1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 00:44
    On a thread recently someone posted about the rebellion in heaven and how Satan tried to overthrow God with a 1/3 of the angels.

I just want folks to imagine this totalitarian state where the leader (God) makes
    arbitrary rules, forces citizens to worship him and do his bidding and has a
    special gulag (Hell) to imprison and torture anyone who breaks the law.

Along comes a brave freedom fighter (Satan) who puts together a rag-tag
    army of fellow idealists in a bid to overthrow the tyrant and establish a
    demoncracy.

The brave Rebels, out-numbered 2 to 1, put up a courageous fight but are defeated. Satan makes a strategic withdrawal to regroup while God gloats
    about his victory and continues to recruit from earth.

Who would you pick to side with?

On a more serious note; do other religions have this theme of a battle for
    supremacy in heaven? Reminds me of the Greek gods usurping the Titans.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 01:052 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    On a thread recently someone posted about the rebellion in heaven and how Satan tried to overthrow God with a 1/3 of the angels.

I just want folks to imagine this totalitarian state where the leader (God) makes
    special gulag (Hell) to imprison and torture anyone who breaks ...[text shortened]... s theme of a battle for
    My take on is that you cant "ascend" unless you meet certain universal requirements.
    Like living peacefully, treating every one equally,etc. Just all that basic stuff that 5 year old kids even know, but for some dam reason(s), adults cant seem to put into practice.

Another thing is 'unity' , or as some have interpreted, (I don't know how accurately), "Oneness".
    This seems to suggest that in the higher realms of existence there is no division or conflict.

Feel free to ask further , more detailed questions if you want, as hard as it is to answer on a forum like this, I will, as always, try my best.

BTW, that's a very entertaining take on the bible you have there, and prolly just as good, if not better an interpretation of it as anyone else has on here 😉
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 04:16

special gulag (Hell) to imprison and torture anyone who breaks ...[text shortened]... s theme of a battle for
    The winner. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 06:31

By the teeth of the Hydra, we've all been golden fleeced...
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 09:13

The Egyptians have a similar thing. Horus fought his brother for supremacy and lost an eye. The eye was torn into many pieces but later reassembled. The bits of the eye were used as symbols for fractions in Egyptian arithmetic.

I prefer an earlier Egyptian creation myth to the biblical account. A god was masturbating and produced the universe. The end.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 18:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

This seems to suggest that in the higher realms of existence there is no division or conflict.

A rebellion in heaven does not seem like "no division or conflict".
    And why would angels (or anyone) rebel against an omnipotent being?
    Did the Rebels have any chance of winning?
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 23:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    My take on is that you cant "ascend" unless you meet certain universal requirements.
    Like living peacefully, treating every one equally,etc. Just all that basic stuff that 5 year old kids even know, but for some dam reason(s), adults cant seem to put into practice.

Another thing is 'unity' , or as some have interpreted, (I don't know how accurately ...[text shortened]... prolly just as good, if not better an interpretation of it as anyone else has on here 😉
    Like living peacefully, treating every one equally,etc. Just all that basic stuff that 5 year old kids even know

Just a wild surmise but I'm guessing you don't have kids. Either that or you have some heavily rose-tinted specs.

--- Penguin.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 03:13
    Oh well that's the fourth dimension, where there is some conflict. Etheral forces or whatever. But up on the fifth Dimension it's all smooth sailing and apparently that's where a significant portion of current humanity is going.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 03:17
    Originally posted by Penguin
    [b]Like living peacefully, treating every one equally,etc. Just all that basic stuff that 5 year old kids even know

Just a wild surmise but I'm guessing you don't have kids. Either that or you have some heavily rose-tinted specs.

--- Penguin.[/b]
    I have two of the most beautiful and amazing kids in the world, so maybe I am looking at childhood through rose-tinted glasses in a way. I would also like to think that my parenting has had something to do with it , but the truth of it is that both of them have just been amazing kids. Good kids in the base meaning of the word.
    (Like my over intelligent 17 year old who has respect for her elders. You know how many 17 year olds have respect for anything or anyone? I'm sure you do, you're a parent, right? 🙂 )
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 03:22
    [b]Like living peacefully, treating every one equally,etc. Just all that basic stuff that 5 year old kids even know

--- Penguin.[/b]
    I am also suggesting that children are born inherently "good" , and the bad they may unleash on the world is usually due to poor parenting. You don't have to be a super parent, but as long as you are trying to meet your kids halfway, they usually suck up the other half and mature as humans beings.
    Perfect parenting. (Too much cuddling can lead to co-dependency issues)
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 04:03

--- Penguin.[/b]
    5-year-olds will surprise you with how much they do know.
    They can certainly come up with the Golden Rule, equality and fairness.
    Although they have a hard time following what they know is right!
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 17:57
    the thing that makes me laugh is satan and 1/3 of angels turning evil. god is supposed to be perfect yet many of his creations seem to keep fkng up and going bad. the christians will put it down to 'free will' but saying 'free will' doent explain why they decided to go down the evil path. but then again maybe satan is just copying the behavior of the o.t. god.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 00:38
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the thing that makes me laugh is satan and 1/3 of angels turning evil. god is supposed to be perfect yet many of his creations seem to keep fkng up and going bad. the christians will put it down to 'free will' but saying 'free will' doent explain why they decided to go down the evil path. but then again maybe satan is just copying the behavior of the o.t. god.
    Maybe Satan is the OT god!
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 04:18

"Demoncracy." I like it. 😉

Satan's okay with orgies. Who in their right mind wouldn't pick his side?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree