1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 22:09
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    First of all, I could care less about Trump, he is a clown.

Probably the only true thing you have ever said.

Secondly, to think he is just arousing the fears of the populace is incorrect.

Also, not what I was saying... How's that reading comprehension going over there?

Statistics show that crimes in major ...[text shortened]... ostly committed
    by white Christian men.

[quote]End of story.

Not by a long shot.
    Read and learn

http://www.constitutionparty.com/illegal-alien-crime-and-violence-by-the-numbers-were-all-victims/

Any group of people you allow into a country will cause crime to go up. However, not being allowed to cherry pick the law abiding immigrants from criminals will only make the numbers go higher. The border needs to be secured.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 23:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes they are. You are the one being dishonest. Both Bernie and Hillary want to push for a single payer system instead and the GOP says they want to overturn the legislation as well.
    I'm talking about voters; not politicians. At least not the the headliners. Immediate affordable heathcare for all should be a fundamental...surely you agree?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 01:124 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm talking about voters; not politicians. At least not the the headliners. Immediate affordable heathcare for all should be a fundamental...surely you agree?
    What exactly is a "right"?

Is a right something that the government must provide? For example, if we have the right to bear arms, does that mean that the government should be required to arm us?

If so, what does a right entail? When you say that we have a right to health care does that mean that I should have the same access to health care as those in Washington who opted out of Obamacare because they wanted something better for themselves or does it mean that I will have a single payer system like the Veterans in Arizona had who were secretly put on lists not to treat because they were too expensive to treat?

In fact, what medical treatments should we be turned down for if any? Who is the all knowing and all benevolent man or woman behind the curtain that will grant all of these things to us no matter the cost or do we not take into consideration who can pay for them?
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 18:26
    Read and learn

http://www.constitutionparty.com/illegal-alien-crime-and-violence-by-the-numbers-were-all-victims/

Any group of people you allow into a country will cause crime to go up. However, not being allowed to cherry pick the law abiding immigrants from criminals will only make the numbers go higher. The border needs to be secured.
    Right back at you.

Vox
    A century of research says Donald Trump is wrong about immigrants and crime
    http://www.vox.com/2015/7/9/8922783/immigrants-crime-donald-trump
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 19:32
    What motivates people to vote is self interest
    This is untrue.

Clearly, minorities and women (especially those who belong to the vanishing middle class) who vote Republican are voting directly AGAINST their best interests. Popular Radio Personality Republicans like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have the middle class so confused by their spin that they have become lambs to the slaughter.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 19:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is untrue.

Clearly, minorities and women (especially those who belong to the vanishing middle class) who vote Republican are voting directly AGAINST their best interests. Popular Radio Personality Republicans like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have the middle class so confused by their spin that they have become lambs to the slaughter.
    Actually it's worse than that.

The only people who's self interest is actually served by the GOP are millionaires,
    billionaires, and big corporations.

Everyone else is better off with [frankly] anyone else.

Minorities, women, non-Christians, and the poor, are simply the ones they admit that they
    are shafting.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 20:111 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Actually it's worse than that.

The only people who's self interest is actually served by the GOP are millionaires,
    billionaires, and big corporations.

Everyone else is better off with [frankly] anyone else.

Minorities, women, non-Christians, and the poor, are simply the ones they admit that they
    are shafting.
    Again, you get a thumbs up from me for talking sense.

I would add Christians to the list of those who are hoodwinked by the Republican Party. Clearly, Jesus would NOT be a conservative Republican (and by this I mean American conservatism). In my post I was speaking specifically of those who actually vote Republican, against their best interests. Most minorites and most women and most poor and non-Christian don't vote Republican. I was talking about those of those classes who do, are voting directly against their best interests because they're being fooled by rhetoric. And I know far less poor and non-Christian who vote Republican than minorities and women who do.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 21:22
    Read and learn

No, whodey, if you let a couple of truckloads of quadriplegic octogenarians in the country, the crime rate will go down, not up.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 23:14
    This is untrue.

People vote for what they THINK is their self interest.

As you point out, most people vote out of ignorance and actually vote against their self interest unknowingly.

All except you of course. 😵
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 23:14
    Again, you get a thumbs up from me for talking sense.

I would add Christians to the list of those who are hoodwinked by the Republican Party. Clearly, Jesus would NOT be a conservative Republican (and by this I mean American conservatism). In my post I was speaking specifically of those who actually vote Republican, against their best interests. Most ...[text shortened]... And I know far less poor and non-Christian who vote Republican than minorities and women who do.
    So you are saying that all conservatives are hell bound? 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree