1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 12:532 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Do you mind which of his accounts he posts it from?
    Why is it that whenever someone wants to start a positive thread on Spirituality you invariably hunt for either the dark side, the scandalous, the discouraging side, the opportunity to gloat over some hypocrisy as if to desire to pull it down into negativity and accusation ?

Can you sometime try to put together two consecutive sentences with some positive effect cultivating some good spiritual aspect of life?

So that this post is not a waste, here is what this poster wrote which very much encouraged me - From Spiritual Network thread:

I agree with all that you wrote. The temptation to sin is much harder to deal with when we are not regularly “feeding” the Spirit and increasing its influence in our lives through reading the Bible and prayer. I also have some memory verses I rely on and recite in my mind when I know I’m going into a difficult situation. Here are two I use before I go into a situation where I think I’ll be irritated, and they work wonders:

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.“

(Psalm 19:14)

“Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.”

(Psalm 141:3)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:13
    It is good to awake in the morning and the first thing you say is "Lord Jesus, I love You."

You all know that in chess it is important to get your share of the center of the board. Right?

In life, each day, day BY day, it is good to start the day to let Jesus Christ get the center of your heart.

Try it for a week. Each morning wake up whispering "Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. Lord I love You." The first thing our of your mouth when your eyes awake from sleep.

Now, if you don't feel like you love the Lord Jesus that much, (which happens to Christians) confess instead that He loves YOU.

First thing uttered when you awake:

"Lord Jesus, I thank You that You love me. Lord I know I may be cold towards God. But Lord thankyou that You love Me so. Thankyou Lord Jesus, for Your undying love."

Let your first transaction of the day be with God.
    Use your mouth and open wide your heart to Christ.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:25
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Abiding in the word of Jesus entails understanding, believing, following, and most importantly KEEPing the words Jesus spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry.

It is in keeping His words the one abides, i.e., LIVEs His word. LIVES Jesus.

Matthew 21
    28“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, ...[text shortened]... he answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he did not go. 31“Which of the two did the will of his father?”
    The man now claims that 'talking is doing '. He has gone completely berserk.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:291 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    It is good to awake in the morning and the first thing you say is [b]"Lord Jesus, I love You."

You all know that in chess it is important to get your share of the center of the board. Right?

In life, each day, day BY day, it is good to start the day to let Jesus Christ get the center of your heart.

Try it for a week. Each morning wake up whi ...[text shortened]... r first transaction of the day be with God.
    Use your mouth and open wide your heart to Christ.[/b]
    Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For when you woke up every morning you said "Lord Jesus, I love You." (Sonship 25:34 KSV)

LOL 😀 Comedian or Fool, Dont know which.you are. Both!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:34
    Why is it that whenever someone wants to start a positive thread on Spirituality you invariably hunt for either the dark side, the scandalous, the discouraging side, the opportunity to gloat over some hypocrisy as if to desire to pull it down into negativity and accusation ?
    "Invariably"? Ghost of a Duke?

Do you simply have no integrity whatsoever?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:391 edit
    Here's an example of how speaking in faith is an exercise of the spiritual "muscle" and ushers one into the grace of the Holy Spirit.

Someone insults you. You turn it immediately into praise of Christ's victory, Christ's overcoming, Christ's example.
    Not so much "What would Jesus do?" but "Praise the Lord for what Jesus IS."

"Lord, this person has just insulted me. Father, I praise you for how utterly PLEASED You were with the life of Your Son the Lord Jesus. How controlled. How filled with love. How victorious in compassion.

Abba Father, I praise You for how pleased You were gazing into the heart of Your Son, my Lord Jesus Christ. How utterly pleasing His every reaction. Thank You Lord."

Believe me, We can SPEAK our way to touch the faithful God of all grace.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:52
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Abiding in the word of Jesus entails understanding, believing, following, and most importantly KEEPing the words Jesus spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry.

That is right.
    And we need to exercise our spirit.

We need to be regenerated in our spirit - first.
    Then we need to discern our spirit and exercise our spirit.

To speak in the Holy Spirit with our spirit over the word of God is an exercise of the spiritual "organ" in man.

This thread is not that much on the spirit initially receiving Christ as life but having receive Him, exercising the spirit to life by Him.

It is in keeping His words the one abides, i.e., LIVEs His word. LIVES Jesus.

Not sentimentally. But in reality.
    His words are spirit and divine ZOE life.

"It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life." (John 6:63)

Matthew 21
    28“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go work today in the vineyard.’ 29“And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he regretted it and went. 30“The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he did not go. 31“Which of the two did the will of his father?”

Amen. And to be empowered to do the will of the Father a man must live on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

also in Matthew 4:4: But he answered and said, it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. and Luke 4:4: And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

copied from Google now.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:55
    Originally posted by @fmf

Often, rather than invariably.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship to Ghost of a Duke
    That you would use the word "invariably" in this way suggests that you see ALL of Ghost of a Duke's good natured and thoughtful attempts to engage you in debate and discussion as ......the dark side, the scandalous, the discouraging side, the opportunity to gloat over some hypocrisy as if to desire to pull it down into negativity and accusation .
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 13:58

There are some new posters here. Some seem to be Christians.

Are they in your golden age of good posts now?
    I mean has the deterioration begun yet with any of them?

I just want to remember in the future when the good ole days of your higher regard for them draws to a close.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 14:12
    There are some new posters here. Some seem to be Christians.

Are they in your golden age of good posts now?
    I mean has the deterioration begun yet with any of them?
    When did the deterioration begin with you? I'd say 2-3 years ago.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 14:13
    Here's an example of how speaking in faith is an exercise of the spiritual "muscle" and ushers one into the grace of the Holy Spirit.

Someone insults you. You turn it immediately into praise of Christ's victory, Christ's overcoming, Christ's example.
    Not so much "What would Jesus do?" but "Praise the Lord for what Jesus IS."

"Lord, this per ...[text shortened]... You Lord."

Believe me, We can SPEAK our way to touch the faithful God of all grace.
    Your doctrine is an insult to Christ.
    You are not fooling Christ with your sweet false doctrines.
    You are not fooling Christ with your 'I love you Jesus'
    Jesus wants you to pick him up off the street, feed and clothe him.

Your words are the words of a lying hypocrite,
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 14:321 edit
    When did the deterioration begin with you? I'd say 2-3 years ago.
    Well, wait a little longer. Maybe I'll feel like you by and by.

ie. "Oh, I use to be a Christian, Really. But now, I know better and am a kind of Atheist / Agnostic."

Wouldn't that be your crowning achievement, to make another "been there done that" renegade like yourself ?

Projection much FMF.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 14:39
    "Oh, I use to be a Christian, Really. But now, I know better and am a kind of Atheist / Agnostic."
    Which one of my posts are you quoting? You're making stuff up, sonship.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 14:43
    Wouldn't that be your crowning achievement, to make another "been there done that" renegade like yourself ?
    If you want everyone around you to be Christians or silent non-Christians, go to a Christian message board or start a blog and delete contributions you don't like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree