1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 09:55
    @divegeester said
    This forum is filled with these people? Really?
    Why are you asking that?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 12:03
    @wolfgang59 said
    Why are you asking that?
    For someone you find tedious, you seem to be intensely interested in me this morning Wolfgang59 😉
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 16:06
    @fmf said
    It's a debate and discussion forum Suzianne. We disagree about things. This is caused by our different beliefs and not by some awful mental or personal affliction on my part. Start a thread about what "predators" are and who you think is one. You claimed this forum is filled with people who are ultracrepidarians. Who are they?
    Are you a "predator"?

Are you "winning" yet?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 23:11
    @suzianne said
    Are you a "predator"?
    No. But I will not be silenced or browbeaten by debating tactics that questions like 'Are you a predator?' typify, as you know. Back to the thread topic: You claimed this forum is filled with people who are ultracrepidarians (and I am assuming you know what the word means). If this forum is "filled" with people like this, then who are they? Are you one? Is KellyJay one? Is Ghost of a Duke one? Am I one? Is sonship one? Is whodey one? Is divegeester one?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 23:46
    @fmf said
    You claimed this forum is filled with people who are ultracrepidarians (and I am assuming you know what the word means). If this forum is "filled" with people like this, then who are they? Are you one? Is KellyJay one? Is Ghost of a Duke one? Am I one? Is sonship one? Is whodey one? Is divegeester one?
    Wolfgang59 could be along later to ask you why you are asking this.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 00:09
    @fmf said
    No. But I will not be silenced or browbeaten by debating tactics that questions like 'Are you a predator?' typify, as you know. Back to the thread topic: You claimed this forum is filled with people who are ultracrepidarians (and I am assuming you know what the word means). If this forum is "filled" with people like this, then who are they? Are you one? Is KellyJay one? Is Ghost of a Duke one? Am I one? Is sonship one? Is whodey one? Is divegeester one?
    Why sure we all are, some more often than others. 😉
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 00:18
    @kellyjay said
    Why sure we all are, some more often than others. 😉
    Who? Are you one of the ones who is an ultracrepidarian "more often than others", for example?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 00:56
    @divegeester said
    For someone you find tedious, you seem to be intensely interested in me this morning Wolfgang59 😉
    dodge
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 01:21
    @karoly-aczel said
    dodge
    Wolfgang59 and divegeester are pissing on each other's legs for pan-forum reasons, as is their right. By characterizing divegeester's quip in reply to Wolfgang59's quip as a "dodge", you have cocked your leg at divegeester's trousers but nothing has come out.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 02:02
    @fmf said
    Who? Are you one of the ones who is an ultracrepidarian "more often than others", for example?
    Well depending on who you compare me to and the topics discussed sure. You feel that this doesn’t apply to you?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 02:14
    @kellyjay said
    You feel that this doesn’t apply to you?
    Not really. I don't contribute much to topics that I don't have perspectives on which are based on some knowledge. You don't find me making many assertions on the nuts and bolts of certain theological or scientific things and when I was active on the Debates Forum I steered clear of certain U.S. domestic political issues that lay outside my part of the Venn diagram.

Do you think it does apply to me?

Why start a thread like this and say things like "some more often ultracrepidarian than others" specifically about this community and then not say who you mean?

I have a feeling you think you are exercising discretion or something like that, but I think your are just bleating in a wishy-washy and rather unprincipled way.

Who are the ultracrepidarians here to your way of thinking? You started a whole thread about it ~ surely not only in order to poison the well in a mealy-mouthed way?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 02:45
    @fmf said
    Not really. I don't contribute much to topics that I don't have perspectives on which are based on some knowledge. You don't find me making many assertions on the nuts and bolts of certain theological or scientific things and when I was active on the Debates Forum I steered clear of certain U.S. domestic political issues that lay outside my part of the Venn diagram.

Do you thi ...[text shortened]... tarted a whole thread about it ~ surely not only in order to poison the well in a mealy-mouthed way?
    Not going to be pointing fingers, I said my piece.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 03:15
    @kellyjay said
    So you are simply doing some secretive grumbling about community members you don't have the pluck or decency to be candid about. Got it.

Your religious faith and personal opinions notwithstanding, would you say you are an ultracrepidarian when it comes to talking about what the theory of evolution (which you disagree with) actually is?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 03:23
    @fmf said
    So you are simply doing some secretive grumbling about community members you don't have the pluck or decency to be candid about. Got it.

Your religious faith and personal opinions notwithstanding, would you say you are an ultracrepidarian when it comes to talking about what the theory of evolution (which you disagree with) actually is?
    I didn't grumble about or at any members here, I still haven't.
    You want to take some shots, that is completely up to you.
    I liked the word and what it meant when I read it, and thought some would have
    fun with it. You want to take it seriously and abuse people with it, up to you.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 03:25
    @kellyjay said
    You said your piece? What is that "piece"?

You disapprove of some people's debating here but you won't say who, and you won't say debating about what, or what's wrong with what they say when debating?

It does not matter who they are (that's secret) and it does not matter what it's about (that's secret), or what exactly they do wrong (that's a secret), but the it's-worth-start-a-whole-thread-about-it point you wanted to make is: you disapprove of it? Is that the long and short of it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree