1. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 10:391 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    ..you better get accustom to using your [b]MOUTH ![/b]
    .. a fool's voice is known by multitude of words. (Ecclesiastes 5:3 KJV)
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 10:39
    I am discussing the benefit of opening the whole being to God and using the mouth to contact the living God.
    Shall we call it "heart belief mouth" perhaps?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 10:39
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are you ok?
    Serious question.
    I was encouraged by the comment of Roman1009 about his musing on the word of God and living spiritually by devoting effort to memorize the living word of God.

IN fact I hope he will share more.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 10:40
    I was encouraged by the comment of Roman1009 about his musing on the word of God and living spiritually by devoting effort to memorize the living word of God.

I admire your enthusiasm for the Lord, but your posting vanity gets in the way for me.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 10:431 edit
    The writer of Psalm 116 did not speak in vain or call in vain. This man called and used his mouth with great profit. He used his faith and his speaking mouth with great benefit to his whole life.

In fact he said his speaking to God was like drinking a beverage of God's salvation!

"I will take up the cup of salvation And call upon the name of the Lord." ( another English rendering)

We can exercise our spiritual being by using the mouth to contact the living God.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 10:461 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I admire your enthusiasm for the Lord, but your posting vanity gets in the way for me.
    Oh, I don't let your false humility bother me.

Stop being so humble, you're not that great.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 10:49
    Along with calling on the name of the Lord Jesus, there is speaking out with your spirit the word of God.

We can touch God by the proper speaking of His word.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 10:55
    Oh, I don't let your false humility bother me.

Stop being so humble, you're not that great.
    I wasn’t being humble.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:32
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Is it better to say something or do something?
    Or is it better to do BOTH?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:34
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Or is it better to do BOTH?
    Agreed.

Shall we ask sonship to modify the title of the thread? (Rhetorical).
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:35

Do you mind which of his accounts he posts it from?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:44
    The writer of [b]Psalm 116 did not speak in vain or call in vain. This man called and used his mouth with great profit. He used his faith and his speaking mouth with great benefit to his whole life.

In fact he said his speaking to God was like drinking a beverage of God's salvation!

"I will take up the cup of salvation And call upon t ...[text shortened]... )

We can exercise our spiritual being by using the mouth to contact the living God.
    Not to mention the tradition of testifying one's faith unto the Lord, most often seen in the black revivalist churches in the South. These are ecstatic worshippers, filled with the ecstasy of the Lord. Hallelujah!
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:552 edits
    If you want to live the Christian life successfully and victoriously, you better get use to using your [b]mouth.

If you desire to live in oneness with the living and available Lord Jesus, you better get accustom to using your MOUTH ![/b]
    You will find nowhere that Jesus says or implies such a doctrine.
    You will find plenty of places where people are told to
    SHUT UP and FOLLOW HIS COMMANDMENTS.

Here is just one of hundreds:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
    but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name?
    and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them,
    I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house;
    and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine,
    and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew,
    and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
    (Matthew 7:21-27 KJV)

Jesus says it clearly:
    Calling Lord Lord will not get you into the Kingdom of God
    But DOING will
    Many will claim to know Christ
    But Jesus will say depart from me
    Jesus wants people to HEAR AND DO HIS COMMANDMENTS
    The foolish man is like the man who builds his house on sand
    He will continue to talk and not do his commandments
    That man is a fool and his house will fall
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 12:422 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Not to mention the tradition of testifying one's faith unto the Lord, most often seen in the black revivalist churches in the South. These are ecstatic worshippers, filled with the ecstasy of the Lord. Hallelujah!
    I worshipped some at the Church of God in Christ denomination. Some black folks can (not always) be easily emotional. Social oppression and stress also contribute to this strong emotional release.

I am African American myself, so I think I have some right to speak about it.

But my point here is that in COGIC meetings (Church of God in Christ) Pentacostal meetings there is one thing they practice which is quite good I think. But only the speaking pastor and a deacon practice it.

As the preacher preaches the Scripture is spoken, part by part, as if to break it up into portions to exercise proclaiming and preaching of it. This kind of "mastication" of the word of God is quite effective. They echo it back and forth interspersed with the message. It is something to see.

The only problem in a COGIC meeting is that usually it is only the man in the pulpit and the assisting deacon who practice this.

When you can get an entire congregation to speaking the word of God with the exercise of the spirit and faith - better still.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 12:45
    If you want to live the Christian life successfully and victoriously, you better get use to using your [b]mouth.

If you desire to live in oneness with the living and available Lord Jesus, you better get accustom to using your MOUTH ![/b]
    Abiding in the word of Jesus entails understanding, believing, following, and most importantly KEEPing the words Jesus spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry.

It is in keeping His words the one abides, i.e., LIVEs His word. LIVES Jesus.

Matthew 21
    28“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go work today in the vineyard.’ 29“And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he regretted it and went. 30“The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he did not go. 31“Which of the two did the will of his father?”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree