1. Standard memberchaney3online
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29702
    17 Sep '15 00:02
    Everything that I know and read about Christianity revolves around 'believing' in Jesus......BUT, it is only in reference to the afterlife. To our eternal 'salvation', or....going to hell.

    On planet earth though, it seems that God could care LESS about human beings. In Luke 12:7 (I think), it states that God knows us by the number of hairs we have, and that if God knows what a sparrow needs, then surely He knows our needs? BS. I saw an immigrant baby wash ashore on a beach......DEAD, in a news photo. God could surely care LESS about this baby. And, there are thousands and thousands of similar stories to account for the care-less attitude of a 'God'.

    Atheists will have nothing to argue with on this thread, claiming that God doesn't exist anyway.

    However, Christians will still......somehow.....claim that God actually cares about us. But, there is NO proof.

    A person could probably believe that some sort of God exists, but could never, ever convince me that this God cares about humans. The evidence is too overwhelming to the contrary.

    We are on our own.......without God.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    17 Sep '15 00:36
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Everything that I know and read about Christianity revolves around 'believing' in Jesus......BUT, it is only in reference to the afterlife. To our eternal 'salvation', or....going to hell.

    On planet earth though, it seems that God could care LESS about human beings. In Luke 12:7 (I think), it states that God knows us by the number of hairs we have, and ...[text shortened]... mans. The evidence is too overwhelming to the contrary.

    We are on our own.......without God.
    Perhaps this could be your theme song. Are there any parts to which you don't agree?

    Dear God, hope you get the letter and
    I pray you can make it better down here
    I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
    But all the people that you made in your image
    See them starving on their feet
    'Cause they don't get enough to eat from God
    I can't believe in you


    Dear God, sorry to disturb you but
    I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
    We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
    And all the people that you made in your image
    See them fighting in the street
    'Cause they can't make opinions meet about God
    I can't believe in you


    Did you make disease and the diamond blue?
    Did you make mankind after we made you?
    And the Devil too!


    Dear God don't know if you noticed but
    Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
    And us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
    And all the people that you made in your image
    Still believing that junk is true
    Well I know it ain't, and so do you
    Dear God
    I can't believe in
    I don't believe


    I won't believe in heaven or hell
    No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
    No pearly gates, no thorny crown
    You're always letting us humans down
    The wars you bring, the babes you drown
    Those lost at sea and never found
    And it's the same the whole world 'round
    The hurt I see helps to compound
    The Father, Son and Holy Ghost
    Is just somebody's unholy hoax
    And if you're up there you'll perceive
    That my heart's here upon my sleeve
    If there's one thing I don't believe in


    It's you
    Dear God
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Sep '15 00:381 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Perhaps this could be your theme song. Are there any parts to which you don't agree?

    Dear God, hope you get the letter and
    I pray you can make it better down here
    I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
    But all the people that you made in your image
    See them starving on their feet
    'Cause they don't get enough to eat from God
    I ca ...[text shortened]... here upon my sleeve
    If there's one thing I don't believe in


    It's you
    Dear God
    From what many say was their best album, Skylarking, although it's interesting to note that they felt the need to not include this song on it for its release in the U.S. 🙂
  4. Standard memberchaney3online
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29702
    17 Sep '15 00:43
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Perhaps this could be your theme song. Are there any parts to which you don't agree?

    Dear God, hope you get the letter and
    I pray you can make it better down here
    I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
    But all the people that you made in your image
    See them starving on their feet
    'Cause they don't get enough to eat from God
    I ca ...[text shortened]... here upon my sleeve
    If there's one thing I don't believe in


    It's you
    Dear God
    My dilemma........ThinkOfOne.........

    Is that I believe in some sort of a Creator. Without the 'Holy Bible', I would have NO idea who this Creator is.....and would only have time to speculate. But......the Bible supposedly tells us who this Creator is......and, gives Him a name. And, tells us that He actually cares about us.

    I think my problem is with the Bible. It is NOT my opinion that it could be possibly true. Which.......leaves millions and millions of people without the 'answer'.

    Example: Without the 'Holy Bible', it would seem okay that a tornado wipes out 100's of homes, and kills 45 people. But.......when the Bible tells us that God cares about every single human being......that is WHEN the questions arise.
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Sep '15 00:51
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Without the 'Holy Bible', it would seem okay that a tornado wipes out 100's of homes, and kills 45 people. But.......when the Bible tells us that God cares about every single human being......that is WHEN the questions arise.
    This is a straw man: Christians do not have an ideology in which their God figure is supposed to intervene when "a tornado wipes out 100's of homes and kills 45 people". Therefore the suggestion that the fate of those 45 people somehow 'proves' that Christian ideology has got its notion of "God" wrong is simply off target.
  6. Standard memberchaney3online
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29702
    17 Sep '15 00:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is a straw man: Christians do not have an ideology in which their God figure is supposed to intervene when "a tornado wipes out 100's of homes and kills 45 people". Therefore the suggestion that the fate of those 45 people somehow 'proves' that Christian ideology has got its notion of "God" wrong is simply off target.
    BS FMF. Christians believe that God cares about them personally.

    You were a Christian, and it is my belief that something terrible, terrible happened to you.

    At this point, you have NO right to claim what a Christian believes. You are an atheist.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    17 Sep '15 00:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    From what many say was their best album, Skylarking, although it's interesting to note that they felt the need to not include this song on it for its release in the U.S. 🙂
    From what I recall, they didn't include it in the original release of the album in the US, because they were afraid of possible backlash. Then some DJs began playing it, it became a hit, then subsequent pressings included the song.
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Sep '15 00:591 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    BS FMF. Christians believe that God cares about them personally.
    You, as a non-Christian, don't get to project onto Christians what they believe this notion of "care" means in real life. And I don't need to be a Christian to point this out to you.
  9. Standard memberchaney3online
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29702
    17 Sep '15 01:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    You, as a non-Christian, don't get to project onto Christians what they believe this notion of "care" means min real life. And I don't need to be a Christian to point this out to you.
    Then......as a current atheist.....you should keep your opinions to yourself, and ignore this forum.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    17 Sep '15 01:09
    Originally posted by chaney3
    My dilemma........ThinkOfOne.........

    Is that I believe in some sort of a Creator. Without the 'Holy Bible', I would have NO idea who this Creator is.....and would only have time to speculate. But......the Bible supposedly tells us who this Creator is......and, gives Him a name. And, tells us that He actually cares about us.

    I think my problem is wi ...[text shortened]... le tells us that God cares about every single human being......that is WHEN the questions arise.
    Without the 'Holy Bible', I would have NO idea who this Creator is.....and would only have time to speculate.

    From what I can tell, WITH the 'Holy Bible' you have "NO idea who this Creator is". True?
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Sep '15 01:13
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Then......as a current atheist.....you should keep your opinions to yourself, and ignore this forum.
    Thread 165242
  12. Standard memberchaney3online
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29702
    17 Sep '15 01:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thread 165242
    The problem with you FMF, is that you never, ever have an opinion of your own. All you do is ask silly questions, and post more absurd questions. You never actually post anything valid.

    Tell us ALL here WHY you are no longer a Christian. NOW. Tell us, then we have something to discuss. Coward. You won't. Just continue to post nonsense questions.

    Coward.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    78558
    17 Sep '15 01:23
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The problem with you FMF, is that you never, ever have an opinion of your own. All you do is ask silly questions, and post more absurd questions. You never actually post anything valid.

    Tell us ALL here WHY you are no longer a Christian. NOW. Tell us, then we have something to discuss. Coward. You won't. Just continue to post nonsense questions.

    Coward.
    No that is simply not true. FMF has made numerous reasonable arguments in threads I have read. I'm yet to read a good post from you, but there is still time.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Sep '15 01:25
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Tell us ALL here WHY you are no longer a Christian. NOW. Tell us, then we have something to discuss. Coward. You won't. Just continue to post nonsense questions.
    I have told you time and time and time again. And every time I do, you simply ignore it.
  15. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    17 Sep '15 01:251 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Everything that I know and read about Christianity revolves around 'believing' in Jesus......BUT, it is only in reference to the afterlife. To our eternal 'salvation', or....going to hell.

    On planet earth though, it seems that God could care LESS about human beings. In Luke 12:7 (I think), it states that God knows us by the number of hairs we have, and ...[text shortened]... mans. The evidence is too overwhelming to the contrary.

    We are on our own.......without God.
    Everything that I know and read about Christianity revolves around 'believing' in Jesus......BUT, it is only in reference to the afterlife. To our eternal 'salvation', or....going to hell.

    This is not true Chaney3.
    Everyone wants to see it to believe, God says believe and you will see.
    Chaney you remind me of Thomas....
    John 20:25

    So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."
    NKJV

    John 20:26-29
    nd after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" 27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

    28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

    29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
    NKJV

    We have great blessings from God NOW, not just in the after life....
Back to Top