1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 03:26
    @kellyjay said
    I liked the word and what it meant when I read it, and thought some would have
    fun with it.
    But we are, aren't we?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 03:30
    @kellyjay said
    Why sure we all are, some more often than others. 😉
    Compared to all the other regular posters, are you one of the ones who is an ultracrepidarian "more often than others", to your own way of thinking?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 03:32
    @kellyjay said
    I didn't grumble about or at any members here, I still haven't.
    So a person being an ultracrepidarian is a positive attribute?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 04:27
    @fmf said
    No. But I will not be silenced or browbeaten by debating tactics that questions like 'Are you a predator?' typify, as you know. Back to the thread topic: You claimed this forum is filled with people who are ultracrepidarians (and I am assuming you know what the word means). If this forum is "filled" with people like this, then who are they? Are you one? Is KellyJay one? Is Ghost of a Duke one? Am I one? Is sonship one? Is whodey one? Is divegeester one?
    "Silenced"?

"Browbeaten"?

Are you a "predator"?

Are you "winning" yet?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 05:12
    @suzianne said
    "Silenced"?

"Browbeaten"?

Are you a "predator"?

Are you "winning" yet?
    You see, Suzianne. There's always something odd about what you say when you're ranting at people like me. So often your complaints sound like they are more applicable to you than they are to the person you are targetting.

Take these words about what you see as being a "predator" from your rant on page 1; these words are clearly not applicable to me, and yet they do seem oddly applicable to you:

Others (especially on the internet) are so closed off that they fear giving their own opinion because they don't want to be attacked or exposed as small-minded, and so they lie in wait, until someone else gives their opinion so they can attack it freely, thinking themselves a "predator" instead of "prey".

Obviously, they are not about me: I am not closed off, I don't exhibit fear, I give my opinion all the time, I don't give two hoots about being attacked, I don't wait until some else gives their opinion, and then, when I have and they have, I engage them [and certainly don't attack perople in the regardless-of-thread-topic way you do, for instance].

So your definition of "predator" doesn't apply to me, and yet you mentioned "predator" in this way and then implied that I am one ~ three or four times, in fact. You can answer every single one of my posts with "Are you a predator?" for all I care. It's not going to have any effect on me.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 05:161 edit
    @suzianne said
    Are you a "predator"?
    [Topic: ultracrepidarians]

If this forum is "filled" with ultracrepidarians, as you claim, then who are they?

Is KellyJay one? Is Ghost of a Duke one?

Is sonship one? Is whodey one? Is divegeester one?

Are you one? Am I one?

You said it's "filled" with them.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 07:58
    Tumbleweed
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 08:01
    @suzianne said
    "Silenced"?

"Browbeaten"?

Are you a "predator"?

Are you "winning" yet?
    What are you on about?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 08:04
    @kellyjay said
    Why sure we all are, some more often than others. 😉
    What does your winking emoji infer. Did you start this thread to have a snide pop at someone here but lack the courage to speak to them directly, and then regret starting it and so back away, and then feel you better come back because you look a little weedy. Is that as good as it gets with you?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 08:06
    @kellyjay said
    Not going to be pointing fingers, I said my piece.
    What “piece”? What is it you think you have “said”?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 08:07
    @kellyjay said
    I didn't grumble about or at any members here, I still haven't.
    So what is this thread by you all about then?

What “piece” is it you think you have “said”?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 09:59
    I'm beginning to think some are just so, captious! 🙂
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 13:111 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I'm beginning to think some are just so, captious! 🙂
    Well here's a thing KellyJay; I may be all of these snide gutless insults that you are firing out. But I'm not ignoring you and childishly posting around your posts, and despite all of your or anyone's faults, I would never condone you or anyone else being burnt alive for eternity.
    But you do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree