1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 08:19
    @kellyjay said
    You think there is a disconnect? How do you define both as you see them?
    In your opinion is the love of God conditional?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 08:231 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Can an unrepentant sinner remain in their sins and be okay, because God loves them? Why does word repent come up in scripture if that were the truth?
    When you say “okay” you are referring to the person not being placed by God into a hellish place to be eternally burnt alive because they were somehow able to love him back, is that what you are saying.

Those who do not love your version of God back are not “okay” because God has to torture them for eternity. Is that correct?

When he personally burning billions of people alive for eternity does he still love them, or has “his love which endures forever” (as quoted in Psalms dozens of times) been turned off, or his he burning people while he still loves them because he has to because he is not all powerful?

A response to these questions would be appreciated .
    Thank you.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 08:40
    @suzianne said
    If KJ believes God's love is "not unconditional", then that is the disconnect. The title clearly contains the word "unconditional".

Why do I always have some kind of idiotic semantic fight with you? I said there was a disconnect and then you say the connection is clear and then go on to describe the very disconnect I was talking about.

You know, if you're only going ...[text shortened]... other responding to me. I've already told you numerous times that I do not wish to play your games.
    I tell you what, I'll let you know what I believe, and you can speak for yourself that fair?

Unconditional love is God sending Jesus to us for our forgiveness. Love and mercy are making away for us to turn from our sins and be redeemed by Christ. That is love and compassion since there was no limit that God's love was not prepared to endure for our forgiveness and salvation.

That is not saying God is going to accept a child molester who loves doing that so much s/he refuses to stop harming kids. You cannot compare such a person to another who also did those things but turned to God repented asking Him for God's forgiveness for Jesus' sake. We all have sinned; at one time, we were children of wrath until Jesus' redemption enters our lives. When we have been forgiven for Jesus' sake, we become the righteousness of God through faith in Him.

The love God has for those that God calls out of sin and darkness to become His family is one thing. It is not the same thing as those that remain in their sins. Those whom Jesus tells to call God Father, that love is reserved for His own, it is very conditional. We are either in Jesus abiding in Him, or those outside of Christ our standing before God depends on who Jesus is to us, is He our Lord and Savior, or not?

If you think that I'm wrong about this, can you produce scripture to back it up on how and why I am? I'm telling you such an unrepented sinner has the wrath of God already on themselves in they are in grave danger of Hell.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 09:431 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Unconditional love is God sending Jesus to us for our forgiveness.
    Is the love of God, the love that is never ending, the love that he had that died for us while we were still sinners...is this love conditional on us loving him back?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 10:26
    @suzianne said
    Why do I always have some kind of idiotic semantic fight with you?
    Actually, I don't think it is ME who seems "idiotic" every time the waves of your scorn-for-scorn's sake send you crashing pointlessly onto the beach of my reasonable and cogent posting, time and time and time again since years and years and years ago.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 11:43
    I suppose KellyJay is to be content in his “I believe and I write it ‘cos it’s true” world of denial and just continue to ignore people who dare to put up a juxtaposition to his “we are all unbelievably evil and deserve eternal torture” woolly rhetoric.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 14:15
    @fmf said
    Actually, I don't think it is ME who seems "idiotic" every time the waves of your scorn-for-scorn's sake send you crashing pointlessly onto the beach of my reasonable and cogent posting, time and time and time again since years and years and years ago.
    Incredibly self-serving AND untrue. Well done.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 14:52
    @suzianne said
    Incredibly self-serving AND untrue. Well done.
    I think you are mistaken.
  9. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 04:32
    @suzianne said
    Do you think God's love is "unconditional"? Or is it instead conditioned upon our actions?
    it says in the Bible that God favored one side of a war, and supported one group so that they'd win.. That means slaughtering thousands of people. How unconditional is that ?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 07:06
    @ogb said
    it says in the Bible that God favored one side of a war, and supported one group so that they'd win.. That means slaughtering thousands of people. How unconditional is that ?
    The example you give doesn’t necessarily require a condition.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 13:121 edit
    @suzianne said
    If KJ believes God's love is "not unconditional", then that is the disconnect. The title clearly contains the word "unconditional".

Why do I always have some kind of idiotic semantic fight with you? I said there was a disconnect and then you say the connection is clear and then go on to describe the very disconnect I was talking about.

You know, if you're only going ...[text shortened]... other responding to me. I've already told you numerous times that I do not wish to play your games.
    Tell him Suzy

You can murder as many babies before being born as you want and God will understand.

No worries.

But if you build a wall...……….well...……………….let's just say Orange man will be in hell.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 18:24
    @whodey said
    Tell him Suzy

You can murder as many babies before being born as you want and God will understand.

No worries.

But if you build a wall...……….well...……………….let's just say Orange man will be in hell.
    Again, NO ONE is "murdering babies".

And it is not JUST "a wall". It is your selfish attitude that you simply don't need to help ANYone worse off than you, JUST because they have "brown skin".

It is precisely these attitudes found in Matthew 7 and Matthew 25 that you ignore because it is convenient, that will cause Jesus to tell you "Depart from me, I never knew you".
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 18:26
    @ogb said
    Um, what?

I actually didn't think that killing people was an "unconditional" act.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 07:40
    @KellyJay
    Unconditional love means loving someone/something without any conditions on
    them/it. In other words the quality of what is loved is immaterial. If that were
    possible then one would love everything and subvert the very meaning of love.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 07:42
    @wolfgang59 said
    @KellyJay
    Unconditional love means loving someone/something without any conditions on
    them/it. In other words the quality of what is loved is immaterial. If that were
    possible then one would love everything and subvert the very meaning of love.
    According to his profile update, KellyJay is no longer visiting this website.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree