Truth .. JW Style

Truth .. JW Style

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Christ seem to think that the soul transcends death. Who should I believe Christ or Charles Russell. Does Russell have his own kindgom somewhere? Could you send me the brochures or flyers of what it looks. Maybe I might be interested in following your JW cult if your kingdom looks good ..... 😀

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was cl s and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
sorry , been there, its done and dusted, its a parable, that is, a made up story to illustrate a point, like ummm, your preaching and teaching about Gods Kingdom. Shall we once again go through the passage and we shall tell the people why your literal interpretation is so farcical as to be mock worthy?

Raj believes that, according to the passage cited, that,

1. if you are in a burning torment of fiery hell, a drop of water, placed on the tip of a finger shall quench your burning thirst (that is if it didn't evaporate)

2.Rak believes that there is a giant Abraham with a giant bosom in heaven, that when you die, you go there and rest upon it.

3,Raj believes, that if you are rich , you will go to hell, in his estimation, a figurative place of torment

4. Raj believes that dogs, coming along while you are lying there in agony will lick your ulcers and make you feel better.

5. Raj believes, that when you are burning in hell, you can look up, no need of a mobile phone, nor a piece of string and two paper cups, you can just shout up to Abraham in heaven.

6. Raj believes that this parable shows that the soul is eternal and transcends death,

i rest my case.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
... why your literal interpretation is so farcical as to be mock worthy?
Fools dare where angels fear to tread.

Angels wont dare make a mockery of the words of Christ.
Only fools like Charles Russell and his doomed band of crazies dare mock Christ.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10
1 edit

Fools dare where angels fear to tread.

Angels wont dare make a mockery of the words of Christ.
Only fools like Charles Russell and his doomed band of crazies dare mock Christ.
ummmm I am not making a mockery of the words of Christ, i am mocking your literal interpretation of it! and i laughed heartily while doing so!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10

ummmm I am not making a mockery of the words of Christ, i am mocking your literal interpretation of it! and i laughed heartily while doing so!
Christ is using false doctrines to make a point?

Now thats even worse than mocking.
You saying that Christ does not know the truth.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10
1 edit

Christ is using false doctrines to make a point?

Now thats even worse than mocking.
You saying that Christ does not know the truth.
no, your interpretation of Christ's words are false and mock worthy. I know why Christ used the parable, it has nothing to do with any pagan ideas like the immortality of the soul, nor of any bogus and mock worthy literal interpretations like yours! muhaha! i am saying you wouldn't know truth if it fell from the sky and slapped you on the head!

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Sep 10

Mockers stir up a city, but wise men turn away anger. Proverbs 29:8

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10

no, your interpretation of Christ's words are false and mock worthy. I know why Christ used the parable, it has nothing to do with any pagan ideas like the immortality of the soul, nor of any bogus and mock worthy literal interpretations like yours! muhaha! i am saying you wouldn't know truth if it fell from the sky and slapped you on the head!
You cant explain anything of value, becuase you know the Charles Russell doctrine is rubbish.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by divegeester
Mockers stir up a city, but wise men turn away anger. Proverbs 29:8
thankyou for that,

(Proverbs 17:10) . . .A rebuke works deeper in one having understanding than striking a stupid one a hundred times. . .

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10

You cant explain anything of value, becuase you know the Charles Russell doctrine is rubbish.
Muhaha, i know why Christ uttered the parable, but you dont.

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Sep 10

thankyou for that,

(Proverbs 17:10) . . .A rebuke works deeper in one having understanding than striking a stupid one a hundred times. . .
One doesn't need much understanding to recognise mockery and conceit.

Thanks for the insult anyway, I must be doing well in the persecution stakes today - hey wait, maybe I'm the next prophet!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by bbarr
Kelly, you're not pointing anything out to me I haven't heard. I know that the devout structure their entire lives around their faith, and that their faith informs how they perceive and interpret the world. So what? Everybody has core beliefs and commitments. Everybody has values that inform how they perceive and interpret the world. Religion is not speci ...[text shortened]... thinks seriously about what is right and wrong. What other credentials could there be?
So for them it is blood transfusions, I pointed out that for me it is human life
and abortion, for you it could be something else, what credentials could there be?
You and I are no different than the next guy, yet the next guy has core beliefs
that are different than ours, so why is it that our views should be forced upon
them? I again do not agree with them, I honestly believe JW is a cult too, but that
still does not mean that I can just blow off things they think are sacred and holy
just because I think they are wrong! I eat meat, others don't, I would not presume
to force someone into doing that because we disagree, I wouldn't even serve meat
in my own home if they were visiting. I think forcing someone to honestly go
against their conscious isn’t something that should be done lightly even it is done
at a high cost, yet it seems that isn't the case more and more in this country
people's conscious are more of a hindrance than something to be worried about.
Kelly

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10
4 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
So for them it is blood transfusions, I pointed out that for me it is human life
and abortion, for you it could be something else, what credentials could there be?
You and I are no different than the next guy, yet the next guy has core beliefs
that are different than ours, so why is it that our views should be forced upon
them? I again do not agree with untry
people's conscious are more of a hindrance than something to be worried about.
Kelly
please define cult and see if it harmonises with the practices of Jehovahs Witnesses. We have never been, nor ever shall be a cult! I deny that remark. Please allow me to start you off, traits or characteristics of a cult,

1. Charismatic leader

2. Isolation from family and friends

3. Secretive meetings

4. Unorthodox teaching

1.It is precisely because of close adherence to Bible teachings that the veneration and idolization of human leaders so characteristic of cults today is not to be found among Jehovah’s Witnesses. We reject the concept of a clergy-laity distinction. The Encyclopedia of Religion aptly states about Jehovah’s Witnesses: “A clergy class and distinctive titles are prohibited.”
We follow Jesus Christ as their Leader and as Head of the Christian congregation.

It was Jesus who said: “Do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your teacher, whereas all you are brothers. Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for your Leader is one, the Christ.”—Matthew 23:8-12.

2. We do not live in communes, we are at work among members of society, we are under obligation to look after family and friends, we do not isolate ourselves.

3.Jehovah’s Witnesses do not hold ritualistic meetings, nor is our worship cloaked in secrecy. Non-Witness author Julia Mitchell Corbett notes: “When they meet, usually more than once a week, in Kingdom Halls (their meeting sites are not called churches), most of their time is spent in Bible study and discussion.” Their meeting places are clearly marked with a sign. The meetings are open, and the general public is invited to attend. Unannounced guests are more than welcome!

4.A Massachusetts newspaper, the Daily Hampshire Gazette, explains that Jehovah’s Witnesses’ “strict interpretation of the Bible forbids many activities others take for granted . . . , all in an effort to follow the example of first-century Christians and the word of the Bible.”

The Encyclopedia of Religion agrees that “all that they believe is based on the Bible. They ‘proof text’ (that is, supply a biblical citation to support) almost every statement of faith, taking for granted the authority of the Bible, which entirely supplants tradition.”

The book Religion in America states: “The group has never wavered from its focus on Bible study, and its teachings are supported by an elaborate system of references to scripture.”

in summary, we have no leader but the Christ, no clergy laity distinction, we do not worship in secret, to the contrary we advertise our public meetings, invite members of the public through a public ministry, to a public hall, with meeting times advertised. We do not isolate ourselves from anyone but are engrossed in humanity, we are under obligation, as stated in scripture to look after family and friends, we take very seriously the study of scripture which at times prohibits certain activities which others take for granted, for we do not wish to damage our relationship with our God. we are not, nor ever have been, a Cult.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
19 Sep 10
1 edit

please define cult and see if it harmonises with the practices of Jehovahs Witnesses. We have never been, nor ever shall be a cult! I deny that remark. Please allow me to start you off, traits or characteristics of a cult,

1. Charismatic leader

2. Isolation from family and friends

3. Secretive meetings

4. Unorthodox teaching

1.It ...[text shortened]... we do not wish to damage our relationship with our God. we are not, nor ever have been, a Cult.
1. the original faithful and discreet slave Charles Taze Russel

2. JW's shun family members who do not adhere to doctrinal teachings, and discourage "mixing" with non-JW's

3. nope, no objection there

4. Unorthodox teaching, perhaps you may want to look up the definition, JW's are extremely unorthodox

that's 3 out of 4

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by duecer
1. the original faithful and discreet slave Charles Taze Russel

2. JW's shun family memebers who do not adhere to doctrinal teachings, and discourage "mixing" with non-JW's

3. nope, no objection there

4. Unorthodox teaching, perhaps you may want to llok up the definition, JW's are extremely unorthodox

that's 3 out of 4
1.the faithful and discreet slave is not Charles Russel

2.We do not shun mixing with family members who are not witnesses, i am the only member of my family who is a witness, my sister drops here children here all the time, we pick them up from the local Catholic school, Holy family, my mum, father other brothers and sisters visit all the time. i deny your remark! we are encouraged as the Bible states at 1 corinthians 15:33, to be careful about whom we associate.

3.no objection, good your learning

4.unorthodox, extremely unorthodox, really really really really unorthodox, where does it end. it proves nothing.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
19 Sep 10

1.the faithful and discreet slave is not Charles Russel

2.We do not shun mixing with family members who are not witnesses, i am the only member of my family who is a witness, my sister drops here children here all the time, we pick them up from the local Catholic school, Holy family, my mum, father other brothers and sisters visit all the time. i ...[text shortened]... emely unorthodox, really really really really unorthodox, where does it end. it proves nothing.
worst case 2 out of 4