1. London
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 12:06
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Virgin birth is a confusing subject in general. I have found an enlightening (pro-Christian) web article which I generally concur with (http://www.athmaprakashini.com/virginbirth.htm). Careful reading of it should reveal why "parallellists" such as myself are justified in their views that Christ's birth echoes others (e.g. Horus) as well as why Chri ...[text shortened]... ve sexual relationship with Mary "till she had brought forth her first-born son" (Matt. 1:25).
    Where did I say "you are confused"???
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 12:11
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Where did I say "you are confused"???
    Call it an interpretation 🙂
  3. London
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 12:44
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Call it an interpretation 🙂
    And Merry Christmas to you too! 🙂
  4. Joined
    14 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 08:12
    Originally posted by joelek
    Matthew and Luke are the only two gospels that record the birth of Jesus.

Matthew 1:18-25:

This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, [b]she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit
    . Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not wa ...[text shortened]... e had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.[/b]
    A very good Professor said that Mary and Joseph already were into un marrital encounters, so as to not get stoned to death. They knew of the so call prophecy, and together saved their lives by telling every one that she was still a virgin, and that she would bare a child from the Holy Spirit.. Hey I just read that, if its true,, I do not know
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 08:38
    Originally posted by SavageChezz
    A very good Professor said that Mary and Joseph already were into un marrital encounters, so as to not get stoned to death. They knew of the so call prophecy, and together saved their lives by telling every one that she was still a virgin, and that she would bare a child from the Holy Spirit.. Hey I just read that, if its true,, I do not know
    There is a relatively early story circulated that Mary was assaulted by a Roman
    soldier. The Jewish culture of the time didn't care whether or not Mary consented,
    she would have been an outcast as a result.

I can't remember the citation for it, though. It's pretty early, though (2nd century?).

Nemesio
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 09:20
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    There is a relatively early story circulated that Mary was assaultedby a Roman soldier.
    The story cropped up in a BBC documentary.

"There is a tradition from at least the 2nd century onwards that says that Jesus’ father was actually a Roman soldier called Panthera and that he raped Mary or that Mary had an adulterous relationship with him. This seems to have been quite popular in anti-Christian circles but the tradition is unlikely to have any historical basis. It’s not historically impossible that Mary could have been raped by a Roman soldier, but the whole story is much likelier to have been anti-Christian slander from the 2nd century".
    (http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/programmes/mary/evidence/3.shtml)
  7. Joined
    23 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 16:54
    Mary
  8. Joined
    23 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 16:59
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Does "Immaculate Conception" refer to Mary or Jesus?
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Does "Immaculate Conception" refer to Mary or Jesus?

Sorry this is what I meant to answer

Mary

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree