San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 23:24
    @suzianne said
    [youtube GOP Jesus]SZ2L-R8NgrA[/youtube]

[youtube Republican Jesus]UcaDoq44Lag[/youtube]

[youtube Republican Jesus]OEi1eOdTEVo[/youtube]

[youtube Republican Jesus]np61pasdp-Q[/youtube]

[youtube The Republican Party is Not the Christian Party]SI5HfVmXoCY[/youtube]

Enough said.
    Terrible but true. So you are saying Jesus would vote for Trump??? Just kidding!
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 23:27
    @divegeester said
    If the forum scrutiny gets too much you could always pretend to be popping down the beach for a couple of days again, and then disappear for a month. Or maybe there’s another sick relative you need to attend to.
    It's because of you and your two evil triplets that I get tired of your poop just like everyone else here does. Geeeez I wish you three would leave.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 01:55
    @galveston75 said
    But could you show the scripture that says God "chooses" who rules or governs the governments of the world, if that is what you are saying?
    Romans 13, 1-2: "Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves."

That's from the Jehovah's Witness organization's New World Translation.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 03:40
    @fmf said
    Romans 13, 1-2: "Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves."

That's from the Jehovah's Witness organization's New World Translation.
    Yep that's right. So what about it? You posted it so now explain it if you can.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 04:08
    @galveston75 said
    Yep that's right. So what about it? You posted it so now explain it if you can.
    It's been discussed here many times. It contradicts what you said on an earlier page. If you don't think it does and you don't want to say why, that's fine by me. If you think Romans 13, 1-4 supports the assertion you have made but want to keep the reason to yourself, so be it.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 11:45
    @fmf said
    It's been discussed here many times. It contradicts what you said on an earlier page. If you don't think it does and you don't want to say why, that's fine by me. If you think Romans 13, 1-4 supports the assertion you have made but want to keep the reason to yourself, so be it.
    Why should I? If I say nothing then I get accused of ducking and hiding or whatever or running off to take care of some sick relative.
    ( Divedude is a complete cruel idiot for hinting that my mothers death was something I must have made up to dodge some stupid question. )
    If I do answer then I get accused of trying to preach or teach where none of you want to hear it. So believe as you wish because I'm tired of the games you three play....
    You three apparently own the spiritual forums so have at it.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 12:30
    @galveston75 said
    Why should I? If I say nothing then I get accused of ducking and hiding or whatever or running off to take care of some sick relative.
    ( Divedude is a complete cruel idiot for hinting that my mothers death was something I must have made up to dodge some stupid question. )
    If I do answer then I get accused of trying to preach or teach where none of you want to hear i ...[text shortened]... red of the games you three play....
    You three apparently own the spiritual forums so have at it.
    Full of BS as usual, and rambling on and on about trivialities. The issue is whether or not God is in control of the affairs of men, and this includes government and the general direction the world is heading. The answer given in the bible is a resounding YES. God rules in the affairs of men. FMF gave also a clear passage stating that God has placed governments in power and people are supposed to obey and follow the laws of their government.

So far you have contributed nothing to the issue.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 13:32
    @rajk999 said
    Full of BS as usual, and rambling on and on about trivialities. The issue is whether or not God is in control of the affairs of men, and this includes government and the general direction the world is heading. The answer given in the bible is a resounding YES. God rules in the affairs of men. FMF gave also a clear passage stating that God has placed governments in power and p ...[text shortened]... o obey and follow the laws of their government.

So far you have contributed nothing to the issue.
    Trivialities huh? Trivialities can kill and that's what you blow off as nothing. That scripture never says that God controls and is in charge of the day to day actions that governments do daily. It says he allows them to exist and they rule themselves. He allows that to happen and could crush them if he decides to, which will happen at Armageddon.
    The only government he is involved in is his Government in heaven which he is letting his son Jesus act as ruler.
    So it is you that is ignoring the extremely important trivialities that you just can't see.
    If he controls it he isn't doing such a good job huh? Come on!!!!!
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 13:541 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Trivialities huh? Trivialities can kill and that's what you blow off as nothing. That scripture never says that God controls and is in charge of the day to day actions that governments do daily. It says he allows them to exist and they rule themselves. He allows that to happen and could crush them if he decides to, which will happen at Armageddon.
    The only government ...[text shortened]... ities that you just can't see.
    If he controls it he isn't doing such a good job huh? Come on!!!!!
    You are really a very stupid man. The trivialities on which you focus are the things Dive says about you, comments about me, comments about FMF which have nothing to do with the issue. If you focus we can discuss the issue but you are childish and stupid.

You said: That scripture never says that God controls and is in charge of the day to day actions that governments do daily. It says he allows them to exist and they rule themselves.
    The Bible says clearly that God rules in the affairs of men and He put whosover He wants in charge.

You said He allows that to happen and could crush them if he decides to, which will happen at Armageddon.
    Irrelevant

You said The only government he is involved in is his Government in heaven which he is letting his son Jesus act as ruler.
    The bible says no such thing. God rules in heaven as well. The bible says Jesus WILL BE RULER on the earth when he returns and set up his kingdom

You said If he controls it he isn't doing such a good job huh? Come on!!!!!
    This is just your opinion and is plain nonsense. Not in the bible.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 14:43
    @rajk999 said
    You are really a very stupid man. The trivialities on which you focus are the things Dive says about you, comments about me, comments about FMF which have nothing to do with the issue. If you focus we can discuss the issue but you are childish and stupid.

You said: That scripture never says that God controls and is in charge of the day to day actions that governments d ...[text shortened]... huh? Come on!!!!!
    This is just your opinion and is plain nonsense. Not in the bible.
    Right......... Sorry but not interested in arguing with you.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 16:331 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Right......... Sorry but not interested in arguing with you.
    I know that. What you want is for people to read the nonsense on your Watchtower website and agree with it. You believe that the WatchTower has Gods authority and anyone who disagrees with them is of Satan.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 20:37
    @rajk999 said
    I know that. What you want is for people to read the nonsense on your Watchtower website and agree with it. You believe that the WatchTower has Gods authority and anyone who disagrees with them is of Satan.
    Nope. They can choose to study with us, learn about the Bible by studying the bible and then choose what they want.
    And not once will they be called ignorant, stupid or any of the non Christian words you call anyone who disagrees with you.....
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 22:09
    @galveston75 said
    Nope. They can choose to study with us, learn about the Bible by studying the bible and then choose what they want.
    And not once will they be called ignorant, stupid or any of the non Christian words you call anyone who disagrees with you.....
    Non Christian words? What is a Christian word? Do you want a list of the words Christ called certain people. I called you stupid because rather than focus on the topic, which you started about voting, and contribute in some substantial way you made derogatory remarks. You started it. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with me.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 22:57
    @rajk999 said
    Non Christian words? What is a Christian word? Do you want a list of the words Christ called certain people. I called you stupid because rather than focus on the topic, which you started about voting, and contribute in some substantial way you made derogatory remarks. You started it. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with me.
    Lol..... You are truly clueless.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 23:28
    @galveston75 said
    Lol..... You are truly clueless.
    So far you have had several clear bible passages which you have ignored with the comment that they are misunderstood. No explanation as to why, but only links to Watchtower websites, and insults. This is your mo for just about every topic. The entire bible is misunderstood by Christians. Only the JWs have the truth, which is not in the bible. The truth is all on the Watchtower websites.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree