1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 08:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Outside of possibly some Catholics, nobody cares.
    It's not a difficult concept I'm floating here.
    Peter was a disciple of Jesus.

Why the harsh words towards him? What's this problem you're having with Peter?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 09:11
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The Bible.
    But just 5 minutes ago you were discrediting the bible. But now, because it suits your purpose, you are citing it as evidence. Is that what you are telling us Chaney?!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 09:15
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    But just 5 minutes ago you were discrediting the bible. But now, because it suits your purpose, you are citing it as evidence. Is that what you are telling us Chaney?!
    You quote the Bible all the time in this forum Ghost.

I will now consider you a Christian.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 09:221 edit
    You quote the Bible all the time in this forum Ghost.

I will now consider you a Christian.
    I quote Dickens, that doesn't make me Oliver Twist.

Look, you are the one who just used the bible as a source of evidence when you have said previously:

"I don't trust what happened at the Council of Nicea. I don't trust the men who decided which books to include and exclude. Something seems wrong, to me."
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 09:30
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I quote Dickens, that doesn't make me Oliver Twist?

Look, you are the one who just used the bible as a source of evidence when you have said previously:

"I don't trust what happened at the Council of Nicea. I don't trust the men who decided which books to include and exclude. Something seems wrong, to me."
    Do my doubts about the Bible exclude me from providing a reference of Peter in the Bible? Of course not.

Otherwise, atheists wouldn't be permitted to quote the Bible either.

The Bible says that Peter knew Jesus. That was the answer I gave FMF. Can you please tell me how that is in error?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 14:20
    Do my doubts about the Bible exclude me from providing a reference of Peter in the Bible? Of course not.

Otherwise, atheists wouldn't be permitted to quote the Bible either.

The Bible says that Peter knew Jesus. That was the answer I gave FMF. Can you please tell me how that is in error?
    You used the bible as evidence of Peter's existence, having repeatedly posted how you didn't value the bible as a reliable source of knowledge.

Do you really not see the contradiction and would you like me to walk you through it?
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 17:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is this in connection with whether Peter was crucified upside-down?
    There is no evidence in the Bible that Peter was crucified upside-down. Any evidence of such claims are from other sources.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 18:42
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So since I am not a Bible scholar I have to find my own evidence and can't use the findings of someone else who actually is a Bible scholar? And this is you being serious?
    Yes, perfectly serious.

At that time FMF asked you for the evidence you claimed supported your view of the Bible. What you posted was not your "evidence" at all, it was a copy/pasted and list of types of sources that COULD be evidence. Such as for example "proof of science" "proof of prophesy" "historical proof".

You had no actual evidence yourself, you just copy/pasted someone else's list without acknowledging them. In short is was plagiarism and lies.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 18:55
    Yes, perfectly serious.

At that time FMF asked you for the evidence you claimed supported your view of the Bible. What you posted was not your "evidence" at all, it was a copy/pasted and list of types of sources that COULD be evidence. Such as for example "proof of science" "proof of prophesy" "historical proof".

You had no actual evidence yourse ...[text shortened]... copy/pasted someone else's list without acknowledging them. In short is was plagiarism and lies.
    Don't be silly, no one owns evidence. If evidence does exist for the veracity of the Bible, no one can claim ownership of it. I had posted a link for the source. You can claim they are lies till you are blue in the face. Until you actually demonstrate why they are lies don't expect anyone to believe you. Are you saying there is no historical evidence to corroborate the events in the Bible?

http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 19:54
    Don't be silly, no one owns evidence. If evidence does exist for the veracity of the Bible, no one can claim ownership of it. I had posted a link for the source. You can claim they are lies till you are blue in the face. Until you actually demonstrate why they are lies don't expect anyone to believe you. Are you saying there is no historical evidence to ...[text shortened]... Bible?

http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources
    You didn't post "evidence" you posted a list of some else's types of things that MIGHT be evidence. Your a liar, a plagiarist and a troll.

You were never in a cult either you posted someone else's experience when you described that! You're a liar, a plagiarist and a troll.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 01:13
    Originally posted by vivify
    The Bible doesn't mention Peter being killed, but some Christian traditions hold that he was.

Is this belief considered to be true by most Christians? If so, what basis is there for this to be accepted as true? If not, why do you oppose this view?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
    If Peter existed and was crucified by the Romans then it is entirely plausible that they would crucify him upside down. The legionaries whose job it was would put people in any position. It's historically consistent.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 04:212 edits
    You didn't post "evidence" you posted a list of some else's types of things that MIGHT be evidence. Your a liar, a plagiarist and a troll.

You were never in a cult either you posted someone else's experience when you described that! You're a liar, a plagiarist and a troll.
    Oh yes you are the only one who is in the position to decide for everyone what is evidence and what is not.

Your accusations make you sound like a troll. I believe the link I quoted provided evidence. The fact is I know the truth about my background and you don't, if you want to think it's a lie that's fine by me.

Since you believe there is no evidence for the veracity of the Bible, would you describe your belief in it as 'blind faith'?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 04:40
    I believe the link I quoted provided evidence.
    The link did not provide any evidence supporting the claims Christians make about supernatural beings and phenomena.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 05:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    The link did not provide any evidence supporting the claims Christians make about supernatural beings and phenomena.
    What in your opinion would qualify as evidence for the claims made in the Bible?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 05:25
    What in your opinion would qualify as evidence for the claims made in the Bible?
    Try me with some of your ideas of proof that you think substantiate your superstitious beliefs and I will tell you if I find them credible or not.*

* You, of course, know full well that you have asked me this question before at least once, and I answered it on those occasions. However, as is your wont, you ignored it at the time, and now you here you are again, as usual, just repeating it as if the previous 'conversation' never happened.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree