1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 16:424 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Bhagavad Gita Cht3 verse 13
    " " Cht 4 verse 36 & 37
    Cht 5 verse 16 &17
    None of them grant an "exempt[ion]" from karma "for frogs insects and birds and ants that die in the clearing of land".

Interesting that none of those verses explicitly state your assertion and that you've taken several verses out of context in order to try to prove your point. Fundamentalist Christians do the same. They twist and contort them in all manner in order to try to extract their desired meaning. Are you not doing the same?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    None of them grant an "exempt[ion]" from karma "for frogs insects and birds and ants that die in the clearing of land".

Interesting that none of those verses explicitly state your assertion and that you've taken several verses out of context in order to try to prove your point. Fundamentalist Christians do the same. They twist and contort them in all manner in order to try to extract their desired meaning. Are you not doing the same?
    You find fault where there is no fault, these verse,s where close at hand, but I am not going to go through a million verse,s to satisfy your curiosity.

You can go through the entire Vedanta teachings, and in the end your conclusion will be the same as mine,....but I am not going to do your home work for you.

Your approach to the spiritual understanding is full of fault finding, and insincerity, so off you go and eat your meat, your free do do as you please.

Persons who are on the spiritual path of purification and enlightment, do not eat flesh, it is low class and destroys the chances of making spiritual advancement.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:36
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...An animal in the slaughter house, can SMELL the death and fear, ...” (my emphasis )

I don't think I have heard of this one.
    You havn,t heard a lot of things, because your not looking!
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:39
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [i]The devotees of the Lord are released from all kinds of sins because they eat food which is offered first for sacrifice. Others, who prepare food for personal sense enjoyment, verily eat only sin.

Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners, when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge you will be able to cross over t ...[text shortened]... ers of your faith that rip live animals to shreds and eat them are also exempt from said karma.
    You dumb ass!
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:39
    You find fault where there is no fault, these verse,s where close at hand, but I am not going to go through a million verse,s to satisfy your curiosity.

You can go through the entire Vedanta teachings, and in the end your conclusion will be the same as mine,....but I am not going to do your home work for you.

Your approach to the spiritual understan ...[text shortened]... ent, do not eat flesh, it is low class and destroys the chances of making spiritual advancement.
    I've been meaning to ask this for a while...why do you accuse people of having a fault finding attitude (as if it is a bad thing - often it isn't) when you possess precisely the same attitude when it comes to discussing science??? 😕
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:40
    I've been meaning to ask this for a while...why do you accuse people of having a fault finding attitude (as if it is a bad thing - often it isn't) when you possess precisely the same attitude when it comes to discussing science??? 😕
    You dumb ass !
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:422 edits
    You dumb ass!
    Probably one of your most well thought out and enlightened rebuttals yet...congratulations!

It is let down only by the trifling observation that it completely fails to answer my contention and adds zero to the discussion. Nice ad hominem though...you're getting better.

*edit* this post applies to your latter also.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:48
    Probably one of your most enlightened rebuttals yet...congratulations!

It is let down only by the trifling observation that it completely fails to answer my contention. Nice ad hominem though...you're getting better.

*edit* this post applies to your latter also.
    You come into the spirituality forum, only to spout all your science goobly gook, but i am one that does not accept it, you are a dumb ass, not being rude, but thats what you are!
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:541 edit

Your approach to the spiritual understan ...[text shortened]... ent, do not eat flesh, it is low class and destroys the chances of making spiritual advancement.
    Evidently you don't have the verses to back it up. I "find fault" in your posts because there is fault to be found. Here you've made an assertion that you evidently can't back up. Are you really so arrogant that you expect people to immediately recognize you as the font of all knowledge and to bow down to your proclamations? If you really understood Vedanta half as well as you seem to put on, you wouldn't have to "go through a million verses" in order to back up your assertion. Instead you show yourself as a prideful poser who starts spewing venom whenever you are challenged.

Also you often make assumptions and attack those assumptions in your posts. Yet another thing you have in common with fundamentalist Christians. Here's a prime example: I'm a vegetarian.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:54
    You come into the spirituality forum, only to spout all your science goobly gook, but i am one that does not accept it, you are a dumb ass, not being rude, but thats what you are!
    I don't think any of the posts I made which prompted your claim I'm a dumb ass actually contained any science in them.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 18:03
    Evidently you don't have the verses to back it up. I "find fault" in your posts because there is fault to be found. Here you've made an assertion that you evidently can't back up. Are you really so arrogant that you expect people to immediately recognize you as the font of all knowledge and to bow down to your proclamations? If you really understood Vedan ...[text shortened]... ve in common with fundamentalist Christians. Here's a prime example: I'm a vegetarian.
    Are you really so arrogant that you expect people to immediately recognize you as the font of all knowledge and to bow down to your proclamations?

Based on the evidence of his postings, that is exactly right,
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 18:14
    Evidently you don't have the verses to back it up. I "find fault" in your posts because there is fault to be found. Here you've made an assertion that you evidently can't back up. Are you really so arrogant that you expect people to immediately recognize you as the font of all knowledge and to bow down to your proclamations? If you really understood Vedan ...[text shortened]... ve in common with fundamentalist Christians. Here's a prime example: I'm a vegetarian.
    I clearly answered your original question, but because you are a dumb ass, you have not the intelligence to understand, so go back and eat some more meat, and destroy some more brain cells....good luck with that.

Isnt it funny how when one dumb ass speaks out, then all the other dumb ass,s show up, and come to his defence...its so funny.

End of communication
  13. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 18:19
    You havn,t heard a lot of things, because your not looking!
    So if I “looked” at an animal in the slaughter house, I will see that it can “smell the death and fear” ? Have you ever done this in a slaughter house?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 18:262 edits
    I clearly answered your original question, but because you are a dumb ass, you have not the intelligence to understand, so go back and eat some more meat, and destroy some more brain cells....good luck with that.

Isnt it funny how when one dumb ass speaks out, then all the other dumb ass,s show up, and come to his defence...its so funny.

End of communication
    Once again:
    Also you often make assumptions and attack those assumptions in your posts. Yet another thing you have in common with fundamentalist Christians. Here's a prime example: I'm a vegetarian.

You're really kidding yourself if you think you answered my original question. Based on your earlier post, it would seem that you recognize this at least on some level.

You should really explore other flavors of Vedanta. Clearly the one you currently practice isn't working for you.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 22:15

End of communication
    You are a master of irony.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree