True or False Quiz

True or False Quiz

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
24 Apr 05
1 edit

I have prepared a short quiz to help us review some things that we have learned through our spiritual debates.

Please answer each item True or False, and offer any elaborations that you feel are necessary. Note that some may be trick questions.

1) The General Argument from Evil requires the specification of a particular moral theory.

2) Week 8 Bible Study was on Discipline.

3) Ivanhoe is a Catholic priest.

4) The Strong Atheist refuses to believe in God's existence due to a lack of empirical evidence.

5) Grace is a sufficient condition for salvation.

6) According to the Catholic Catechism, hell is literally a lake of fire.

7) Catholics have bigger Bibles than Protestants.

8) The Spirituality ex Debates forum is an aesthetic blemish.

9) The Bible is written so that even the simple minded ["that means retardeds"] can understand it.

10) John 3:16 declares a falsehood, because belief in Jesus is not actually a sufficient condition for salvation.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
24 Apr 05
1 edit

I'll have a go. No cheating either.

1) F

2) uhm . . . uh . . . T

3) F

4) trick question T but often thinks that the very concept of god is unclear

5) F

6) T

7) T

8) F

9) F (Counterexample: Darfius)

10) T

Ok now may I suggest an extra credit question?

"Probability theory demonstrates that almost surely a god designed the universe. If T, provide a proof. If F, why not?"

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
24 Apr 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
5) Grace is a sufficient condition for salivation.

6) According to the Catholic Catechism, hell is literally a lake of fire.

7) Catholics have bigger Bibles than Protestants.

8) The Spirituality ex Debates forum is an aesthetic blemish.

9) The Bible is written so that even the simple minded ["that means retardeds"] can understand i ...[text shortened]... lares a falsehood, because belief in Jesus is not actually a sufficient condition for salvation.
1. False

2. I was truant

3. Undecidable, but if his nomination for FW Pope is credible, he's a Cardinal over at FW.

4. No, the strong atheist makes the claim that there is no god, and presumably has some evidence in favour of this claim.

5. No, that's chicken tikka masala, cigarettes or Starrman's avatar.

6. I don't know actually. Ivanhoe?

7. True.

8. True.

9. Did RBHILL provide this question?

10. Apparently so.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Apr 05

I have prepared a short quiz to help us review some things that we have learned through our spiritual debates.

Please answer each item True or False, and offer any elaborations that you feel are necessary. Note that some may be trick questions.

1) The General Argument from Evil requires the specification of a particular moral theory.

2) ...[text shortened]... lares a falsehood, because belief in Jesus is not actually a sufficient condition for salvation.
1) F

2) No idea

3) No (?)

4) F. The Strong Atheists insists that he absolutely knows there is no God. The problem describes a Weak Atheist.

5) I don't know what "grace" is. Furthermore, different religions will answer this differently I am sure.

6) F (?). I think they say it's a separation from God.

7) Don't know.

8) F.

9) F

10) Depends on your personal belief.

x
Incroyant

tinyurl.com/ksdwu

Moves
24 Apr 05

2) ...[text shortened]... lares a falsehood, because belief in Jesus is not actually a sufficient condition for salvation.
Just give me an incomplete.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
25 Apr 05

So far, the results of this experiment have been quite enlightening. Let's give it another day before I present my conclusions.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
25 Apr 05

So far, the results of this experiment have been quite enlightening. Let's give it another day before I present my conclusions.

loooool ..... 😀 😵 😀

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
25 Apr 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

loooool ..... 😀 😵 😀
I notice you didn't take the quiz. You planning to take a zero on this on?

rkr

Moves
25 Apr 05

Originally posted by telerion
I notice you didn't take the quiz. You planning to take a zero on this on?
i have a fifty fifty chance if i try so i say all ten are true and see what i make. lol

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
25 Apr 05

Originally posted by red king richie
i have a fifty fifty chance if i try so i say all ten are true and see what i make. lol
lol. That's the spirit!

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
25 Apr 05

" 1) The General Argument from Evil requires the specification of a particular moral theory." F

"2) Week 8 Bible Study was on Discipline." ? = (don't know)

"3) Ivanhoe is a Catholic priest." ?

"4) The Strong Atheist refuses to believe in God's existence due to a lack of empirical evidence." ?

"5) Grace is a sufficient condition for salvation." F (it's a necessary condition)

"6) According to the Catholic Catechism, hell is literally a lake of fire." ?

"7) Catholics have bigger Bibles than Protestants." T

"8) The Spirituality ex Debates forum is an aesthetic blemish." ?

"9) The Bible is written so that even the simple minded ["that means retardeds"] can understand it." T

"10) John 3:16 declares a falsehood, because belief in Jesus is not actually a sufficient condition for salvation." F

I think I flunked. 🙁

h

e2

Moves
25 Apr 05

1) False.
2) Trick question.
3) Trick question.
4) Trick question.
5) True.
6) I don't know.
7) Trick question.
8) Trick question.
9) Trick question.
10) False.

d

Moves
25 Apr 05

1) F
2) F -- an educated guess. I believe "discipline" was one of the later lessons
3) F -- or so he claims
4) F
5) T -- Grace was also a necessary condition for salvation, if I remember correctly
6) T
7) T -- The apochrypha (sp?)
8) T -- in the opinion of the Doctor
9) F, IMO
10) T, IMO

n

Moves
25 Apr 05

1) T
2) dunno
3) dunno
4) sorta T but weak atheism does as well... also other factors
5) dont believe in salvation
6) what no brimstone?
7) never c ounted the pages
8) F
9) Very F, most scholars cant agree on much of it
10) depends on your beliefs :-P

n

Moves