1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 02:421 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    If you did, you wouldn't be a follower.
    So you cannot identify any heretical teaching from those quotations.
    It is as I suspected - concealing your incompetence behind some additional blustering remark.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 03:05
    Originally posted by @sonship
    So you cannot identify any heretical teaching from those quotations.
    It is as I suspected - concealing your incompetence behind some additional blustering remark.
    You mean that the tree of life isn't simply the tree of life?

You ramble on about nonsense and deny what the Bible says. This is what I mean about heretical.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 03:441 edit

You ramble on about nonsense and deny what the Bible says. This is what I mean about heretical.
    And the back peddling begins.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 11:044 edits

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you think it is heretical for a Christian to think that in context of the whole Bible "the tree of life" represents something more than just an endless human life. And you think for me to say "the tree of life" meant the life of God.

1.) Do you think that when the New Testament says "Christ our life" it merely means that Christ will lead us to a tree that will cause us to live forever ?

" When Christ our life is manifested, then you also will be manifested with Him in glory." (Col. 3:27)

2.) Do you think that "He who has the Son, has the life" means to have the Son is to be in possession of a tree?

" And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life." (1 John 5;12)

3.) If you do not think that "alienated from the life of God" began to happen when man was excluded from eating of that "tree of life" in Genesis 3 then please identify in what part of the Bible in the history of man did this alienation from the life of God commence.

"Being darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God ... " (Eph. 4:18)

4.) Who then was the FIRST human being, if not Adam, to be "alienated from the life of God" if this has nothing to do with the tree of life in Genesis 3 ?

You have four questions in this post that I expect you to address in your next post to me.
    If you can't handle all four, just choose one.

We are talking about identifying a heresy, you're going to show that I believe.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Oct '17 12:18
    Just by reading Genesis alone it would be probably impossible for us to get the full meaning of the two trees. The revelation of the Bible is progressive. And gradually the eternal purpose of God is unveiled in the New Testament books.

In spite of the fact that Genesis was written long before the New Testament, Paul says certain things were hidden from the generations of the past. They have now been revealed to the new covenant prophets and saints.

" That by revelation the mystery was made known to me, as I have written previously in brief. By which in reading it, you can perceive my understanding in the mystery of Christ.

Which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in spirit, ... " (Eph. 3:3-5)

That includes that God intended for man to have the life of God dispensed into him.
    In being cast out of the garden man became "alienated from the life of God" (Eph. 4:18)

In the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, Jesus Christ transfigured Himself into a divine "life giving Spirit" to bring redeemed man, forgiven man back to the life of God.

"...the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

The alienation from the life of God is terminated.
    And the "born again" man is stationed in a position to receive more and more of the Person of God AS life into every part of their being.

I am going to repeat the same thing in the next post.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Oct '17 12:27
    Just by reading Genesis we could not ascertain the eternal purpose of God adaquately.
    We could see something. And the Isrealites who had this book of Genesis could see something which was adaquate perhaps for their stage of God's operation.

Once again, the progressive revelation further unfolds in the hands of the New Testament apostles.

"Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel, that is, the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which has been kept in silence in the times of the ages.

But has not been manifested, and through the prophetic writings, according to the command of the eternal God, has been made known to all the Gentiles for the obedience of faith." (Romans 16:25,26)

The account of Adam was not about the Jews only. It was about all human beings of whom Adam and Eve were the first. And now to all the nations, to all the Gentiles, the revelation of God wanting to dispense His life into man is revealed.

Jesus Christ is forever the reality of "the tree of life" to the world today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree