Truth .. JW Style

Truth .. JW Style

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

Part #3: Under the Mosaic Law. In the Law covenant made by Jehovah with the nation of Israel, he incorporated the law given to Noah. He made it clear that “bloodguilt” was attached to anyone who ignored the procedure stipulated by God’s law even in the killing of an animal. (Le 17:3, 4) The blood of an animal to be used for food was to be poured out on the ground and covered with dust. (Le 17:13, 14) Anyone who ate blood of any sort of flesh was to be ‘cut off from among his people.’ Deliberate violation of this law regarding the sacredness of blood meant being “cut off” in death.—Le 17:10; 7:26, 27; Nu 15:30, 31.
Commenting on Leviticus 17:11, 12, M’Clintock and Strong’s Cyclopaedia (1882, Vol. I, p. 834) says: “This strict injunction not only applied to the Israelites, but even to the strangers residing among them. The penalty assigned to its transgression was the being ‘cut off from the people,’ by which the punishment of death appears to be intended (comp. Heb. x, 28), although it is difficult to ascertain whether it was inflicted by the sword or by stoning.”
At Deuteronomy 14:21 allowance was made for selling to an alien resident or a foreigner an animal that had died of itself or that had been torn by a beast. Thus a distinction was made between the blood of such animals and that of animals that a person slaughtered for food. (Compare Le 17:14-16.) The Israelites, as well as alien residents who took up true worship and came under the Law covenant, were obligated to live up to the lofty requirements of that Law. People of all nations were bound by the requirement at Genesis 9:3, 4, but those under the Law were held by God to a higher standard in adhering to that requirement than were foreigners and alien residents who had not become worshipers of Jehovah.
Under the Christian arrangement. The governing body of the first-century Christian congregation, under the direction of the holy spirit, ruled on the matter of blood. Their decree states: “For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Ac 15:22, 28, 29) The prohibition included flesh with the blood in it (“things strangled&rdquo😉.
This decree rests, ultimately, on God’s command not to eat blood, as given to Noah and his sons and, therefore, to all mankind. In this regard, the following is found in The Chronology of Antient Kingdoms Amended, by Sir Isaac Newton (Dublin, 1728, p. 184): “This law [of abstaining from blood] was ancienter than the days of Moses, being given to Noah and his sons, long before the days of Abraham: and therefore when the Apostles and Elders in the Council at Jerusalem declared that the Gentiles were not obliged to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses, they excepted this law of abstaining from blood, and things strangled, as being an earlier law of God, imposed not on the sons of Abraham only, but on all nations, while they lived together in Shinar under the dominion of Noah: and of the same kind is the law of abstaining from meats offered to Idols or false Gods, and from fornication.”—Italics his.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

Part #4: Observed since apostolic times. The Jerusalem council sent its decision to the Christian congregations to be observed. (Ac 16:4) About seven years after the Jerusalem council issued the decree, Christians continued to comply with the “decision that they should keep themselves from what is sacrificed to idols as well as from blood and what is strangled and from fornication.” (Ac 21:25) And more than a hundred years later, in 177 C.E., in Lyons (now in France), when religious enemies falsely accused Christians of eating children, a woman named Biblis said: “How would such men eat children, when they are not allowed to eat the blood even of irrational animals?”—The Ecclesiastical History, by Eusebius, V, I, 26.
Early Christians abstained from eating any sort of blood. In this regard Tertullian (c. 155-a. 220 C.E.) pointed out in his work Apology (IX, 13, 14): “Let your error blush before the Christians, for we do not include even animals’ blood in our natural diet. We abstain on that account from things strangled or that die of themselves, that we may not in any way be polluted by blood, even if it is buried in the meat. Finally, when you are testing Christians, you offer them sausages full of blood; you are thoroughly well aware, of course, that among them it is forbidden; but you want to make them transgress.” Minucius Felix, a Roman lawyer who lived until about 250 C.E., made the same point, writing: “For us it is not permissible either to see or to hear of human slaughter; we have such a shrinking from human blood that at our meals we avoid the blood of animals used for food.”—Octavius, XXX, 6.
Integrity Involved. From the time that the new covenant was inaugurated over the blood of Jesus Christ, Christians have recognized the life-giving value of this blood through Jehovah’s arrangement and through Jesus as the great High Priest who “entered, no, not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time into the holy place and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us.” Through faith in the blood of Christ, Christians have had their consciences cleansed from dead works so that they may render sacred service to the living God. They are concerned about their physical health, but they are primarily and far more seriously concerned with their spiritual health and their standing before the Creator. They want to maintain their integrity to the living God, not denying the sacrifice of Jesus, not counting it as of no value, and not trampling it underfoot. For they are seeking, not the life that is transitory, but everlasting life.—Heb 9:12, 14, 15; 10:28, 29.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
Bible truths ? Whats that? Eternal life is through Christ... not the Bible. The Bible is mostly a history of the Jews, via a series of books complied by men. The only thing relevant to eternal life is the words of Christ.

Please point out one deviation I made from what Christ said.

I started a thread which lists restrictions of the JW organisation 99% ...[text shortened]... ve not.

Paul was an atheist before he met Christ, so dont go blindly condemning all atheists.
So you olny take serious the part of the Bible that included Jesus? The rest is useless to you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by galveston75
So you olny take serious the part of the Bible that included Jesus? The rest is useless to you?
What did Christ say to do? Thats where your eternal life lies .. in the words of Christ. Not in the Law of Moses, thats just history. Its not useless and you can read it all you like but you cannot follow that law. That law has been fulfilled and Christ is the new Law.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
19 Sep 10

Blood part #1:
In the Bible, the soul is said to be in the blood because blood is so intimately involved in the life processes. God’s Word says: “For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for you to make atonement for your souls, because it is the blood that makes atonement by the soul in it.” (Le 17:11) For like ...[text shortened]... ted to kill him in order to remove bloodguilt from the land.—Nu 35:26, 27; see AVENGER OF BLOOD.
Right, you're a member of a pseudo-Christian blood-cult. We've already established that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 10

Part #4: Observed since apostolic times. The Jerusalem council sent its decision to the Christian congregations to be observed. (Ac 16:4) About seven years after the Jerusalem council issued the decree, Christians continued to comply with the “decision that they should keep themselves from what is sacrificed to idols as well as from blood and what is str ...[text shortened]... are seeking, not the life that is transitory, but everlasting life.—Heb 9:12, 14, 15; 10:28, 29.
I don't get it. How does any of this apply to blood donation?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
Thats a typical brain-washing tactic. JWs Org. indoctrinate these sycophants by feeding them voluminous irrelevant passages and incorrect interpretations. So thats the only method they know and poor Galveston does not know better.

So he is hoping you wont read it and just say .."Oh Yes .. I see your point ..."

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
19 Sep 10

Well, you see, the soul is literally in the blood. So with blood transfusion there is the risk of partial soul infusion. In severe cases personal identity may even be threatened. Who knows what happens if the transfused blood comes from more than one source? It's a bookkeeping nightmare for God.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10
3 edits

Originally posted by bbarr
Well, you see, the soul is literally in the blood. So with blood transfusion there is the risk of partial soul infusion. In severe cases personal identity may even be threatened. Who knows what happens if the transfused blood comes from more than one source? It's a bookkeeping nightmare for God.
i hope you dont mind me saying so but your statement is an inaccuracy me thinks, for the 'life', is in the blood, 'soul', is an ambiguous term in this instance, for we hold that the so called 'soul', does not transcend death, it simply refers to the entire being, human or animal. Man became a 'soul', in that he was infused with the breath of life, becoming a living, breathing entity (a soul), not that he given a 'soul', as being distinct from his person.

Actually, perhaps unwittingly you have stumbled across some of the dangers of blood infusion, in that it can lead to persons developing allergies that they never had prior to its infusion and of course person contracting HIV, Hepatitis etc from poorly screened sources.

The main reason of course for us is that blood is sacred and belongs to God, he being the originator of life.

excellent book keeping illustration though 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

What did Christ say to do? Thats where your eternal life lies .. in the words of Christ. Not in the Law of Moses, thats just history. Its not useless and you can read it all you like but you cannot follow that law. That law has been fulfilled and Christ is the new Law.
So the Old Testiment is nothing to you but just old stuff huh?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
...the so called 'soul', does not transcend death, it simply refers to the entire being.
Christ seem to think that the soul transcends death. Who should I believe Christ or Charles Russell. Does Russell have his own kindgom somewhere? Could you send me the brochures or flyers of what it looks. Maybe I might be interested in following your JW cult if your kingdom looks good ..... 😀

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

What? Are you serious? 2 Cor 4: 3,4.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10

What? Are you serious? 2 Cor 4: 3,4.
Here is 2 Cor 4: 3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Yes.. says clearly dont give or receive blood.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i hope you dont mind me saying so but your statement is an inaccuracy me thinks, for the 'life', is in the blood, 'soul', is an ambiguous term in this instance, for we hold that the so called 'soul', does not transcend death, it simply refers to the entire being, human or animal. Man became a 'soul', in that he was infused with the breath of life, b God, he being the originator of life.

excellent book keeping illustration though 🙂
I knew a young JW brother that had a transfusion forced on him by the government many decades ago. He was about 12 at the time. Anyway after the transfusion and then after the recovery from surgery he had a very strong desire to have a cigerette and that stayed with him for weeks.
But the thing is he had never smoked in his life but the blood he had forced in him had been from a smoker.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

Here is 2 Cor 4: 3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Yes.. says clearly dont give or receive blood.
Lol...that's funny if that's what you were looking for there.... Must be a little blind as this scriptures says.