try praying

try praying

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
28 Jun 07

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Dear Santa Claus, i know i haven't been in contact for a while now, but i have some issues i'd like to get off my chest. You see, the World has gone insane, they keep insisting that you don't exist and that some guy called God created everything. Now I know it was really you and your elves really, but they just won't listen! Can you send me a sign? (Oh, ...[text shortened]... e with stabilisers, i'm not really confident traveling on two wheels, i need support)... 🙄
Having fun there?

j

Moves
08 Jul 07

A good method of prayer is detailed confession starting from the top of your body to the feet:

1.) Confess the sins committed by your eyes. And ask that you be cleansed by God in the blood of Jesus. That is what you have looked at and gazed upon which was sinful, unclean, and offensive to God.

2.) Then confess the known sins committed by your mouth. What you have spoken which was a lie, or unkind, or evil, or foolish which was a trangression against God. Any bearing of false witness which you have spoken you should confess.

The filthiness of all these offenses also need cleansing in the blood of Christ redemption. One by one ask that God would forgive you for the sake of the name Jesus Christ.

3.) You may go on to confess the sins commited by your hands. Whatever you have handled which you recall may have been an offense against the holiness of God. Confess the sins of your hands.

4.) You may then proceed to the sins committed by your feet. Where you have walked which was a sinful path or sinful place. All the sins carried out by your feet.

This is just a suggestion. After spending some time to confess your sins in detail and asking for the cleansing under the blood of Jesus, you will feel lighter and more wholesome, and at peace with God and with yourself. Even a joy can flood your heart.

To confess here is simply to agree with God. You simply agree that these things you did were sins. You confess also that you are powerless to stop these sins in many instances. You confess that left up to yourself you cannot but sin again and again.

God will supply you with grace to empower you to walk righteously by the Holy Spirit. Confessing in DETAIL is very effective.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
08 Jul 07

Originally posted by ahosyney
What do you mean by sled, I searched the dictionary , I found it doesn't make sense in this sentense.
I found it in like 2 seconds. Use the "definition" link for dictionary.com on google.

Of course, I was helped by already knowing what it meant, although I didn't need the info.

A sled is another word for a sledge.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
08 Jul 07

Originally posted by LivingForJesus
honestly if you don't except God into your heart he will not hear your prayers
But I DO "except" him from my heart. He isn't there anywhere!

j

Moves
08 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
But I DO "except" him from my heart. He isn't there anywhere!
Very clever Sottishinnz. Did you see that everyone ... "except" not "accept" ?

Thankyou.

Remember everyone, athiests are always very clever people.

Don't forget.

j

Moves
09 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
A good method of prayer is detailed confession starting from the top of your body to the feet:

1.) Confess the sins committed by your eyes. And ask that you be cleansed by God in the blood of Jesus. That is what you have looked at and gazed upon which was sinful, unclean, and offensive to God.

2.) Then confess the known sins committed by your mouth. ...[text shortened]... e to empower you to walk righteously by the Holy Spirit. Confessing in DETAIL is very effective.
What is the main BARRIER between a woman or a man and God?

What is the main OBSTACLE which keeps us away from the experience of God?

The INSULATION, the wall and the barrier is our sins. It is our sins which are the obstacle.

The record of real guilt from real sins which are real transgressions and real offenses against God and man ... THESE are the obstacles to touching the reality of God.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. IF we say that we have not sinned we make Him a liar , and His word is not in us" (1 John 1:9,10)

We must confess our sins. And to do so in detail is better than to do so generally.

The blood of Jesus Christ God's Son cleanses us from all sins. That is private sins and public sins. It cleanses us from visible sins and invisible sins. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from new sins and old sins. It cleanses us from forgivable sins and unforgivable sins. It cleanses us from all sins.

So we should confess our sins and believe that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sins.

j

Moves
09 Jul 07
2 edits

Here is an example of how a sinner may confess his sins in prayer and be saved:

"Lord Jesus, I confess I am a sinner. I confess that I even love to sin.

Lord Jesus I confess I am so proud. Forgive me for being so very proud Lord Jesus. I believe that your precious blood cleanses me from the sin of my great pride.

Lord Jesus, I confess that I am full of lust. Lord forgive me for my greedy lust. Cleanse me in your precious blood from my unclean greedy unbridled lust..

Lord Jesus, I confess my self pity and my sin of feeling sorry for myself. Lord cleanse me of the sin of feeling sorry for myself.

Lord Jesus, I confess that I love many things more than I love God. Lord cleanse me of my idols. Everything I love more than You Lord Jesus is just my idol. Cleanse me in You precious blood of the sin of loving things so much that they replace You in my life.

Lord Jesus confess the sin of anxiety. Lord I just don't think You will take care of me. Forgive me this sin of unbelief.

Lord Jesus, I confess I am judgmental of others. Cleanse me of the sin of being so judgmental of others and finding fault with others.

Lord Jesus, I confess my prayerlessness. Forgive me of the sin of not praying and not wanting to pray.

Etc, etc, etc,

We confess our sins one by one as much as we have enlightenment in our conscience to do so. Reading the Bible will make us more and more aware of where our trangressions, weaknesses, failures, offenses and sins are.

Christ died for ALL of our sins. He can obliterate the record of sins before God. Then God looks upon you as if you had never sinned.

It is more than marvelous!

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
09 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
Here is an example of how a sinner may confess his sins in prayer and be saved:

[b]"Lord Jesus, I confess I am a sinner. I confess that I even love to sin.

Lord Jesus I confess I am so proud. Forgive me for being so very proud Lord Jesus. I believe that your precious blood cleanses me from the sin of my great pride.

Lord Jesus, I confess that I ...[text shortened]... ore God. Then God looks upon you as if you had never sinned.

It is more than marvelous!
[/b]
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

-William Butler Yeats, "The Second Coming"

j

Moves
09 Jul 07

"I want nothing for myself. I want everything for the Lord."

Watchman Nee

w

Moves
09 Jul 07

Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

-William Butler Yeats, "The Second Coming"
"Wheresoever your love resides, there also resides passionate intensity"

-Whodey

j

Moves
09 Jul 07
1 edit

Prayer can be done while walking or working. Prayer can be done while lying in bed or while sitting in a chair.

One can pray while swimming or kneeling. Prayer does not require a particular posture.

What does prayer require? Prayer requires the excercise of your spirit. Your spirit is the innermost part of your being. If you are not born again in Christ's salvation you do not know about your human spirit because it is deadened and comatose.

But even an unbeliever is aware that SOMETHING is missing. When the unbeliever senses a feeling that there must be something more to life that is often the sensation of the absence of the normal function of their human spirit.

Don't analyze too much. If your spirit is a vacuum or deadened you reach out just the same to God in the name of Jesus Christ. Confessing that you are a sinner in need of Christ and Christ's salvation you can touch God.

I said that you can touch God. I mean deep within your spirit - in the kernel of your being deep in your heart you can contact the living God.

The obstacle between people and the living God is the sins which are all an abomination to God. But God in Christ has made provision for our sins. He has dealt with our sins. They have been judged by God on the cross of Jesus. We only need to accept this, be thankful for it and receive it.

From our perspective it seems as free forgiveness. From God's perspective there is no such thing as free forgiveness. Your sins and my sins have been judged judicially on the cross of Jesus. We are to say Amen to this procedure and receive Christ.

This procedure has been established not by a man or by men. It has been established by the authority of God.

We all need to pray for forgiveness according to God's standard of righteousness. And we need to be justified according to God's standard of righteousness.

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
09 Jul 07

Originally posted by whodey
"Wheresoever your love resides, there also resides passionate intensity"

-Whodey
You really use words like "wheresoever" when speaking?

You're not one of those SCA geeks, are you?

w

Moves
09 Jul 07

You're not one of those SCA geeks, are you?[/b]
That depends, what does SCA stand for? 😛

Hmmm . . .

Moves
09 Jul 07

You really use words like "wheresoever" when speaking?

You're not one of those SCA geeks, are you?
It does lend lovely alliteration to the lyric.