit. (because of that dishonesty.)

    Dishonesty will always defeat the dishonest.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    16 Dec '15 20:51
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are certainly the King of the ignoramuses'.

    Why?

    Because the Vedas come to mankind in the perfect spiritual language Sanskrit.

    Sanskrit is more perfect than English and Latin and Hebrew and Arabic and Greek etc etc.

    So ........did parrots create Sanskrit?

    Sanskrit is a spiritual language and the most perfect language on earth.

    Sanskrit exi ...[text shortened]... arently according to you ..........there were ignorant ape-like cave men were roaming the earth.
    According to Wikipedia, the Egyptian and Sumarian languages are the oldest know written languages. What is your evidence for your claim?


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_first_written_accounts
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    16 Dec '15 20:571 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    According to Wikipedia, the Egyptian and Sumarian languages are the oldest know written languages. What is your evidence for your claim?


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_first_written_accounts
    The Vedas were first written down in about 500 BCE, five hundred years after Hebrew was invented and long after the Sumerian Cuneiform.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    16 Dec '15 22:131 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The Vedas were first written down in about 500 BCE, five hundred years after Hebrew was invented and long after the Sumerian Cuneiform.
    That, 500 BCE, is after the Pyramids. 😏
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    16 Dec '15 22:291 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Sanskrit is an eternal language.
    It exists throughout the universe and in other universes.
    Sanskrit pre-dates history.
    Spirituality cannot be expounded without the spiritual language Sanskrit.

    When a person is dishonest and thinks life is a random accident....................then they will never voluntarily accept the truth of Sanskrit. (because of that dishonesty.)

    Dishonesty will always defeat the dishonest.
    "It (Sanskrit) exists throughout the universe and in other universe."
    --Dasa

    Really? I never knew that the Klingons could speak Sanskrit. (sarcasm intended)
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52618
    17 Dec '15 14:20
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "It (Sanskrit) exists throughout the universe and in other universe."
    --Dasa

    Really? I never knew that the Klingons could speak Sanskrit. (sarcasm intended)
    It must be so, since it is written in the original Sanskrit. It says so right there, Sanskrit is spoken in MANY other universes and of course our universe has only been around for 14 billion years and Krshna comes on the scene only once every 5 billion I think it is, so he has been here maximum 3 times.

    Other universes obviously have been around a lot longer than our skimpy little universe so Sanskrit has been around trillions of years, obviously. It says so in the Vedas. So it HAS to be true.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91629
    19 Dec '15 06:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It must be so, since it is written in the original Sanskrit. It says so right there, Sanskrit is spoken in MANY other universes and of course our universe has only been around for 14 billion years and Krshna comes on the scene only once every 5 billion I think it is, so he has been here maximum 3 times.

    Other universes obviously have been around a lot l ...[text shortened]... it has been around trillions of years, obviously. It says so in the Vedas. So it HAS to be true.
    Hinduism has to be the messiest religion going.

    I guess in that way is does reflect human life 🙂
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    19 Dec '15 07:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I hate to tell you, cowboy, Sanskrit was preceded by many languages. Ancient Chinese languages are just as old or older than your precious Sanskrit, which we both know you only get details about it second hand since you are just as ignorant about it than me or anyone else around here.
    Well, at least, he did get that part right about you being king of the ignoramuses. 😏
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91629
    19 Dec '15 08:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, at least, he did get that part right about you being king of the ignoramuses. 😏
    I hope you realize that your posts at times aren't even worth the effort to click the " thumbs down" to
Back to Top