War Crimes of Atheism

War Crimes of Atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
27 Feb 19

@sonship said
@DeepThought

Actually religion. Atheism has had no part in shaping a society in which a woman might not want a child. Religion has. If atheism did not exist then abortions would still proceed.

My question was - WHICH do you think more likely fuels the ideology leading to mass termination of the lives of unborn women.

It appears to me that you are a ...[text shortened]... ple without souls, and some Evolution theory added in).

I expect people to be honest about it.
Religion for the reasons I said earlier. Abortion is an ancient procedure. They used pennyroyal in the medieval era, there was no large scale atheist movement pushing abortion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 19
1 edit

@DeepThought

Religion for the reasons I said earlier. Abortion is an ancient procedure. They used pennyroyal in the medieval era, there was no large scale atheist movement pushing abortion.

My question was about which of two ideologies more furnishes support to the large scale abortion movement.

Few here want to recognize that more fuel has been derived from materialist atheistic view then biblical theism.

We just see here various ways to dance around the obvious answer.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Feb 19

@sonship

Stalin and Hitler both had moustaches. Maybe 'facial' hair' was the reason for their acts of genocide.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Feb 19

@sonship said
@DeepThought

My question was about which of two ideologies more furnishes support to the large scale abortion movement.

Few here want to recognize that more fue ...[text shortened]... ic view then biblical theism.

We just see here various ways to dance around the obvious answer.
Please elaborate on this 'materialist atheistic view' and why these two terms belong together. Do all people who live a life void of God, as a consequence, become materialistic?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Please elaborate on this 'materialist atheistic view' and why these two terms belong together. Do all people who live a life void of God, as a consequence, become materialistic?

Which group do you find more likely to reason that the fetus is not a person ?

It is not an argument that only atheist doctors perform abortions or that no Christians seek them.

The rationale, the fueling for the termination of millions of unborn women is more likely to come from which worldview?

Man created in the image of God.
There is no God.

D

Moves
27 Feb 19
1 edit

D

Moves
27 Feb 19

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Feb 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Which group do you find more likely to reason that the fetus is not a person ?

It is not an argument that only atheist doctors perform abortions or that n ...[text shortened]... s more likely to come from which worldview?

Man created in the image of God.
There is no God.
Since 1973, no institution in the United States has been more firmly committed to protecting the unborn than the Catholic Church. Yet Catholics are just as likely to procure an abortion as other U.S. women. Why?

According to the latest numbers from the Guttmacher Institute, 24 percent of women who procure abortions identify as Catholic, almost the same as 22 percent of all U.S. women who called themselves Catholic in a 2014 survey by Pew Research Center. In the same sources, evangelical Protestants made up 27 percent of all women in the United States but only 13 percent of those who underwent abortions, revealing a greater reluctance toward choosing abortion, a greater reluctance toward revealing their religion on a survey or both.

www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2018/01/24/catholics-are-just-likely-get-abortion-other-us-women-why

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Feb 19

@sonship

The Guardian reports that 'Western Europe has the world’s lowest termination rate: 12 a year for every 1,000 women of reproductive age. The more godly North America aborts 19 foetuses for every 1,000 women.'

D

Moves
27 Feb 19

D

Moves
27 Feb 19

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 19
9 edits

@Duchess64

Contrary to Sonship's usual absurd claims about history, no historian seriously believes
that Stalin, as an adult, was not an atheist.
I'm not sure if you made a typo or what you mean

Quote the sentence in which I said definitely that Stalin was or was not an atheist.

The only sentence I wrote stating his faith conviction was sarcasm directed at atheist apologists I have heard saying that because he went to seminary and was hoped at one point to be a priest, he was a Christian.

I wrote:
A lot of cherry picking goes on to expose or defend 20th tyrants as Christian or Atheist.

Hitler an [edited] altar boy so he was Christian
Stalin in seminary so he was Christian.

Now if you want to believe atheistic philosophy had nothing to do with Stalin's Soviet Union you go ahead and believe that.

Marx called religion the opiate of the people.
And I have a quote that Statin said that they were not fighting against the clergy but against God.

So whether he personally was an atheist, I don't know.
That his behavior was more influenced by Karl Marx and then Jesus doesn't take the reading of many biographies of Joseph Stalin.

He spent some time in an Orthodox Seminary during which time he was also a street gang leader. I dont know what was deep in his spirit and heart. I know what his actions were and he looked not to Christian theology but Marx's Communism.

During his time in power, Stalin had a complex relationship with religion. He officially adopted the Russian Communist Party’s stance on religion, claiming atheism and continuing the tradition of teaching atheism in schools and propagating the idea that religion was only damaging to a perfect communist society. Stalin even took it further than his predecessor, Lenin, and initiated a nationwide campaign to destroy churches and religious property and even persecute and kill church officials.3 It is said that under Stalin, the Russian Orthodox Church went from 50,000 to 500 open and operating churches.4

https://hollowverse.com/joseph-stalin/

From same article

Stalin once said:

You know, they are fooling us, there is no God… all this talk about God is sheer nonsense.5

But during World War II, Stalin eased up considerably on religion. He allowed for tens of thousands of Russian Orthodox churches to reopen, adopted an official policy of tolerance toward Muslims,6 and re-established the hierarchy of leadership in the Russian Orthodox Church.7 There were even rumors that Stalin had reconsidered his own personal relationship to religion when he took a “mysterious retreat” in 1941.8

But for all accounts and purposes, Stalin was a hardcore atheist until the day he died.

Serious history regarding him as an atheist. I DON'T KNOW.
I don't care except about what he DID and where his influences came from. In some senses he broke from Marx's ideas.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 19
3 edits

Years ago in the 70s I had dinner with a couple who had traveled to Albania part then of the Soviet Union..

They spoke of the secret police that watched them. They said the rode in a taxi cab with a silent man in the back seat. To their surprise he finally revealed that he spoke perfect English. He was listening to their conversation and subtly let them know it.

They told me they discovered at that time the official state religion of Albania was atheism.

F

Moves
27 Feb 19

@sonship said
Marx called religion the opiate of the people.
You seem opiated by your religion, for example. Maybe that's the kind of thing Marx meant.

F

Moves
27 Feb 19

@sonship said
Years ago in the 70s I had dinner with a couple who had traveled to Albania part then of the Soviet Union..

They spoke of the secret police that watched them. They said the rode in a taxi cab with a silent man in the back seat. To their surprise he finally revealed that he spoke perfect English. He was listening to their conversation and subtly let them know it.

They told me they discovered at that time the official state religion of Albania was atheism.
Albania was part of the Soviet Union? Oh yeah?