We Don't Know versus The Burden of Proof

We Don't Know versus The Burden of Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
22 Sep 22

@kellyjay
How do you describe the events or process by which you became a Christian?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Sep 22

@divegeester said
@kellyjay
How do you describe the events or process by which you became a Christian?
God called, I answered.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Sep 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Christianity was part of my upbringing and I didn’t become a Christian until I was nearly 30, so I’m not sure what you are trying to say about it not being part of your upbringing.
I wasn't in a Christian family, God had no part in our lives, and nothing of it was
real or thought important. I have no religious training, and no one telling me
about God, there was no upbringing to draw on for God in my life. It was mainly
the world, drinking, drugs, and all that went with that was how I grew up.

When I became a Christian, my world flipped!

F

Moves
22 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
People walk away for a variety of reasons, some real, some imaginary, they walk
away from a variety of things some real, some imaginary.
It is you who seems to be walking away after several pages of waffle where you were intent on not engaging my attempts to engage you on the thread topic.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
22 Sep 22

@kellyjay said

When I became a Christian, my world flipped!
And you became a Christian be hearing “God calling” you say above.

Are you saying across these few posts, that without any human Christian intervention, conversation or contact that you heard “God calling”?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Sep 22

@fmf said
It is you who seems to be walking away after several pages of waffle where you were intent on not engaging my attempts to engage you on the thread topic.
Thanks for your opinion

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Sep 22

@divegeester said
And you became a Christian be hearing “God calling” you say above.

Are you saying across these few posts, that without any human Christian intervention, conversation or contact that you heard “God calling”?
Of course he used Christians, but I didn’t have Christians in my life growing up and when I became a Christian I also didn’t have Christians as friends I ran around with. I did bump into a few who shared a little here and there.

I never prayed for anything, didn’t concern myself to much about good and evil. It wasn’t until I got into a ton of trouble that I prayed. After that it opened up for a for lack of a better word, a dialog between God and I, which led me to Christ.

Even then I hung onto some of my old life for a little while but it died as all the pleasures I used to get dried up.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
22 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
Of course he used Christians, but I didn’t have Christians in my life growing up and when I became a Christian I also didn’t have Christians as friends I ran around with. I did bump into a few who shared a little here and there.
When you say “he”, I guessing you meant “I”.

Anyway I don’t understand what you mean by “God called and (you) answered if you didn’t have any contact with Christians whatsoever. How did this “call of God” manifest itself?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Sep 22

@divegeester said
When you say “he”, I guessing you meant “I”.

Anyway I don’t understand what you mean by “God called and (you) answered if you didn’t have any contact with Christians whatsoever. How did this “call of God” manifest itself?
I should have said "He" because I meant God. With respect to how did the call
manifest itself, hard to put into words, I doubt I can do it justice outside of saying
I knew I was being given a choice. This was not due to peer pressure, I didn't have
any, like I said no one was in my life asking me to choose. All my friends I partied
with none of them were asking me to make a choice.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
22 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
I should have said "He" because I meant God. With respect to how did the call
manifest itself, hard to put into words, I doubt I can do it justice outside of saying
I knew I was being given a choice.
How did you know what the calling was, how could you know what the choice was if you hadn’t been mixing with any Christians, no one coaches or counselled you and you hadn’t been reading the bible?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Sep 22

@divegeester said
How did you know what the calling was, how could you know what the choice was if you hadn’t been mixing with any Christians, no one coaches or counselled you and you hadn’t been reading the bible?
I knew there was something more to life than what I had, and I wasn't bad off either
I had a job that made great money, I had just gotten out of the navy no bills, partying
all the time, and knew there was more to life than what I had. I did say that off an
on I did run into a Christian here and there, I was completely out of touch with the
possibility of God.

F

Moves
23 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
Thanks for your opinion
If this hedgehoggery on your part signals that you have come to terms with the fact that we are only sharing personal opinions, then that is to be welcomed.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
23 Sep 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
I knew there was something more to life than what I had, and I wasn't bad off either
I had a job that made great money, I had just gotten out of the navy no bills, partying
all the time, and knew there was more to life than what I had. I did say that off an
on I did run into a Christian here and there, I was completely out of touch with the
possibility of God.
Ok thanks for that, but what I’m asking you is how did you know what the “calling” was, and how could you know what the “choice” you had to make was if you hadn’t been mixing with any Christians, and no one coached or counselled you and you hadn’t been reading the bible?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
23 Sep 22

@kellyjay said was more to life than what I had. I did say that off anon I did run into a Christian here and there, I was completely out of touch with the
possibility of God.
These Christians who you ran into here and there didn’t coach you or talk to you about the possibility of God?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Sep 22

@divegeester said
Ok thanks for that, but what I’m asking you is how did you know what the “calling” was, and how could you know what the “choice” you had to make was if you hadn’t been mixing with any Christians, and no one coached or counselled you and you hadn’t been reading the bible?
God is either real and active or not, what caused you to become a Christian?