Truth .. JW Style

Truth .. JW Style

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
I do not believe it is selfish. A number of people in this world are not gifted for preaching. They may not have sufficient reasoning or rhetorical ability. They may not have the proper disposition for such a task. Such people quite justifiably remove themselves from that preaching work recognising that they would not be effective. This is precisely what St ...[text shortened]... al work. It is much better than expecting each person to engage in work they are not suited for.
Of course not all are teachers. Not all are preachers. It scares me to death to be on a stage talking to many. But we all have to do what we can depending on our strengths. But we are still under command to do a teaching work that we all come to love.
And the Witnesses are proof it can be done no matter how hard it is or how time consuming it is or how expensive it is.
Jesus said the "Good News Of The Kingdom would be preached throught the entire inhabited earth."
We do that and we are more then welcome to have all the help we can get.
You have a great basic knowledge of the Bible Conrau, that is evident. Us the "truth" of that knowledge to teach ones to learn of God and what he's going to do for us in the near future............

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
your point please? or is it your pointy hat that's obscuring it?
Just that God is also concerned with our daily sustenance. So you can peddle that Awake magazine which is fine but is of no value if that person is starving.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Still missing the big picture huh?
Please tell me what this big picture is? By the way did I do ok on your quiz?

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by menace71
Please tell me what this big picture is? By the way did I do ok on your quiz?

Manny
The bigger picture of the preaching work.
I did see your answers and you did quite well. I'll be posting the answers tomorrow.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Oct 10

Just that God is also concerned with our daily sustenance. So you can peddle that Awake magazine which is fine but is of no value if that person is starving.

Manny
Of course not if they are really starving and on deaths bed. But we rarely find ones like that when we are going door to door in this country. But in that rare circumstance that we would find someone like that of course we would do what we can or contact the proper authorities to help. Come on manny, do you really think we would just walk away?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Oct 10
1 edit

“You have become dull [sluggish] in your hearing. For, indeed, although you ought to be teachers in view of the time, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God; and you have become such as need milk, not solid food.” (Heb 5:11, 12) He also admonishes: “Do not loiter [be slothful] at your business. Be aglow with the spirit.”—Ro 12:11.

Do not be the person these scriptures warn against.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 10

Manny
and who has said that he is not? i reject you assertion of peddling for as Paul stated,

(2 Corinthians 2:17) for we are not peddlers of the word of God as many men are, but as out of sincerity, yes, as sent from God, under God’s view, in company with Christ, we are speaking.

we sincerely desire to help people and have improved the lives of millions, abandoned and cast aside by the churches of Christendom, sheep without a shepherd all skinned and thrown about!

rc

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b]sorry this is completely unsatisfactory, they were assigned to distribute food as the need arose why this should mean that they did not engage in preaching i have no idea, for clearly as in the case of Philp and Steven, they clearly did, you have NO evidence that others also did not.

Again, you fail to understand what is happening. I am not arguin ...[text shortened]... tians preached, that does not amount to a positive commandment that all Christians must preach.[/b]
this amounts to naught but an admonition of guilt, you have no evidence! while the weight of history and scripture weighs heavily on the scales of justice and leans towards Gods Christian Witnesses!

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you know these people do you? and actually you don't know anything for your prejudice keeps you from learning. two had degrees prior, my friends wife, the psychiatric consultant did not. She subsequently has taken a part time post so that she can devote her time to helping others apply Bible truths, you may bet your farm she has helped more persons ...[text shortened]... about, education to support a ministry, as Paul did and the early Christians, anyone for soup?
hhhmmmm 2 out of three? and the other one only got the degree in order to prosylitize? My point stands, and the watchtower is on record as saying they want parents to discourage their children from higher education so they have more time and money to devote to knocking on doors...pathetic

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by duecer
hhhmmmm 2 out of three? and the other one only got the degree in order to prosylitize? My point stands, and the watchtower is on record as saying they want parents to discourage their children from higher education so they have more time and money to devote to knocking on doors...pathetic
Well if doing God's work of trying to show ones God's way to life is pathetic in your eyes then I'd say you have some major problems spiritually and with your priorities. Very sad......

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
04 Oct 10

Well if doing God's work of trying to show ones God's way to life is pathetic in your eyes then I'd say you have some major problems spiritually and with your priorities. Very sad......
avoiding doing the compassionate work of Christ for the sake of numbers is the real spiritual sickness

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Oct 10

avoiding doing the compassionate work of Christ for the sake of numbers is the real spiritual sickness
Are you just thick or something? Have you not been reading any of the postings? I'm done with you as you are here to just argue which any 10 year old could do just as well.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
04 Oct 10

Are you just thick or something? Have you not been reading any of the postings? I'm done with you as you are here to just argue which any 10 year old could do just as well.
you still have yet to name ONE JW sponsored charity....not ONE! OUTRAGEOUS!!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Oct 10

Lol....

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Oct 10

That's an interesting fact I never thought of. I've never heard of a JW medical center or JW program of any sort of charity. Interesting.

Manny