1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 04:30
    Two Options

1)
    Anxiety, 'Birth, Copulation and Death' [to paraphrase the British Poet T.S. Eliot] or 2) Eternal Life through faith alone in Christ alone.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3: 16-18)

God respects your volition. Choice is yours.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 04:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    1)Anxiety, 'Birth, Copulation and Death' [to paraphrase the British Poet T.S. Eliot] or [b]2) Eternal Life through faith alone in Christ alone. [...] Choice is yours.
    Do you think that people can just decide to believe something that they simply do not believe?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 05:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think that people can just decide to believe something that they simply do not believe?
    He's trolling again.

As soon as I saw the OP I was going to comment but decided instead to guess what your response would be, I was spot on.

He's trolling.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 05:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He's trolling again.

As soon as I saw the OP I was going to comment but decided instead to guess what your response would be, I was spot on.

He's trolling.
    Well, I'd say ~ in terms of him propagating his religious ideology ~ he's struggling. There is a reason why he has never answered my straight forward question.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 05:322 edits
    Two Options

1) Anxiety, 'Birth, Copulation and Death' [to paraphrase the British Poet T.S. Eliot] or 2) Eternal Life through faith alone in Christ alone.

Can there be a Third Option?

3) Pretend one believes there is eternal life "through faith alone in Christ alone" when in fact - in all intellectual, spiritual and emotional honesty - one does not believe it is true.

Or does this third option count as part of '1) Anxiety, Birth, Copulation and Death'?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 09:10
    [b]Two Options

1)
    Anxiety, 'Birth, Copulation and Death' [to paraphrase the British Poet T.S. Eliot] or 2) Eternal Life through faith alone in Christ alone. [/b]
    Option 2 is not really available.
    I choose option 3) Enjoy Birth and copulation and try to keep death away for as long as possible.
    I am willing to bet that you too are going for the latter despite your stated belief in an afterlife. Sadly you seem to be suffering from severe anxiety.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Option 2 is not really available.
    I choose option 3) Enjoy Birth and copulation and try to keep death away for as long as possible.
    I am willing to bet that you too are going for the latter despite your stated belief in an afterlife. Sadly you seem to be suffering from severe anxiety.
    "Choice is yours."
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:24
    "Choice is yours."
    How is it a "choice" if one of the supposed options is not perceived as being credible or, in fact, not perceived as existing at all?

Can you give us an example from your own life where you have decided/chosen to believe something that you did not believe was true or credible?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your evasiveness (although cute) is not efficacious.

The belief spoken of here is not a belief in the existence of; it is an acceptance of the offer of--- two very different concepts.

You are free to reject the gift on the basis of your rejection of the existence of the gift giver, however, do not attempt to frame the question in a manner inconsistent with the concept presented.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:34
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Your evasiveness (although cute) is not efficacious.

The belief spoken of here is not a belief in the existence of; it is an acceptance of the offer of--- two very different concepts.

You are free to reject the gift on the basis of your rejection of the existence of the gift giver, however, do not attempt to frame the question in a manner inconsistent with the concept presented.
    One cannot somehow accept an offer of something that one does not believe exists. It is Grampy Bobby who is being evasive on this, not me.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    How is it a "choice" if one of the supposed options is not perceived as being credible or, in fact, not perceived as existing at all?

Can you give us an example from your own life where you have decided/chosen to believe something that you did not believe was true or credible?
    Originally posted by FMF
    "How is it a "choice" if one of the supposed options is not perceived as being credible or, in fact, not perceived as existing at all?"

Did you make a "choice" to reply to this thread's original post? Were there other "options" available to you? Did you, in fact, reply because you were motivated by your own personal reasons to do so? All decisions in this life regarding our two eternal destiny options have favorable or unfavorable consequences. I may return to these site public forums sometime in November, 2015, if able to do so. Stay safe. Be well. Regards, Bob
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:54
    Did you make a "choice" to reply to this thread's original post? Were there other "options" available to you?
    Yes. In replying to the thread's original post, I had two options: to reply or not to reply. This was possible because the original post exists in both my mind and in your mind, a point now proved by us both knowing what the content original post was, and by us exchanging messages about it. If the original post had existed only in your mind, then I could not have replied to it, and the "choice" to do so would not have existed either. You need a better analogy than this.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:571 edit
    All decisions in this life regarding our two eternal destiny options have favorable or unfavorable consequences.
    You are still dodging the question: do you actually think that a person can simply make a "decision" to believe something that they do not believe is credible or real? If so give us an example of where you managed to do this.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 02:46
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    This is muddled thinking. If someone rejects the existence of the gift giver, they are committed to rejecting the existence of the gift as well.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 03:09
    [b]Two Options

1)
    Anxiety, 'Birth, Copulation and Death' [to paraphrase the British Poet T.S. Eliot] or 2) Eternal Life through faith alone in Christ alone.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the S ...[text shortened]... ly begotten Son of God." (John 3: 16-18)

God respects your volition. [i]Choice is yours.
    [/b]
    second choice is clouded by the dark side methinks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree