1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '18 02:28
    chaney3: "I figured I would now rejoin the forums, with a clear, rational, non-abusive agenda."

Good to hear that you have done what you needed to do.

The way things used to be had you claiming [1] you'd never been a Christian, [2] you had always been a Christian, and [3] you believe in God and Jesus but you didn't trust the Bible.

What is your stance now that you are making a fresh start here?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 02:43
    Originally posted by @fmf
    chaney3: "I figured I would now rejoin the forums, with a clear, rational, non-abusive agenda."

The way things used to be had you claiming [1] you'd never been a Christian, [2] you had always been a Christian, and [3] you believe in God and Jesus but you didn't trust the Bible.

When are you, Kiddo, going to begin posting with a “clear, rational, non-abusive agenda?”
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 02:46

I am easing my way back into the forums. I have been involved in a very lengthy recovery program which lasted over 6 months, in which I purposely avoided most aspects of the internet, especially here.

That said, my faith is not so easily explained. I have had many, many disputes on this forum regarding the 'qualifications' of one calling themself a Christian.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 02:50
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I am easing my way back into the forums. I have been involved in a very lengthy recovery program which lasted over 6 months, in which I purposely avoided most aspects of the internet, especially here.

That said, my faith is not so easily explained. I have had many, many disputes on this forum regarding the 'qualifications' of one calling themself a Christian.
    I think a Christian is one who believes in the deity and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and that Christ died for the sins of the world.

I believe those elements separate Christianity from every other religion on earth.

Every other religion rejects Christ’s deity and believe one has to earn his or her salvation.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '18 02:55
    The disputes of the past are in the past. Here you are making a fresh start.

What personal definition of "Christian" would mean that you 'qualified', in your own mind?

And what discrepancies are there between that definition of yours and the "qualifications" touted by the people you had those many, many disputes with?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 02:55
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I think a Christian is one who believes in the deity and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and that Christ died for the sins of the world.

I believe those elements separate Christianity from every other religion on earth.

Every other religion rejects Christ’s deity and believe one has to earn his or her salvation.
    "Deity of Jesus".

What does that mean to you?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 02:56
    "Deity of Jesus".

What does that mean to you?
    Jesus Christ was God in the flesh.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    30 May '18 03:02

Fortunately, FMF is chomping at the bit to completely publicize your return and scrutinize your posts again.

:eyeroll:
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '18 03:06
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Fortunately, FMF is chomping at the bit to completely publicize your return and scrutinize your posts again.
    Back when he was going through his troubles, but at times when he was being lucid, chaney3 was an interesting poster here, for the rights reasons.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 04:39
    Back when he was going through his troubles, but at times when he was being lucid, chaney3 was an interesting poster here, for the rights reasons.
    And what would those “rights reasons” be, Kiddo?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 May '18 09:49

When you are ready sir, we will explore again the benefits of atheism.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '18 10:03
    Originally posted by @philokalia

:eyeroll:
    Do you think there are posts here which are not “scrutinised”, and if so are they of any value in terms of moving a debate along?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '18 10:05
    If you find a set of beliefs or religious faith that give you the sense of purpose and meaning in life you need, especially as you seek a framework that will help you stay healthy and in control of yourself, then you should embrace it if your gut instinct tells you to go for it. But never stop reflecting on what it is you believe and always keep an open mind.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 10:12
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    When you are ready sir, we will explore again the benefits of atheism.
    Yes, having a broken moral compass and being a pathological liar.

Hear, hear!
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 May '18 12:52
    Originally posted by @romans1009

Satan believes those things. Is Satan a Christian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree