Was man really made from mud?

Was man really made from mud?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Feb 08

This is basically a starter question for a debate I'm going to start in a week or so's time. I just need some information, especially from religious branch of RHP.

Do you literally believe man was made from mud?
Do you literally believe Eve was made from one of his ribs?
Do you literally believe the biblical garden of Eden existed, apple and all?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Feb 08

Originally posted by shavixmir
Can't there be carbon in mud?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Feb 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Can't there be carbon in mud?
Presumably yes.

However, I'm basically interested in the pure biblical version of matters and if anybody actually believes God made man out of mud, etc.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Feb 08

Presumably yes.

However, I'm basically interested in the pure biblical version of matters and if anybody actually believes God made man out of mud, etc.
What else can you call primordial soup?

s

England

Moves
20 Feb 08
1 edit

. I just need some information, especially from religious branch of RHP.

Do you literally believe the biblical garden of Eden existed, apple and all?[/b]
dust of the earth towhich your body returns.
more to the point eve was created for man, as god thought he was lonely, not sure about the rib tho.
Eden yes, apple no it was the fruit from the tree of knowledge tasted good to beliving they would know all things, decived.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Feb 08

What else can you call primordial soup?
Maybe.
There's still a big difference if man evolved from chicken bits in the soup or if God made him outta the lentils.

If you're religious answer the questions, if not, just leave the thread be for the time being. I'm not attacking religion. I've heard a theory and I'm using this as a bit of research to beef the thread up with, when it comes along.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Feb 08

Maybe.
There's still a big difference if man evolved from chicken bits in the soup or if God made him outta the lentils.

If you're religious answer the questions, if not, just leave the thread be for the time being. I'm not attacking religion. I've heard a theory and I'm using this as a bit of research to beef the thread up with, when it comes along.
Eh? I'll post here if I want to. You're free to ignore me, obviously.

I prefer defending the compatibility between non-fundamentalist Christian views and Science, so that's why I'm trying to do.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Feb 08

Eh? I'll post here if I want to. You're free to ignore me, obviously.

I prefer defending the compatibility between non-fundamentalist Christian views and Science, so that's why I'm trying to do.
Your time will come young padawan.

s

England

Moves
20 Feb 08

not like my reply????

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Feb 08

Originally posted by stoker
not like my reply????
Sort of.
πŸ™‚

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 08

This is basically a starter question for a debate I'm going to start in a week or so's time. I just need some information, especially from religious branch of RHP.

Do you literally believe the biblical garden of Eden existed, apple and all?
What's wrong with a literal interpretation?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Feb 08

Originally posted by josephw
What's wrong with a literal interpretation?
From my point of view, quite a lot.
However, I'm not interested in my point of view at this moment in time.

What's yours?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Feb 08

From my point of view, quite a lot.
However, I'm not interested in my point of view at this moment in time.

What's yours?
Well, I had tried replying to this post a few days ago when this site went down right in front of my eyes, but I have forgotten what I had said.

This is virtually pointless. If there is a God, then it is only logical that if He communicated His will to us He would also keep that information uncorrupted. A literal interpretation is the safest way to understand the Bible. Except where it is obvious that the Bible is allegorical or metaphorical, a literal interpretation of the plain meaning is the only way to avoid complication and confusion.
It is always in the best interest of the naysayers to promote the idea that God doesn't really mean what He says for the purpose of controlling what and how one believes.
The best way to even begin to understand the Bible is to at least pretend to assume that the author is God and simply take Him at His word.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
23 Feb 08

i found a paper in my room, and i didnt write on it, really i didnt, it sais:

''God does not exist.

regards,
God''

now thats wicked ha? specialy if you strust him for his word. seriously, that dude doesnt make sense man
i kept the paper thoπŸ™‚

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
24 Feb 08

Originally posted by josephw
Well, I had tried replying to this post a few days ago when this site went down right in front of my eyes, but I have forgotten what I had said.

This is virtually pointless. If there is a God, then it is only logical that if He communicated His will to us He would also keep that information uncorrupted. A literal interpretation is the safest way to unders ...[text shortened]... Bible is to at least pretend to assume that the author is God and simply take Him at His word.
It is documented quite clearly that the bible has been written by men and furthermore The OT is a translation from an obscure language, and the English (if English is your primary language?) version you studied is a translation of an interpretation of a book which has been edited, changed and generally fiddled with by various churches along the way.

So my question for you is this? which version of gods exact words do you take literally?