1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 04:161 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The Bible.
    So your inquiry into the veracity of what the Bible says is built upon the premise that the veracity of what the Bible says, preemptively, as it were, is a given, is that right?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 04:22
    I cannot dispute your bringing up suicide bombers. To me, they are "madmen".

Edit: although I don't view the death of Peter as anything close to the same thing.
    This answer of yours has simply sidestepped the main point I made to you which was that... 'How firmly people believed something' is evidence of nothing much aside from the state of mind of the people dying and the notions and beliefs that they internalized during their lifetimes.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 04:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    So your inquiry into the veracity of what the Bible says is built upon the premise that the veracity of what the Bible says, preemptively, as it were, is a given, is that right?
    So are you implying that there is no evidence apart from the Bible for the veracity of what the Bible says?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 05:101 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So are you implying that there is no evidence apart from the Bible for the veracity of what the Bible says?
    If there is no evidence apart from the Bible itself for the veracity of what the Bible says then that is a textbook case of circular reasoning. If that's good enough for you, intellectually speaking, so be it. But it is something you ought to acknowledge when discussing your "evidence" with people who don't subscribe to ~ in your case ~ ancient Hebrew mythology and those writings about Jesus produced in the decades and centuries after his death.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 05:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    If there is no evidence apart from the Bible itself for the veracity of what the Bible says then that is a textbook case of circular reasoning. If that's good enough for you, intellectually speaking, so be it. But it is something you ought to acknowledge when discussing your "evidence" with people who don't subscribe to ~ in your case ~ ancient Hebrew mythology and those writings about Jesus produced in the decades and centuries after his death.
    Are you implying there is no evidence for the veracity of the Bible apart from the Bible itself? Yes or No?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 05:57
    Are you implying there is no evidence for the veracity of the Bible apart from the Bible itself? Yes or No?
    I gave you my answer. If you have any evidence to corroborate the claims that Christians make about Jesus, and about things like who met him, and who it actually was who wrote what and when they did it, by which I mean evidence that is not merely stuff that is contained in your supposedly self-verifying bible, then feel free to present it.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 06:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    I gave you my answer. If you have any evidence to corroborate the claims that Christians make about Jesus, and about things like who met him, and who it actually was who wrote what and when they did it, by which I mean evidence that is not merely stuff that is contained in your supposedly self-verifying bible, then feel free to present it.
    I have presented you with evidence before. Why are you pretending to have forgotten?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 06:19
    I have presented you with evidence before. Why are you pretending to have forgotten?
    You are mistaken. You haven't presented any evidence that the words attributed to a man referred to as "Peter" were spoken by or written by someone who met Jesus. That is what is being discussed here. So I am not "pretending" anything. If you think you have presented evidence that is taken from sources other than the bible and which establishes or corroborates that the "Peter" chaney3 is referring to is a man who met Jesus, then point to the post in which you did this?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 07:06
    Why don't you care about Peter?

Isn't he a saint?
    What's a saint?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 07:08
    Peter knew Jesus, personally.

Why did you say "who cares"?
    Outside of possibly some Catholics, nobody cares.
    It's not a difficult concept I'm floating here.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 07:09
    I cannot dispute your bringing up suicide bombers. To me, they are "madmen".
    The deciles were also called madmen
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 07:101 edit
    There's always a bunch of your universal truths 😵
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 07:12
    What evidence?
    You were caught copy/pasting a list of alleged soucrces and presenting as your own.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 07:242 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What evidence?
    You were caught copy/pasting a list of alleged soucrces and presenting as your own.
    So since I am not a Bible scholar I have to find my own evidence and can't use the findings of someone else who actually is a Bible scholar? And this is you being serious?

As a Christian, would you say there is no evidence to support your belief in the Bible?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 07:52
    As a Christian, would you say there is no evidence to support your belief in the Bible?
    Is this in connection with whether Peter was crucified upside-down?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree