two sides

two sides

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 17

You've heard the christians. Believe as we do or suffer! But this hated devil, what did it do wrong now? Did it flood the planet?

I understand that christians boil their angst down and then pin it on an angel that rebelled. Why did it rebel? What does it do now? Do not submit to god and that is a bad thing. So free slaves go where now?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by apathist
You've heard the christians. Believe as we do or suffer! But this hated devil, what did it do wrong now? Did it flood the planet?

I understand that christians boil their angst down and then pin it on an angel that rebelled. Why did it rebel? What does it do now? Do not submit to god and that is a bad thing. So free slaves go where now?
Join the REBILLION

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
4 edits

You've heard the christians. Believe as we do or suffer!

When people were going down to death in the sinking Titanic, were the ones warning others of the danger saying -

"Believe as we do or drown in icy cold water."

I mean as if what was at stake was the warning ones' personal vindication ?
Was this warning a threat for them to have the same opinion for its own sake ?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonship

When people were going down to death in the sinking Titanic, were the ones warning others of the danger saying -

"Believe as we do or drown in icy cold water."

I mean as if what was at stake was the warning ones' personal vindication ?
Was this warning a threat for them to have the same opinion for its own sake ?
It is exactly like our god beliefs have nothing to do with it. You have noticed this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

It is exactly like our god beliefs have nothing to do with it. You have noticed this.
I don't understand your sentence as written.

Your caricature -

- miss characterizes the heart's motive of most announcers of the Gospel.

It reveals a paranoid and twisted outlook on a conveyance of important news.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

This is "I don't LIKE the message. And I can better rationalize IGNORING the message if I impugn petty and selfish motives to the ones telling me."

F

Moves
05 Jul 17

"Believe as we do or drown in icy cold water."[/b]
The people from the Titanic who drowned in icy cold water did so because of an actual lack of lifeboats not because they didn't believe in the existence of the lifeboats.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 17

This is "I don't LIKE the message. And I can better rationalize IGNORING the message if I impugn petty and selfish motives to the ones telling me."
No. It is normal to like jesus. That is not the problem.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17

No. It is normal to like jesus. That is not the problem.
You WON that point !!
I agree.

Yet sometimes Jesus does definitely "step on my toes".
You learn, I think, not only to like Jesus but to realize that its is good for you to be adjusted and corrected by Jesus.

Do you think you can actually move from liking to loving Jesus ?

Do you think you can go from loving Jesus to wanting Jesus to be Lord and Savior ?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonshipYou WON that point !!
I agree.

Yet sometimes Jesus does definitely "step on my toes".
You learn, I think, not only to like Jesus but to realize that its is good for you to be adjusted and corrected by Jesus.
Do you think you can actually move from liking to loving Jesus ?
Do you think you can go from loving Jesus to wanting Jesus to be Lord and Savior ?
The people who died before jesus was born. The mentally infirm. Those who suffered indoctrination other than your preferred method. Babies what died before they could think. How could you not realize there is a problem here.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
05 Jul 17

The people who died before jesus was born. The mentally infirm. Those who suffered indoctrination other than your preferred method. Babies what died before they could think. How could you not realize there is a problem here.
Worry about the present the past is the past

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
06 Jul 17

Originally posted by RBHILL
Worry about the present the past is the past
fair is fair and rotten is rotten

when your scheme doesn't make sense then that is what it makes

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
06 Jul 17

But this hated devil, what did it do wrong now? Did it flood the planet?
Let's talk about satan. What is his side of the story. I know he left heaven and parked somewhere else, and the god is so angry at him for this. Listen to the god and satan is the worst thing ever, frankly god sounds like a jilted lover. A whiney loser.

So there is a pr campaign against satan, from the god. But where is the other side of the story.

E

Moves
06 Jul 17

You mean you want to play on the freeway so you hate people who warn you not to do it.

Nice.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jul 17

Let's talk about satan. What is his side of the story. I know he left heaven and parked somewhere else, and the god is so angry at him for this. Listen to the god and satan is the worst thing ever, frankly god sounds like a jilted lover. A whiney loser.

So there is a pr campaign against satan, from the god. But where is the other side of the story.
Satan didn't leave heaven willingly, he got his a$$ kick and sent flying out of heaven.