True statement

True statement

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Pepperland

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by chappy1
It does have basis. Jesus himself says this in the Bible. He's simply quoting the Bible!!
the truth is that we don't know what Jesus really said, some of the gospels even contradict themselves.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
the truth is that we don't know what Jesus really said, some of the gospels even contradict themselves.
They can't contradict themselves.

They are from different writers.

It is like if someone ask you how the Indy 500 went, you story of it would be different then mine.

This is why I think God allows satan to trick you in thinking it contradicts itself: 1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

R

California

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by menace71
I believe the book of Romans addresses this to some extent. I guess what bothers me is a lot of Christians just come off as so judgmental. If you believe what the bible says than really no one at all deserves to go to heaven including Christians.

Manny
You are right that no one desurves heaven.

Only the ones that have been saved are going to heaven.

g

Pepperland

Moves
29 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL

They are from different writers.

It is like if someone ask you how the Indy 500 went, you story of it would be different then mine.

This is why I think God allows satan to trick you in thinking it contradicts itself: 1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

that proves my theory, you haven't even read it.
for example, Jesus Christ, in Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23 of the New Testament, said, "He who is not with me is against me...".However, in Mark 3:23-29, the same anecdote is related without including this passage. In Mark 9:40, in a different context, he said: "...whoever is not against us is for us".

I think

exactly! you think, that doesn't mean you're right.

allows satan to trick you

LOL, Im pretty sure satan isn't tricking me.

They are from different writers

more than you think, there were many additions and different translations throughout the years, it is almost impossible to know what exactly Jesus said.

d

Moves
29 May 09

You are right that no one desurves heaven.

Only the ones that have been saved are going to heaven.
You deserve a lobotomy.

R

California

Moves
29 May 09

[b]They can't contradict themselves.

for example, Jesus Christ, in Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23 of the New Testament, said, "He who is not with me is against me...".However, in Mark 3:23-29, the same anecdote is related without including this passage. In Mark 9:40, in a different context, he said ...[text shortened]... slations throughout the years, it is almost impossible to know what exactly Jesus said.[/b]
The books are written by different people.

R

California

Moves
29 May 09

for example, Jesus Christ, in Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23 of the New Testament, said, "He who is not with me is against me...".However, in Mark 3:23-29, the same anecdote is related without including this passage. In Mark 9:40, in a different context, he said ...[text shortened]... slations throughout the years, it is almost impossible to know what exactly Jesus said.[/b]
Look I know I am right from the testimony of what God has done for me.

R

California

Moves
29 May 09

am you say you are sure that satan is not tricking you.
2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age (satan) has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

g

Pepperland

Moves
29 May 09

Look I know I am right from the testimony of what God has done for me.
yes, you're right, and everybody else is wrong, please save me from damnation!

I can feel the fire of hell right now, please RBHILL save me!

g

Pepperland

Moves
29 May 09

am you say you are sure that satan is not tricking you.
2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age (satan) has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Im not an "unbeliever", or whatever you mean by that.

R

California

Moves
29 May 09

Have you ever taken the good persons test?

www.wayofthemaster.com

c

Moves
29 May 09

Im not an "unbeliever", or whatever you mean by that.
You are an unbeliever if you haven't received Christ as your personal savior.

c

Moves
29 May 09

Be careful! RBHILL can save no one only Jesus can and for you to mock it means you don't fully understand.

d

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by chappy1
Be careful! RBHILL can save no one only Jesus can and for you to mock it means you don't fully understand.
Don't fully understand what?

CD
306X0

warum?

Moves
30 May 09
2 edits

Originally posted by darvlay
So how does this:

"True... but I believe John1:9 shows that those who never heard the gospel or the name Jesus are without excuse. "

follow from that verse?
John 1:9 (KJV)
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

"true Light" is the Lord Jesus Christ; "which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" = the knowledge of the Creator who is omnipotent, omniscient, and holy is placed within all mankind and those who reject or ignore the true Light are without excuse

Romans 2:14-15 (KJV)
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another