1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 22:50
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Everything that I know and read about Christianity revolves around 'believing' in Jesus......BUT, it is only in reference to the afterlife. To our eternal 'salvation', or....going to hell.

On planet earth though, it seems that God could care LESS about human beings. In Luke 12:7 (I think), it states that God knows us by the number of hairs we have, and ...[text shortened]... mans. The evidence is too overwhelming to the contrary.

We are on our own.......without God.
    This is not true, Christianity has God with us in the here and now. If that is all you got from
    the current amount of reading you've done, I suggest you read some more.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 22:532 edits
    Are you an atheist? If so, then it would seem clear to a fool, that you would agree with him.

I am not interested in your opinion. That is the problem with these forums, as an atheist, you should keep your mouth SHUT on God issues. You have NO right to comment.

Ghost.......you are the only atheist who has maintained a neutral attitude.

DeepThought. Keep your mouth shut!!!!!! You have no idea of a God. So, you have NO right to comment.
    quote: Ghost.......you are the only atheist who has maintained a neutral attitude.

So "you are either with us or against us" is untrue?

citation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_either_with_us,_or_against_us#Historical_quotations

The Synoptic Gospels attribute the following quote to Jesus of Nazareth: "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters" (Matthew 12:30), as well as its contrapositive, "Whoever is not against us is for us" (Luke 9:50; Mark 9:40).

end citation

Edit: these two situations, the positive and contrapositive, should leave the typical neutral atheist wondering where he stands.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 03:031 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It is clear theists and atheists can NEVER prove their positions so we can all safely live our lives without having to contently refer to either POV. Clearly this alleged god could care less about the death of people, not just a few dozen in a tornado, but 100 MILLION deaths by the hands of despots in ww2, not a peep out of this alleged god. This alleged go ...[text shortened]... l live or die by our own petards, not by the 'grace' of some deity.

Prove me wrong, theists.
    to sonhouse
    you are correct. we are to blame for all the disasters in our day. it all began with the rebellion of Adam and Eve. they walked away from the peace and security our Creator Jehovah God provided for them.
    Evenso God has shown loyal love for mankind. He gave His only son as a ransom price to buy us back from the sin and death that we have inherited.
    He has allowed time for Satan and mankind to go their own way. This was to prove that we can't live successfully without His rightful rulership over us.
    When the point has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, God will end this system and take over His rightful rulership of the Earth and those of mankind who want His rule.
    The proof that God exists and that He cares is through Christ Jesus.
    (Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”
    (John 14:9) Jesus said to him: “Even after I have been with you men for such a long time, Philip, have you not come to know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father also. How is it you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
    Jesus showed us what his Father Jehovah was like.
    He showed us Jehovah cared also by his actions. i.e.
    (Matthew 8:2, 3) And look! a leper came up and did obeisance to him, saying: “Lord, if you just want to, you can make me clean.” 3 So stretching out his hand, he touched him, saying: “I want to! Be made clean.” Immediately his leprosy was cleansed away.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 08:38
    Originally posted by roigam
    to sonhouse
    you are correct. we are to blame for all the disasters in our day. it all began with the rebellion of Adam and Eve. .
    How is anyone able to change the decisions of Adam and Eve?
    Unless there is a way how can we be held guilty?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 11:07
    Everything that I know and read about Christianity revolves around 'believing' in Jesus......BUT, it is only in reference to the afterlife. To our eternal 'salvation', or....going to hell.

On planet earth though, it seems that God could care LESS about human beings. In Luke 12:7 (I think), it states that God knows us by the number of hairs we have, and ...[text shortened]... mans. The evidence is too overwhelming to the contrary.

We are on our own.......without God.
    This is the atheists biggest hurdle in accepting the reality of God.

Boo hoo ..................there is a dead baby on a beach and everyone cries like little girls.

The dead baby is a bundle of atoms and nothing to be concerned about.

God cares about "US"....................the soul and the real person.

How do you think God allows man to be so unkind and violent towards each other.

IT is because God really gives no concern to what atoms get up to.

A baby dies and a baby is born.

And the soul just trans-migrates from one bundle of atoms to the other bundle of atoms.

So stop crying about dead bodies on beaches', because every single person on this earth is going to experience death..................(its all by design)

And that is a perfect design.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 23:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    From what many say was their best album, Skylarking, although it's interesting to note that they felt the need to not include this song on it for its release in the U.S. 🙂
    XTC.

great band, great chord progression.
    Now I wont have to look up the lyrics 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree