1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 11:34
    Hebrew is quite difficult to translate.
    I mean, they constantly mistake facists by calling them zionists.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 12:351 edit
    The Muslims try to get around the 'no corruption' issue by claiming that the Qu'ran - which is incorruptible - is not the Book or any translation thereof but some hypothetical thing in the minds of some people. OK, I don't actually know what they mean, but they do realize the problem with claiming that a book cannot be corrupted.

I am actually surprised nobody has pointed out that no apples were mentioned in genesis.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 18:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    We can therefore conclude that without a doubt the Bible can not possibly be a communication from God. The Bible is provably both corrupted and corruptible. Different translations differ in both meaning and content - and I can quite easily produce a translation that is provably corrupted.

[b]A literal interpretation is the safest way to understand the ...[text shortened]... nly sheep and goats will get to Judgment day? How do you know what is parable and what is not?
    Immagine that we were sitting face to face and casually having a freindly conversation. And I say, "hey twhitehead, I know something you don't know". You could say, "big deal, we all know something someone doesn't know." Then admittedly it's true, we can indeed know something the other doesn't know. Well, as soon as I say, "I know the creator of the universe in a personal way", I become suspect, and my sanity is brought into question.

What can I say? All I can say is what I've been saying all along. But when I say it I look and sound like a fool. Do you think it's easy? Nobody wants to be a fool.

So when I say I know God in a personal way, maybe it just might be true that I know something you don't know. All you can do is either think I'm a fool, or maybe I'm not. Either way I'll probably still sound like a fool.

Immagine this one. If it were true that there is a God and the Bible was in fact His Word, then all the confusion about it being true is perfectly plausible. Would the enemy of God want you to know the truth? Would he not confound the issue so completely, such as it is, so that it becomes virtually imposible for someone like me to unravel the lie in a way that someone like you could at least see a glimmer of light in the matter? I doubt it. But I don't know you. Maybe inside you're thinking that what you do know isn't really sheading much light on the truth of it all, and you're afraid to admit it to yourself for fear of becoming a fool. Most likely you think this is just a bunch of jibberish.
  4. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 22:39
    The Muslims try to get around the 'no corruption' issue by claiming that the Qu'ran - which is incorruptible - is not the Book or any translation thereof but some hypothetical thing in the minds of some people. OK, I don't actually know what they mean, but they do realize the problem with claiming that a book cannot be corrupted.

I am actually surprised nobody has pointed out that no apples were mentioned in genesis.
    Not quite.... I was involved in a thread where the Koran was said to be the verbal reading of the book. When I asked where it came from, and how they knew it wasn't changed, it was said to have been from one original manuscript, - get this - constructed from all the previous documents, which were then destroyed (4th somebody calif?)! It showed that there was an understanding of the issues the early christians faced trying to make the bible irrefutable and consistent. This appeared to have been solved by declaring that translation could only ever be approximate, and that you then would have to read Arabic to understand the Koran.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 09:072 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Immagine that we were sitting face to face and casually having a freindly conversation. And I say, "hey twhitehead, I know something you don't know". You could say, "big deal, we all know something someone doesn't know." Then admittedly it's true, we can indeed know something the other doesn't know. Well, as soon as I say, "I know the creator of the universe in a personal way", I become suspect, and my sanity is brought into question.
    No, your sanity comes into question when you make statements to the effect that there exists a book that is incorruptible, and when taken to task you claim that the book is fine, it is the devil in my glasses that makes me see the corruption.

I have a copy of the Bible, in which I have inserted the text "God does not exist". Do you:
    1. Admit that I have corrupted the Bible - and you were therefore wrong.
    2. Admit that God does not exist - and you were therefore wrong.
    3. Use the Holy Spirit to interpret the phrase to mean something else.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 17:19
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    This is basically a starter question for a debate I'm going to start in a week or so's time. I just need some information, especially from religious branch of RHP.

Do you literally believe man was made from mud?
    Do you literally believe Eve was made from one of his ribs?
    Do you literally believe the biblical garden of Eden existed, apple and all?
    Mud spontaneously formed into humans. There was no maker.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 17:20
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    i found a paper in my room, and i didnt write on it, really i didnt, it sais:

''God does not exist.

regards,
    God''

now thats wicked ha? specialy if you strust him for his word. seriously, that dude doesnt make sense man
    i kept the paper tho🙂
    Maybe the last part was just poor English. Maybe the author meant to write "This note is regarding God".
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 08:201 edit
    No, your sanity comes into question when you make statements to the effect that there exists a book that is incorruptible, and when taken to task you claim that the book is fine, it is the devil in my glasses that makes me see the corruption.

I have a copy of the Bible, in which I have inserted the text "God does not exist". Do you:
    1. Admit that I ha ...[text shortened]... were therefore wrong.
    3. Use the Holy Spirit to interpret the phrase to mean something else.
    you cannot corrupt the bible because it is read only and you didn't have write privileges given by the Holy Spirit administrator.
    so by adding that line you are simply turning the bible into toilet paper.

the holy bible(the word of God), the one where the all-mighty orders a widow to remain in mourning for the rest of her pathetic life and the child of an unmarried woman to be ignored until his tenth generation will still remain in a vatican library somewhere

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree