1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 01:58
    The principles of cooperation with God's operation will be discussed here. We humans by cooperating with the Lord Jesus can bring Him back to earth - physically.

We can bring the Lord Jesus back in His second coming. We at this stage in history can participate in this unspeakable privileged.

There are many threads about how it all began. This thread is about how it all will conclude. Where is history going. We humans can coordinate and cooperate with the operating Triune God to afford Christ a foothold and a beach head for Him to return.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 02:08
    Originally posted by sonship
    The principles of cooperation with God's operation will be discussed here. We humans by cooperating with the Lord Jesus can bring Him back to earth - physically.

We can bring the Lord Jesus back in His second coming. We at this stage in history can participate in this unspeakable privileged.

There are many threads about how it all began. This thread ...[text shortened]... te with the operating Triune God to afford Christ a foothold and a beach head for Him to return.
    So it's an "unspeakable" privilege but you're going to speak at length about it? This has inauspicious beginnings....
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 02:111 edit
    An awareness is growing among the people of God. This awareness is the result of God's mercifully opening the eyes of our understanding. We have nothing to boast in. We can only thank the Father.

God is revealing that the saved do not simply passively wait for prophecy to be fulfilled. But like Daniel of old, we can (so to speak) open our windows toward Jerusalem, and pray for His will to be done.

God longs for this kind of cooperation of His saints. God tells His saints to COMMAND Him concerning His will.

"Thus says Jehovah, The Holy One of Israel and the One who formed him, Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons, And concerning the work of My hands, command Me." (Isaiah 45:11)

God says "command Me." . Yes God could work unilaterally. Yes God could do everything Himself. But He chooses not to do everything unless He secures upon the earth a remnant of people who correspond to His will.

"Command Me concerning the works of My hands" says God. We have to know His will, as Daniel did in captivity in Babylon. Daniel, took God's promise and laid it before God and commanded God in commanding prayer.

God delights that some men and women would know what He desires to do and would echo His heart with their hearts. What an unspeakable privilege that we could move the throne of God to act.

I will show some of you many instances of this in the history of the Bible. God was so very eager for man on earth to echo His own will, be one with His will, and pray commanding prayers. He asks for that coordination -

"Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons. And concerning the work of My hands, COMMAND ME."
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 02:18
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    So it's an "unspeakable" privilege but you're going to speak at length about it? This has inauspicious beginnings....
    I have to say something. I cannot keep it all to myself.

We can coordinate to bring back to this cursed earth "the Desire of All Nations" Jesus Christ.

He comes from TWO directions. He comes from heaven above. ( I don't know where that is). But all you guys eager to believe in multiple universes should not be shocked of God has some place where He can come FROM entering into our sphere and come physically down to the earth.

He is coming FROM heaven. But He is not coming only from heaven. He is also coming from within the overcoming believers. He is coming down and He is coming up and out.

I know what I am talking about. He is coming from without - DOWN. But He is correspondingly coming from within His saved ones - OUT.

Do you want to live for something so wonderful? This is it. We can be the very human beach head Jesus needs to set down again upon this planet.

So being born again is no insignificant matter. It is enlisting us in the honor of wooing the Bridegroom back for His Bride.

We humans can bring the Lord Jesus back. Don't worry about your sins. God is not interested in your sins. He is able to cleanse all our sins away out of His holy sight. He is also about to free us from the power of sin as well as the guilt of sins.

He is not that interested in sins. He wants to move sins out of the way forever so that we can coordinate with His eternal purpose.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 02:40
    From the beginning of man on earth, God sought a cooperative man to coordinate with His plan. He has not changed.

"And concerning the works of My hands, command Me." (Isa. 45:11b)

In the New Testament Jesus said this -

"Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes into Me, the works which I do he shall do also; and greater works than these he shall do because I am going to the Father.

And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:12-14)

Don't think it was EASY for a 90 some year old man, the disciple John, to recall this saying and write it down in his gospel. He could have said "That saying of the Master was TOO hard. I better not tell of that saying."

John included this promise and we need to understand it properly.

I used to think that maybe Jesus meant by "greater things" walking two feet above the water rather than walking ON the water. My concept was that was a "greater" thing.

The greater things are great in the eyes of God. The greater things are those things which God deems greater accomplished by the corporate Body of Christ.

And to ask in His name is not a formula of just tacking on the end of our prayers "In the name of Jesus". It cannot be that mechanical. And the Apostle John surely knew this.

To ask in His name means to ask in harmony with His Person. We have to be people according to Him, in Him, filled with Him and one with Him. Then we ask in Him, in His Person. His name here is His Person.

Greater things asked in His name have been things greater than what the individual Jesus did. And greater things surely includes the asking of the Lord Jesus to come back for His lovers. In the coming back for His lovers He will also take care of the world situation.

He needs an army of ASKERS. But first He needs an army of people living in Him, living in His name in oneness with Him.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 03:04
    We all, everyone of us, need a higher view of what it means to turn our heart over to Jesus Christ.

What I am now saying is that one turns her or his heart over to Christ with the vision that the world is being turned over. Your heart is connected to His coming back to set up His kingdom on the earth.

You do not know when the scales will be finally tipped.
    You do not know what tiny little extra weight on the scales of history will make the scale go down on the side of the Lord of Lords.

The Apostle Paul said that Jesus would come and be marveled at, not just in heaven or in the sky or on a throne in Jerusalem, but He would be marveled at "IN THE SAINTS" . Right here -

"When He comes to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at in all those who have believed ..." (Second Thessalonians 1:10)

Jesus comes to be glorified "IN His saints" . The glorious expression of the Divine Being will come bursting OUT of the saints.

He comes to be marveled at "IN all those who have believed ..." .

Today the Christians are despised by many. But there is coming a time when some overcoming ones will cause the observers to marvel at the supernatural transfiguration of their bodies.

My turning my heart, chamber by chamber, over to the Spirit of Jesus Christ is hastening that day. Sure, I may die before He comes. But I may live to see Him come. And either way, I am participating in bringing Him back.

This is why I said that Jesus Christ is coming from two directions. He is coming from heaven above. And He is coming out from within. This is like to parts of a circle which are going to join together.

Do not scoff about heaven as to where that is. Many have been day dreaming about extra dimensions and other universes. God has some places that you don't know about. And He said to His disciples He comes on the clouds of heaven.

When He ascended to where ever He went, to men (or angels or maybe Moses and Elijah) standing by told the disciples gazing into the sky that He would come back in the SAME manner.

Right here - Acts 1:10,11 - And while they were looking intently into heaven as He went, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them,

Who also said, Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you beheld Him going into heaven."

He will come again the same way ascended after His resurrection.
    But He needs the porthole opened on both sides. The porthole of heaven must be opened. But the porthole of the hearts of at least a good remnant of His people must be opened from Him to come DOWN and to come OUT.

Two lines of a circle will then unite in this supernatural event. We can participate.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 03:11

There are many threads about how it all began. This thread ...[text shortened]... te with the operating Triune God to afford Christ a foothold and a beach head for Him to return.
    Nah, I think we're doing OK, all things considered. He can stay home this time.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 03:12
    We all, everyone of us, need a higher view of what it means to turn our heart over to Jesus Christ.

What I am now saying is that one turns her or his heart over to Christ with the vision that the world is being turned over. Your heart is connected to His coming back to set up His kingdom on the earth.

You do not know when the scales will be finally ...[text shortened]... e OUT.

Two lines of a circle will then unite in this supernatural event. We can participate.
    Let me ask you something. Why do you think Christians have been waiting for Jesus' return for over 2,000 years when the bible makes it plain that his contemporaries expected him to come back within their lifetime? Is he not coming back at all? Or has some condition not been fulfilled? Or does he think that you so-called Christians are all just a bunch of losers who have twisted what he said completely out of recognition?
  9. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 04:27
    An interesting thought, but I would suggest that Jesus Christ does not need our help, he will return at the perfect time, and that will be the time of HIS choosing.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 05:42
    Originally posted by bill718
    An interesting thought, but I would suggest that Jesus Christ does not need our help, he will return at the perfect time, and that will be the time of HIS choosing.
    I agree. Does anyone think that we can cause God to do what we want, in our time.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 08:34
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Let me ask you something. Why do you think Christians have been waiting for Jesus' return for over 2,000 years when the bible makes it plain that his contemporaries expected him to come back within their lifetime? Is he not coming back at all? Or has some condition not been fulfilled? Or does he think that you so-called Christians are all just a bunch of losers who have twisted what he said completely out of recognition?
    Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many....

Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come....

For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be....

Immediately after the tribulation of those days... Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

(Matthew 24:3-5, 11-14, 27, 29-31 NKJV)
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 09:11
    There are many threads about how it all began. This thread is a ...[text shortened]... te with the operating Triune God to afford Christ a foothold and a beach head for Him to return.
    Here we go again. An omnipotent being needing help from us lowly humans. Work on another angle, this is just plain stupid. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 09:25
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I agree. Does anyone think that we can cause God to do what we want, in our time.
    If our actions do not influence god then we can do whatever we like! 😀
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 13:07
    Originally posted by rwingett

Though the early disciples both hoped and expected a sooner appearing of the second coming, they were mature about the matter. And they, including Peter, and John, and Paul deliberately prepared their audience for the long distance race, in case His return was not in their lifetime.

I will not bring out many proof texts to show this. It is evident that as Jesus did with them so, in like manner, they did with those to whom they ministered. They established them for a long distance race because they had not been taught precisely when the Great Commission would be complete and He would come. For He said -

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole inhabited earth for a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matt. 24:14)

The "whole inhabited earth" turned out to be a larger place than they may have first assumed. God made the earth, so it was no surprise to the Creator.

The reluctant disciples in Jerusalem barely wanted to leave Jerusalem, let alone go to "all Judea and Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8) . God had to allow persecution from Judaism to scatter them from Jerusalem to the surrounding area.

And the gospel of Christ has been spreading throughout the whole inhabited earth until today. And it may well continue to spread for another 500 or more years. We do not know.

Though Jesus said "It is not for you to know the times or seasons which the Father has set b His own authority" (Acts 1:7) to bring in His Messianic kingdom over Israel and in the earth, the disciples still need to grow in Christ and spread the gospel.

This is a win win situation. For in the coming age only those filled up with the Holy Spirit through consecration will know how to live in that world. And though we serve the Lord and age and perhaps die, we grow spiritually in preparation to live on earth under His coming kingdom. Christ seeks not just quantity of sinners to be saved but quality of some to co-reign with Him.

So through the centuries as saints have lived and served and gone to sleep in the Lord, out of quantity He secures a remnant of overcoming ones filled up in soul with His life. This growing group of overcomers enlarges the ranks in Paradise who will reign with Him.

The reward, aside from eternal life, to reign with Christ is not automatic. And out of quantity a smaller number, a remnant like a little Gideon's army of 300 (so to speak), He secures with quality consecration to Himself.

Furthermore, the intervening centuries have gone to demonstrate that the Christian church, though attacked from both without and within, cannot be destroyed. He said " ... upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." (Matt. 16:18)

Twenty centuries of the gates of Hades doing everything Satan could do to destroy the Christian church has proven that she is indestructible. She has been tested, torture tested through flame and sword. Yet also through failure, abject failure, and all kinds of attempts to pollute her from within.

The the gates of Hades cannot prevail the gates of Hades certainly have tried to prevail.

So I too hope that Christ physically comes in my lifetime. But I don't know that He will. Why should I not hope that He will. What parted lovers never long to meet again ?

In the meantime I have the enjoyment of both serving the Lord Jesus and growing in divine life and love, being built up into His church. It is as win win situation. For I know that I can use TIME to open up more and more of my being to His Holy Spirit.

" But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until the full day." (Proverbs 4:18)

It is a sheer enjoyment to serve the Lord Jesus even as He prolongs His return. For we are really with Him also -

"And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 28:20)

Paul's concluding word to his younger co-worker Timothy - "The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Timothy 4:22)

There is not one note of dejection, depression, disappointment, or disillusionment concerning Jesus delaying His return in all of the New Testament. Until the end, even in Revelation the disciples are radiant and joyful expecting the Lord to come yet preparing their sheep for a long distance race should He tarry.

Praise the faithful Lord.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 13:10
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Here we go again. An omnipotent being needing help from us lowly humans. Work on another angle, this is just plain stupid. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Here we go again back to the beginning when God created man in His own image and said - "Let THEM have dominion over" His creation.

He delights that man coordinate with Him.

Jesus Christ is the uttermost example of man and God united and moving together.

How could you be so blind ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree