1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:47
    The more I think about it the more absurd the whole thing becomes.
    What if man had not even come into being? What would there be to know what is here? The idea of evolution is chaotic in the extreme. It only leaves you in a void of meaninglessness.
  2. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:54
    The more I read your post the more absurd the whole thing becomes.
    🙄
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:01
    Originally posted by Zander 88
    The more I read your post the more absurd the whole thing becomes.
    🙄
    Exactly my point! 😉
  4. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:142 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Exactly my point! 😉
    your mind is a void of meaninglessness. (funny word)
    😉

But seriously, the universe doesn't need us to function properly. I think the dinosaurs did fine without us.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:50
    What if man had not even come into being? What would there be to know what is here? The idea of evolution is chaotic in the extreme. It only leaves you in a void of meaninglessness.
    Why does there have to be anything to know what is here?
    The notion that there has to be some sort of external meaning associated with the universe is bizarre.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:54
    I don't think anyone has any idea what you're babbling on about. Get ahold of yourself, man. You're going to die one day, so just get used to the idea.
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 06:09
    The idea of evolution is chaotic in the extreme.
    What exactly is chaotic? Mutation? Differential survival?
  8. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 18:13
    Relax man...dont think....live....🙂
  9. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 18:24
    Chaos is a big part of many large systems. Chance plays a huge role in evolution. But the idea of evolution is simple logical and very obvious.

If it does not add meaning to your life then that is unfortunate and perhaps you are better off continuing to ignore the facts.

I would hate to worship a god so sick minded that he would deliberately mislead me with all this evidence that life is meaningless.
  10. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 20:16
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Chaos is a big part of many large systems. Chance plays a huge role in evolution. But the idea of evolution is simple logical and very obvious.

If it does not add meaning to your life then that is unfortunate and perhaps you are better off continuing to ignore the facts.

I would hate to worship a god so sick minded that he would deliberately mislead me with all this evidence that life is meaningless.
    I would hate to worship a god simply because I liked the 'meaning' it gave my life more than the logical conclusion that there is no external meaning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree