1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 01:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    Looking at the left today and how they try to micromanage our every move, they seem to fit the bill, but who knows.
    Your slogan "micromanage our every move" trips off your tongue easily and frequently. But isn't it just hyperbole? Don't you ~ in fact ~ have almost complete freedom to do whatever you want, and be whatever you want, and think whatever you want, and say whatever you want, engage in whatever business or activities that you want etc. etc. in the U.S.? You say "every move" is micromanaged. But every time you say it, it just sounds like daft paranoid hyperbole.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 02:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your slogan "micromanage our every move" trips off your tongue easily and frequently. But isn't it just hyperbole? Don't you ~ in fact ~ have almost complete freedom to do whatever you want, and be whatever you want, and think whatever you want, and say whatever you want, engage in whatever business or activities that you want etc. etc. in the U.S.? You say "eve ...[text shortened]... y move" is micromanaged. But every time you say it, it just sounds like daft paranoid hyperbole.
    The US is becoming less and less free with every breath. The US federal government passes over 40,000 new laws and regulations every day.

There is no way around it, laws limit freedom. Is America that bad that we need these many laws a year? A better question is, is America any better for them?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 02:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You know, your continual chant of "less centralized government" might sit better with me, if I wasn't from a conservative, Republican state that can't run anything without screwing it up. Thank God for the Federal Government or we'd be worse off than a third-world nation.
    Less centralized government IS what I'm about. I'm in no way supportive of the GOP.

I support the movement to amend the Constitution via direct state intervention under Article V. It has never been done before, but it needs to be.

Over 80% of the public favors amendments that limit terms for Congress and a balanced budget amendment for the Feds.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 03:20
    The US is becoming less and less free with every breath. The US federal government passes over 40,000 new laws and regulations every day.

There is no way around it, laws limit freedom. Is America that bad that we need these many laws a year? A better question is, is America any better for them?
    Once again, don't you ~ in fact ~ have almost complete freedom to do whatever you want, and be whatever you want, and think whatever you want, and say whatever you want, associate with whoever you want, follow whatever career you want, educate your children how you want, believe in whatever God you want, travel wherever you want, live where you want, buy what you want, engage in whatever business or activities that you want etc. etc. in the U.S.? How is "every move" you make in the hands of the government? A response to this would be more interesting than the additional dollop of silly hyperbole you offered instead.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 04:121 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Once again, don't you ~ in fact ~ have almost complete freedom to do whatever you want, and be whatever you want, and think whatever you want, and say whatever you want, associate with whoever you want, follow whatever career you want, educate your children how you want, believe in whatever God you want, travel wherever you want, live where you want, buy what yo ...[text shortened]... his would be more interesting than the additional dollop of silly hyperbole you offered instead.
    Here is a quote from the book Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin.

"The Statist has constructed a Fourth Branch of government - and enormous administrative state - which exists to oversee and implement his policies. It is a massive yet amorphous bureaucracy that consists of a workforce of nearly 2 million civilian employees. It administers a budget of over $3 trillion a year. It churns out a mind-numbing number of rules that regulate energy, the environment, business, labor, employment, transportation, housing, agriculture, food, drugs, education, etc. Even the slightest human activity apparently requires its intervention: clothing labels on women's dress, cosmetics ingredients, and labeling. It even reaches into the bathroom, mandating shower head flow rates and allowable gallons per flush for toilets. It sets flammability standards for beds. There are nearly one thousand federal departments, agencies, and divisions that make laws and enforce them.

The official compilation of rules issued by the federal government, the federal Register, contained 74,937 pages of regulations in 2006. Tolstoy's War and Peace, only 1,400 pages in length, seems as light and airy as a romance novel by comparison. The rules in the Federal Register are written in a dense and confusing style, often confounding the lawyers, accountants, businessmen, and others required to digest them. The estimated cost of simply complying with these regulations was $1.14 trillion. The National Taxpayers Union estimated that in 2006, US businesses and individuals sent 6.65 billion hours struggling to comply with the complexities of the tax code, at a cost of $156.5 billion in lost productivity for businesses alone.

So as we see, you have the freedom to conduct business so long as you are able to juggle the myriad of rules that go along with it.

It's similar to health care. I used to have the freedom not to have health care. I used to have a health care policy that was cheaper and covered more than it does now. However, today I am less free because I am required to have health care and the policy I liked no longer exists because those who provided it can not do so with all the changes in laws regarding health care.

Then there are businesses or potential businesses who try to comply with the new health care laws that have difficulty doing so. I pity those who are just starting out with a small business these days. The way small business has been snuffed out in the US is no accident.

So as we see, your premise is a lie. I have less and less freedom every day. Although you may not think these loss of freedoms to be worrisome, I do.

And this is just the tip of the ice burg. Recently subversives, known as conservatives by everyone else, have been targeted by the IRS via audits. This is the same IRS that is now in control of our health care. So how long will it be before the IRS begins tampering the health care of subversives I wonder? Not to worry though, they seem like a swell bunch who would never engage in any wrong doing.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 04:441 edit
    Here is a quote from the book Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin.

"The Statist has constructed a Fourth Branch of government - and enormous administrative state - which exists to oversee and implement his policies. It is a massive yet amorphous bureaucracy that consists of a workforce of nearly 2 million civilian employees. It administers a budget of over $ ...[text shortened]... r? Not to worry though, they seem like a swell bunch who would never engage in any wrong doing.
    Just an answer to my question would be more interesting. I am not debating some U.S. shock jock/author. You claimed "every move" in your life is "micromanaged" by your government. You made the claim. I think it's patent nonsense. And I don't think you can substantiate it at all. Some long copy paste of something or other by some author or other is you evading scrutiny of your own words as posted here. I responded to what you wrote. Why not respond to what I wrote? If I want to respond to what Mark Levin just so happens to have written, I can ring him on his radio show.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 10:471 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Just an answer to my question would be more interesting. I am not debating some U.S. shock jock/author. You claimed "every move" in your life is "micromanaged" by your government. You made the claim. I think it's patent nonsense. And I don't think you can substantiate it at all. Some long copy paste of something or other by some author or other is you evading sc ...[text shortened]... to respond to what Mark Levin just so happens to have written, I can ring him on his radio show.
    Cut and paste got you down? :'(

As Mark reveals in his book, what follows before a "hard" tyranny is a "soft" tyranny, much of what we are seeing today.

Today my every keystroke is monitored by the NSA. They know what I'm thinking, where I'm going, who my friends are etc. If I want health care the government has a hand in what doctor I see and will know everything about my medical conditions. If I send my children to school the federal government will want to know where and in public and private schools around the country will provide students with Common Core curriculum. This is curriculum that is hand picked by the Feds to teach our children. I've already posted things about Common Core to show that it is already indoctrinating children. One example is how they teach children that the second amendment is an outdated amendment that is under redefinition. As the cut and paste you hate so adamantly tells us, I can't even flush my toilet without approval of the federal government.

Imagine how a "hard" tyrannical government would abuse such power. We all know that power corrupts and how it will be abused, excepting these current people in power I suppose.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 12:181 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Just an answer to my question would be more interesting. I am not debating some U.S. shock jock/author. You claimed "every move" in your life is "micromanaged" by your government. You made the claim. I think it's patent nonsense. And I don't think you can substantiate it at all. Some long copy paste of something or other by some author or other is you evading sc ...[text shortened]... to respond to what Mark Levin just so happens to have written, I can ring him on his radio show.
    My initial assertion was that the "mark" is consistant with left winged policies.

Well think of what the "mark" could do for a government.

1. If it has a GPS system, no more missing persons. No more running from the law.
    2. If all monetary transactions are done on a micro chip, no more cheating on taxes. In fact, perhaps no more filing taxes. It could all be done electronically for you. No more dirty money under the table. Imagine the power of monitoring ever financial transaction.
    3. Health care costs would come down if your medical information was coded on the chip. Those who are unable or unwilling to give medical information will simply have their chip scanned, keeping medical costs down.

And I'm sure, this is just the tip of the ice burg. Those that oppose it will be seen as crazy right winged extremists that are continuing the problems within society.

Seeing how the American public is so docile and willing to surrender freedom for safety, it is not a question of if, but when this will happen.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 12:22
    Cut and paste got you down? :'(

As Mark reveals in his book, what follows before a "hard" tyranny is a "soft" tyranny, much of what we are seeing today.

Today my every keystroke is monitored by the NSA. They know what I'm thinking, where I'm going, who my friends are etc. If I want health care the government has a hand in what doctor I see and will ...[text shortened]... hat power corrupts and how it will be abused, excepting these current people in power I suppose.
    You claimed "every move" in your life is "micromanaged" by your government which is patent nonsense. You cannot substantiate the claim at all.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 12:23
    My initial assertion was that the "mark" is consistant with left winged policies.

Well think of what the "mark" could do for a government.

1. If it has a GPS system, no more missing persons. No more running from the law.
    2. If all monetary transactions are done on a micro chip, no more cheating on taxes. In fact, perhaps no more filing taxes. It c ...[text shortened]... willing to surrender freedom for safety, it is not a question of if, but when this will happen.
    Where is your evidence that "every move" in your life is "micromanaged" by your government?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 12:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Where is your evidence that "every move" in your life is "micromanaged" by your government?
    Reading my posts might be helpful.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 12:27
    Reading my posts might be helpful.
    You have presented no evidence that everything you do in your life is managed by your government. It'd just ludicrous hyperbole that probably belongs on the Debates Forum.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 15:232 edits
    Less centralized government IS what I'm about. I'm in no way supportive of the GOP.

I support the movement to amend the Constitution via direct state intervention under Article V. It has never been done before, but it needs to be.

Over 80% of the public favors amendments that limit terms for Congress and a balanced budget amendment for the Feds.
    But expecting Republican states to pick up the bill and the responsibility for most of what the Federal Government does is crazy talk. It would result in a direct loss of quality of life for roughly half of the people in these Republican states.

As bad as anyone perceives the Federal Government to be, giving their aegis to the states instead would be disastrous. It sickens me that people who espouse this, people like you, don't care what effect this will have on the people involved. Most people who want the states to be in control and want to kick the Federal government out of their state live in states that are well-run to begin with.

You want to see the real 'jackboots' come tromping through your garden? Put the states in control of everything. You keep bitching about "that horrible black man in the White House", but the worst despots and tyrants are the local ones.

And "term limits for Congress and a balanced budget amendment for the Feds" has absolutely nothing to do with "states' rights".
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 17:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But expecting Republican states to pick up the bill and the responsibility for most of what the Federal Government does is crazy talk. It would result in a direct loss of quality of life for roughly half of the people in these Republican states.

As bad as anyone perceives the Federal Government to be, giving their aegis to the states instead would be di ...[text shortened]... nd a balanced budget amendment for the Feds" has absolutely nothing to do with "states' rights".
    The poorly run states are those run by liberal Democrats. 😏
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 22:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The poorly run states are those run by liberal Democrats. 😏
    Wrong again.

I live in Arizona, a state which has been run utterly into the ground since 2009 by Jan Brewer (a Republican) and now Doug Ducey (a Republican) plans on following up her extremely poor legacy by continuing her terrible governing decisions.

I long for the good ol' days of Rose Mofford's (a Democrat) governorship.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree