1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 23:29
    @galveston75 said
    Why should I?
    You: Could you show the scripture that says God "chooses" who rules or governs the governments of the world?

Scripture (NWT): There is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 23:42
    @galveston75 said
    That scripture never says that God controls and is in charge of the day to day actions that governments do daily. It says he allows them to exist and they rule themselves.
    That scripture says he allows them to exist and they rule themselves.

Actually, according to the New World Translation text that I quoted, God has "placed" all governments in their positions and it also describes this as "the arrangement of God". Other translations use the words "established", "instituted", and "appointed" rather than "placed". The Bible, in this scripture does NOT say that God 'allows them to exist". It says that they are "placed" there by God. You are saying something untrue.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 23:43
    @fmf said
    You: Could you show the scripture that says God "chooses" who rules or governs the governments of the world?

Scripture (NWT): There is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.
    The man said it is misunderstood. I think he means that God has misunderstood what his purpose is. Apparently God did not consult with the JW elders / Watchtower website, before he inspired people to write the bible.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 02:48
    You know as well as I do no matter what I explain, no matter how I try to reason, and no matter the scriptures I show, neither of you three will ever see the Bible's stand on this as well as other points you all continually miss. The reason is your not wanting to or willing too. No humility.
    So there is nothing I can say to help you understand it. Jehovah is the reader of hearts and until any of you are in that frame of mind and heart, you will never see this and many other things in the Bible because Jehovah will not let you. Not me, Jehovah is the one who he chooses to let his truths into your hearts. It's all up to you....
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 03:051 edit
    @galveston75 said
    You know as well as I do no matter what I explain, no matter how I try to reason, and no matter the scriptures I show, neither of you three will ever see the Bible's stand on this as well as other points you all continually miss.
    The scripture does NOT say that God "allows [goverments] to exist". It says that they are "placed" there by God. You are posting false information about what the text of your organization's version of the Bible [NWT] actually says.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 03:09
    @galveston75 said
    Jehovah is the one who he chooses to let his truths into your hearts.
    Has "Jehovah" inspired you to use the word "allow" on a message board like this and in so doing contradict scripture? Do you think you are divinely inspired about the meanings of the words "allow", "placed" and "established"?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 11:321 edit
    @fmf said
    Has "Jehovah" inspired you to use the word "allow" on a message board like this and in so doing contradict scripture? Do you think you are divinely inspired about the meanings of the words "allow", "placed" and "established"?
    Jehovah is the one who chooses to let his truths be seen.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 14:20
    @galveston75 said
    This does not explain why you are tripping over yourself and posting untrue things on a message board like this.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 21:07
    @galveston75 said
    If God says one thing in the bible [several times in plain language], and Watchtower posts a contradictory statement on their website then one can conclude that that God did not let the JWs see the truth. God allowed the JWs to go astray, with this doctrine and many others as well.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 00:13
    "God choose Hitler, God choose Judas. What the hell kind of God do you believe in? Your God only does nice things ? God controls all these things. God is also in charge in evil in the world as well. Which God instructed Saul to destroy the Amalekites, men women, children, cattle, sheep .. every living thing."

I've just realized that no one, not one person here, especially the so called Christians that I know are reading what this fool has said about your God, is not even on some small level trying to defend your God. What is the problem? Do you not know who he is? Are you afraid to defend him?
    All that this fool is spouting out about him is very easily defended by the entire Bible and yet I see no one showing some back bone and at least trying.
    What a bunch of scared little people that are turning your backs that gave you your life. You all should be ashamed.....
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 00:49
    @galveston75 said
    "God choose Hitler, God choose Judas. What the hell kind of God do you believe in? Your God only does nice things ? God controls all these things. God is also in charge in evil in the world as well. Which God instructed Saul to destroy the Amalekites, men women, children, cattle, sheep .. every living thing."

I've just realized that no one, not one person here, especi ...[text shortened]... ed little people that are turning your backs that gave you your life. You all should be ashamed.....
    You are embarrassing yourself. If you had one shred of proof, from the bible that anything I said was incorrect then you would have posted it. The truth is all you have is Watchtower nonsense doctrines which are unbiblical.

First you get no brownie points for trying to defend God. God does not need your defense. Neither does God want you to blame anyone else for His actions, which the bible says clearly are HIS. I quoted all the passages that God says He does all these things.

Who destroyed the world in the flood?
    Who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
    Who killed a man for touching the Arc of the Covenant?
    Who recommended that disobedient children be stoned to death?
    Who is going to cast people in hell ?
    GOD. God does all these things.

Here is Jesus on his choice of Judas Iscariot
    Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? (John 6:70 KJV)

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. (John 17:12 KJV)

Q: Who chose Judas?
    A : Jesus Christ. More precisely, God gave Judas to Jesus as a disciple.

Post something of substance now. Post a rebuttal of what I have said using the bible. I bet you cant. Call me fool again. You think I care?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 00:521 edit
    What a bunch of scared little people that are turning your backs that gave you your life. You all should be ashamed.....
    It's all well and good you going into this hissing-viper mode [yet again], but you DID ask: "Could you show the scripture that says God chooses who rules or governs the governments of the world?" and when you were shown the scripture, you became abusive/evasive/sanctimonious ~ in lieu of exhibiting backbone ~ as usual.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 00:54
    @galveston75 said
    What is the problem? Do you not know who he is? Are you afraid to defend him?
    All that this fool is spouting out about him is very easily defended by the entire Bible and yet I see no one showing some back bone and at least trying.
    What is the problem? Well, YOUR problem seems to be Romans 13.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 01:51
    @fmf said
    What is the problem? Well, YOUR problem seems to be Romans 13.
    And your problem is you and Jehovah.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 01:52
    @rajk999 said
    You are embarrassing yourself. If you had one shred of proof, from the bible that anything I said was incorrect then you would have posted it. The truth is all you have is Watchtower nonsense doctrines which are unbiblical.

First you get no brownie points for trying to defend God. God does not need your defense. Neither does God want you to blame anyone else for His action ...[text shortened]... buttal of what I have said using the bible. I bet you cant. Call me fool again. You think I care?
    Sooooo clueless!!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree