1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 23:452 edits
    Originally posted by Dasa
    This is incorrect.

The soul and the spirit is the same thing.

That only leaves us with the soul and the body.

The soul does not interact with others - because the soul is asleep and has given power of attorney over to the mind and body and false ego and material intelligence and the sense,s.

The materialistic person with his body is only a puppet i ...[text shortened]... ted from this dreaming condition - that is when true joy, love, bliss and eternality is enjoyed.
    Dasa you are almost right but not exactly. At least you have a better idea than do the
    Jehovah's Witnesses, who think the body and the soul are the same. Let me first give you
    some background information from the Holy Bible.

At the creation of man we are told:
    Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the
    breath of life; and man became a living being.
    (Genesis 2:7 NASB) The KJV translates this man became a living soul.

After the first man disobey, God speaks to him:
    Then to Adam He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have
    eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’;
    Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.
    Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; and you will eat the plants of the field;
    by the sweat of your face you will eat bread, till you return to the ground,
    because from it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

(Genesis 3:17-19 NASB)

Christ tells His disciples,
    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear
    Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

(Matthew 10:28 NASB)

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken
    to you are spirit and are life."
    (John 6:63 NASB)

Christ says, "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
    (John 4:24 NASB)

Paul writes to the church of the Thessalonians:
    "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul
    and body
    be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
    (1 Thessalonians 5:23 NASB)

Paul writes to the church of the Corithians:
    "For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building
    from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." ...
    "Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the
    body we are absent from the Lord—for we walk by faith, not by sight—we are of good courage,
    I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.
    Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.
    For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be
    recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."
    (2 Corithians 5:1,6-10 NASB)

And to the Hebrews the following is written:
    For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and
    piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow,
    and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
    (Hebrews 4:12 NASB)

Christ speaks about unclean spirits to the scribes and Pharisees:
    “Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking
    rest, and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’;
    and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and takes
    along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there;
    and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also
    be with this evil generation.”
    (matthew 12:43-45

christ casts out unclean spirits from a demon possessed man.

They came to the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gerasenes. When He got
    out of the boat, immediately a man from the tombs with an unclean spirit met Him, and he
    had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one was able to bind him anymore, even with a
    chain; because he had often been bound with shackles and chains, and the chains had been
    torn apart by him and the shackles broken in pieces, and no one was strong enough to
    subdue him. Constantly, night and day, he was screaming among the tombs and in the
    mountains, and gashing himself with stones. Seeing Jesus from a distance, he ran up and
    bowed down before Him; and shouting with a loud voice, he said, “What business do we have
    with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!”
    For He had been saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!” And He was
    asking him, “What is your name?” And he *said to Him, “My name is Legion; for we are many.”
    And he began to implore Him earnestly not to send them out of the country. Now there was a
    large herd of swine feeding nearby on the mountain. The demons implored Him, saying, “Send
    us into the swine so that we may enter them.” Jesus gave them permission. And coming out,
    the unclean spirits entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea,
    about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.

Their herdsmen ran away and reported it in the city and in the country. And the people came
    to see what it was that had happened. They came to Jesus and observed the man who had been
    demon-possessed sitting down, clothed and in his right mind, the very man who had had the
    “legion”; and they became frightened. Those who had seen it described to them how it had
    happened to the demon-possessed man, and all about the swine. And they began to implore
    Him to leave their region. As He was getting into the boat, the man who had been
    demon-possessed was imploring Him that he might accompany Him. And He did not let him, but
    He said to him, “Go home to your people and report to them what great things the Lord has
    done for you, and how He had mercy on you.” And he went away and began to proclaim in
    Decapolis what great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed.

We can see from these verses from the Holy Bible that there is a definite distinction
    between body and soul and spirit. Only God can divide the soul from the spirit and
    destroy the soul. But man can kill the body. There are also unclean spirits of demons
    that can invade a man's body and take control.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 23:53
    Originally posted by JS357
    Me: "...you are almost calling one another infidels over such details"

You: "It is the Muslims that call the unbelievers in Islam "infidels" not us Christians. "

Me: I said "almost." But would you buy "heretics?" That would do, for the intent of my statement. I'm not prideful about my choice of words. I am imperfect.
    Yes.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 15:581 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you think it is possible to be not spiritual and not be materialistic?
    Every living thing in reality is spiritual - and you cannot change that even if you tried - but we have simply all been put into a sleeping condition and have forgotten our true natures and our true selves and our true home.

True religion taught by the Vedas can wake us all up from our sleeping state and we can all become self realized and give up the materialistic lives we at present embrace - and then go on to develop our lost love for God and then return home to the eternal spiritual world and never have to return to this temporary world of suffering ever again.

A person can give up being materialistic by being spiritualistic instead.

But the greater part of being spiritualistic is within our own consciousness.

One still has to work and live in this world when they embrace the spiritualistic...........but they may do different work and they will definatley behave differently than before.

They will read different literature and associate with different people and give up their vices.......and follow spiritual practices taught in the Vedas for purification of heart and mind.............all done to raise the consciousness towards self realization and love of God.

In summary you cannot be ..... not materialistic and not spiritualistic at the same time - because not being spiritualistic actually makes you materialistic.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 16:061 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Dasa you are almost right but not exactly. At least you have a better idea than do the
    Jehovah's Witnesses, who think the body and the soul are the same. Let me first give you
    some background information from the Holy Bible.

[b]At the creation of man we are told:

Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostril are also unclean spirits of demons
    that can invade a man's body and take control.[/b]
    The soul cannot be destroyed under any circumstance.

The soul is eternal just as God is eternal.

I have told you this many times.

The spiritual energy is eternal and indestructible.

You are spiritual energy within this temporary material body.

The body is not you- and will eventually become dust.

You can never die...........*that is the real you - the soul within..
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 16:36

You and RJH talking to each other is like watching a Punch and Judy puppet show.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 20:421 edit

What is your proof that the soul cannot be destroyed under any circumstance?

I gave you my proof as a statement from the Son of God. You only gave your
    opinion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree