1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 12:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your willingness to your conflate your political bias and your religious bias makes you appear as one of the dumbest posters here. Your last post here confirms this.
    What are you babbling about?

The Pope said Trump was going to hell for building a wall dingleberry.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 12:191 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Surely the Bible warns us not to associate with people like Trump.
    It actually says nothing bad about people building walls except in Nehemiah when it was cool to build walls.

And don't call me surely.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 12:23
    Originally posted by whodey

People saying other people will go to hell/eternal punishment for all kinds of things they happen to think are bad, are pretty crazy, don't you think?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 12:25
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    People saying other people will go to hell/eternal punishment for all kinds of things they happen to think are bad, are pretty crazy, don't you think?
    Now, now, are you calling the Pope crazy?

Not only will you make Catholics unhappy, you might have left wingers who love the guy be unhappy as well.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 04:29

No, you still don't get it. The Pope never mentioned Trump by name.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 06:47
    Perhaps they should keep an eye on what's happening regardless. The POTUS creates ripples that affect people in other countries, the bigger the ripples, the bigger the effect. Someone like Trump could make life more difficult for a lot of people, and not just in the US.
    That America is full of voting idiots is not I question. GWB got two terms and he was possibly worse than Trump, certainly less intelligent and more of puppet. I won't be surprised if Trump gets in but I suspect his numptyness will be largely blocked by the houses. My point here is that Trump isn't the problem, American voters like whodey are.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 07:30
    Now, now, are you calling the Pope crazy?

Not only will you make Catholics unhappy, you might have left wingers who love the guy be unhappy as well.
    No, I wasn't specifically talking about the pope - although yes, he probably is a nutcase - I was talking about:

"People saying other people will go to hell/eternal punishment for all kinds of things they happen to think are bad".

Aren't you one of those people?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 11:40
    No, you still don't get it. The Pope never mentioned Trump by name.
    Right, he only mentioned people building walls with bad toupees,.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 11:41
    No, I wasn't specifically talking about the pope - although yes, he probably is a nutcase - I was talking about:

"People saying other people will go to hell/eternal punishment for all kinds of things they happen to think are bad".

Aren't you one of those people?
    Who am I, God?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 11:52
    Who am I, God?
    I dunno. Are you non-existent?

Since you bring up this pope incident quite often, can you quote what he said in relation to Trump's fart building a wall?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 12:011 edit
    I dunno. Are you non-existent?

Since you bring up this pope incident quite often, can you quote what he said in relation to Trump's fart building a wall?
    (CNN) — Thrusting himself into the combative 2016 presidential campaign, Pope Francis said Thursday that GOP front-runner Donald Trump "is not Christian" if he calls for the deportation of undocumented immigrants and pledges to build a wall between the United States and Mexico.

The Pope, who was traveling back to Rome from Mexico, where he urged the United States to address the "humanitarian crisis" on its southern border, did not tell American Catholics not to vote for Trump.

But Francis left little doubt where he stood on the polarizing issue of immigration reform.

"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not the gospel," the Pope told journalists who asked his opinion on Trump's proposals to halt illegal immigration.

Maybe the Pope is angling for Hillary's VP.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 12:09
    (CNN) — Thrusting himself into the combative 2016 presidential campaign, Pope Francis said Thursday that GOP front-runner Donald Trump "is not Christian" if he calls for the deportation of undocumented immigrants and pledges to build a wall between the United States and Mexico.

The Pope, who was traveling back to Rome from Mexico, where he urged the United ...[text shortened]... on Trump's proposals to halt illegal immigration.

Alright.

Now can you show where he said that Trump will go to hell?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 12:51

The Pope, who was traveling back to Rome from Mexico, where he urged the United ...[text shortened]... on Trump's proposals to halt illegal immigration.

1, The Pope did not "thrust himself" into the campaign. Someone asked him a question, and he answered.
    2. The Pope did not mention Trump by name.
    3. The Pope was nevertheless right.
    4. This was blown way out of proportion. This was not nearly as sensational as everyone made it out to be. Capitalists and conservatives cannot be Christian. Everyone knows this. One cannot serve God and mammon. Trump's only gods are greed and himself.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '16 02:381 edit
    1, The Pope did not "thrust himself" into the campaign. Someone asked him a question, and he answered.
    2. The Pope did not mention Trump by name.
    3. The Pope was nevertheless right.
    4. This was blown way out of proportion. This was not nearly as sensational as everyone made it out to be. Capitalists and conservatives cannot be Christian. Everyone knows this. One cannot serve God and mammon. Trump's only gods are greed and himself.
    Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows who the Pope was referencing.

The Pope had the option not to enter the political arena, but then, he has been continuing to do so for some time now. Why else would he give sermons on climate change and the virtues of redistribution?

Historically speaking, the Pope is a political figure. After all, they have their own little sovereign state and little army.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '16 02:521 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That America is full of voting idiots is not I question. GWB got two terms and he was possibly worse than Trump, certainly less intelligent and more of puppet. I won't be surprised if Trump gets in but I suspect his numptyness will be largely blocked by the houses. My point here is that Trump isn't the problem, American voters like whodey are.
    No. Trump would be way, way, way worse that GWB.
    And I say that as someone who truly despises GWB.

GWB was a typical mainstream bad republican.

Trump is a violence inspiring authoritarian fascist as well as being dumber, thinner skinned, and
    more gullible than GWB.

GWB was a bad president that you could live through.

Trump would be a monster for whom forming "The Resistance" is the only valid response to his
    winning the election. [Or maybe rapidly emigrating to somewhere else... although I am not sure
    anywhere on Earth is far enough with Trump in the White House... Elon may have to move his
    Mars colonisation plans up some.]

I'm watching this election cycle and having flashbacks to 1930's Germany and I am not being in
    hyperbolic in the slightest.
    If that episode of history and our remembering it is supposed to teach us anything it is that you
    do not give power to anyone who uses violence to suppress dissent or who is clearly not prepared to
    ever give it up once they have got it. Trump fits that billing.

VOX
    Donald Trump’s message is violent to its core

YouTube

EDIT: However, this is still politics and not religion/spirituality. Just involving the pope doesn't change that.
    This discussion should happen in debates and not here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree