Truth has a sound

Truth has a sound

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Aug 09

Like a ring in a bell. When you hear it, you know whether it sounds right or not.

But that is too simple an analogy when one is talking about Truth as it concerns this life and the world we live in.

But it's really not too simple at all.

I think that Jesus has a sound so right, that anyone who hears it knows it's True. Deep down inside.

But the clammer of this world has filled the ears of most folks so that they can't hear His call. The constant, steady diet of all the noise has deafened the ears.

What's worse is some deliberately drown out the sound of Truth because it would interfere with their own noise.

s

England

Moves
01 Aug 09

jesus put it better with sowing of seeds.
but at least its a thought away from doctine giving your personal way.
tho god put truth within your soul so when it hears the word of god it leaps with joy, and return to its maker like rain on the ground bringing forth fruit.

d

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by stoker
jesus put it better with sowing of seeds.
but at least its a thought away from doctine giving your personal way.
tho god put truth within your soul so when it hears the word of god it leaps with joy, and return to its maker like rain on the ground bringing forth fruit.
JESUS, GOD!

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by josephw
Like a ring in a bell. When you hear it, you know whether it sounds right or not.

But that is too simple an analogy when one is talking about Truth as it concerns this life and the world we live in.

I think that Jesus has a sound so right, that anyone who hears it knows it's True. Deep down inside.

But the c ...[text shortened]... e deliberately drown out the sound of Truth because it would interfere with their own noise.
Did you hear the sound of someone puking in a bucket? Because that's the sound I heard immediately after reading your post. 😕

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by rwingett
Did you hear the sound of someone puking in a bucket? Because that's the sound I heard immediately after reading your post. 😕
Ah! the sound of truth!🙂

g

Pepperland

Moves
01 Aug 09

But the c ...[text shortened]... e deliberately drown out the sound of Truth because it would interfere with their own noise.
of course truth has a sound, its called rock'n'roll.

Moves
01 Aug 09

Can you appreciate the fact that there are actually other living and breathing humans in this world? Or have you decided that you and your feelings are the only ones that matter and the rest of us are just phantasms that occasionally flit across your field of view and interrupt the never ending flow of your bliss? The music of the universe is a symphony, not a single bell, and you are only capable of hearing the one instrument that you hold in your hands.

d

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
of course truth has a sound, its called rock'n'roll.
The Church bell.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
01 Aug 09

Your balogna has a first name, it's J-E-S-U-S...

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 Aug 09
6 edits

Using your ears only, tell me if this equation is true:
14,256 * 3 = 45,768

Why do you suppose long division instead of the "listening method" is taught in elementary school as the way to compute quotients? Do you suppose it's because children do not have a sufficiently developed capacity for analytical hearing?

Do deaf people have any capacity whatsoever for obtaining knowledge? Are statements made in sign language necessarily false, since they do not emit any sound?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Aug 09

You folks really don't get it! Do you?

You wouldn't hear the truth if it screamed in your ear.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Aug 09

'Who are you to wave your finger , you must've been out of your head'-Tool.
Just came on when I was about to reply to your post. C'mon now we heard you. Like TJ said 'Truth' is not limitied to your interpretations.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Aug 09

That has a distinctly false tone to it. In general any claim about 'everyone' and 'deep down' just smells false (two senses are better than one). The 'deep down' clause is to stop the obvious proof by exception that you know will follow. Even if someone can prove what they are thinking, they can never counter a claim about what they think so 'deep down' that they don't even know that they are thinking it.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Aug 09

You folks really don't get it! Do you?

You wouldn't hear the truth if it screamed in your ear.
So you are saying that although the truth has a sound it is not in the normal human hearing range? Do you think we can detect it with a microphone and some sophisticated equipment?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Aug 09

Originally posted by bbarr
Your balogna has a first name, it's J-E-S-U-S...
Ah, the Learned One doles out an insult (against someone he knows nothing about), and can't even trouble hisself to spell it right.

How precious.