1. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '14 15:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    All this "which god?" talk is trolling. You know damn well "which god".
    No actually, I don't. And the "which god" talk is not trolling at all, its a genuine challenge to the claim "it wouldn't hurt to ask", or "it wouldn't hurt to say thank you". These are statements made by people who simply do not practice what they preach and the questions 'which God', and 'why do you not do it for gods you don't believe in?' are perfectly valid questions.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '14 15:50
    No, I generally stop after "Father".

Yet once IS enough. Call Him by the name YOU believe in. If you don't believe in any, then don't speak to Him at all. Don't be a hypocrite.

my favourite THOR but I don't pray to him
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 May '14 16:10
    No, I generally stop after "Father".

Yet once IS enough. Call Him by the name YOU believe in. If you don't believe in any, then don't speak to Him at all. Don't be a hypocrite.

Your troll diagnostician certificate has been revoked due to abuse.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '14 16:17
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Your troll diagnostician certificate has been revoked due to abuse.
    but she will be allowed to TROLL around herself
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 May '14 18:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No actually, I don't. And the "which god" talk is not trolling at all, its a genuine challenge to the claim "it wouldn't hurt to ask", or "it wouldn't hurt to say thank you". These are statements made by people who simply do not practice what they preach and the questions 'which God', and 'why do you not do it for gods you don't believe in?' are perfectly valid questions.
    No, no, no.

If I were speaking to a Muslim, I think he would call his god 'Allah'. I wouldn't be so completely disrespectful of his beliefs as to ask him "which god?" Same goes for any religion. "Which god?" The one the speaker believes in. Which OTHER god would you possibly THINK they'd be talking about.

You know, I once wrote a post in this forum about how Christians and others should respect an atheist's position as their "creed" or what they personally believe. I got lots of thumbs up for that post, many from the atheists here. Since then, certain other atheists have insulted me time and again with this "which god?" crap. Which god do you possibly THINK I could be talking about besides the god I believe in?? But you can't even give me the slightest molecule of respect for me having my own beliefs.

You accept MY respect for you having your own beliefs but are not prepared to respect me for having my own beliefs. It's okay, I see how it is. The emperor truly has no clothes.

Yeah, I expect googlefudge to jump in now with the "tag-team" action.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '14 21:29
    But you can't even give me the slightest molecule of respect for me having my own beliefs.
    Before you throw a fit, make sure you have understood the conversation. I know perfectly well which God you believe in - and never claimed otherwise. What you don't seem to understand, is that I don't believe in the God you believe in. So when the suggestion is made that 'there is no harm in thanking God', it is a perfectly legitimate question for me to ask 'which God?'. In so asking, I am not asking you which God you believe in, but rather posing the problem facing me ie there are so many Gods I do not believe in, so why should I thank the one you believe in, and not all the others, because from my point of view, they are all equal. Additionally, I note that you do not practice what you preach and do not thank gods that you do not believe in because 'there is no harm in thanking' them. In fact I strongly suspect it would be a serious violation of your religious beliefs to do so, so you actually believe there is harm in doing so.
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 May '14 22:46
    Before you throw a fit, make sure you have understood the conversation. I know perfectly well which God you believe in - and never claimed otherwise. What you don't seem to understand, is that I don't believe in the God you believe in. So when the suggestion is made that 'there is no harm in thanking God', it is a perfectly legitimate question for me to a ...[text shortened]... on of your religious beliefs to do so, so you actually believe there [b]is harm in doing so.[/b]
    Wot he said.

It is not that we don't know what God you believe in. It is that we see the same amount of need/benefit/point in praying to any god (including yours) as you do to any of the others apart from yours.

If you were to pray to a god other than the one you believe in, which would it be? How would you decide? When you understand your answer to that question, you might begin to understand why we say 'which god?'.

--- Penguin
  8. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 May '14 15:12
    Originally posted by vivify
    Since someone messaged me asking how thingvs are going after the thread where I asked for prayer, and then asked me to post it in this forum, I guess it's only fair to oblige.

So...

Since asking for people here to pray for me, I have to admit, things in my life have taken quite a positive turn. Sure, I don't believe this proves anything, since admitted ...[text shortened]... ask. But, the fact remains, that things just seem a lot more positive now.

So blast away.
    Glad to hear this Vivify 🙂
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 May '14 20:12
    You're being a compete douchebag. What other god would a forum full of Christians pray to? And what other god would listen to them that should be thanked?

Shut the hell up.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 May '14 21:06
    You're being a compete douchebag. What other god would a forum full of Christians pray to? And what other god would listen to them that should be thanked?

Shut the hell up.
    I thought you wanted people to blast away. 😕
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '14 21:091 edit
    You're being a compete douchebag.
    I disagree. I think you have misunderstood my post. Please read it again, a little more calmly this time. Then apologize.

What other god would a forum full of Christians pray to?
    Exactly my point. If they would not pray to another god, then why would you think I would pray to their god?

And what other god would listen to them that should be thanked?
    Again, exactly my point.

Shut the hell up.
    Try reading more carefully before you make such rude comments.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '14 21:22
    Originally posted by boonon
    Glad to hear this Vivify 🙂
    Ditto.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '14 21:26
    I disagree. I think you have misunderstood my post. Please read it again, a little more calmly this time. Then apologize.

[b]What other god would a forum full of Christians pray to?

Exactly my point. If they would not pray to another god, then why would you think I would pray to their god?

And what other god would listen to them that should ...[text shortened]... int.

[b]Shut the hell up.

Try reading more carefully before you make such rude comments.[/b]
    twhitehead, is peer approval and psychic income from convoluted argumentation on this forum the high point of your day?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 May '14 21:34

Shut the hell up.
    I'm not even sure 50% of the regular posters are Christian - and besides that we have all sorts of denominations.

How do you think any Moslem who prayed for you might feel?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 May '14 01:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I thought you wanted people to blast away. 😕
    I guess you're right. Sorry. Blast away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree