Welcome back chaney3

Welcome back chaney3

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
02 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
So when Jesus says something you agree with, He’s not talking in metaphor.

And when Jesus says something you disagree with, He is talking in metaphor.

Seems pretty convenient.
So when Jesus says something you agree with, He’s not talking in metaphor.

Seems pretty convenient.

The above applies to you.

You spew that type of nonsense as if it's meaningful when it isn't.

The gospel preached by others blinds you to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]So when Jesus says something you agree with, He’s not talking in metaphor.

Seems pretty convenient.

You spew that type of nonsense as if it's meaningful when it isn't.[/b]
In all fairness it probably applies to all of us on some level.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18

[b]So when Jesus says something you agree with, He’s not talking in metaphor.

Seems pretty convenient.

You spew that type of nonsense as if it's meaningful when it isn't.

The gospel preached by others blinds you to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.[/b]
You simply cannot accept or explain the numerous instances where Jesus identified as God because they conflict with your false “Jesus was just a man” doctrine. So you lazily dismiss those instances as Jesus “talking in metaphor.”

No one disputes the importance of good works, just that they are not a requirement of salvation. Instead they, and an aversion to sin, are evidence of God’s Holy Spirit, Who indwells someone when he or she genuinely and sincerely accepts Christ.

But you don’t believe in God’s Holy Spirit either. There’s so much of the Bible you have to reject to maintain your false “Jesus was just a man” doctrine. And there’s so many illogical and contradictory positions you have to adopt to maintain it.

Sad!

T

Moves
02 Jun 18

You simply cannot accept or explain the numerous instances where Jesus identified as God because they conflict with your false “Jesus was just a man” doctrine. So you lazily dismiss those instances as Jesus “talking in metaphor.”

No one disputes the importance of good works, just that they are not a requirement of salvation. Instead they, and an avers ...[text shortened]... there’s so many illogical and contradictory positions you have to adopt to maintain it.

Sad!
There’s so much of the Bible you have to reject to maintain your false “Jesus was just a man” doctrine. And there’s so many illogical and contradictory positions you have to adopt to maintain it.

Not that most haven't figured out that you repeat the same false claims and over again. As such, many no longer respond to your posts at all.

My positions are neither illogical or contradictory within themselves. They do however contradict many of YOUR positions. You either lack the integrity or wherewithal to make that distinction. Given your posting history, it's most likely both.

Moves
02 Jun 18

Jesus Christ was God in the flesh.
Was?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18

[b]There’s so much of the Bible you have to reject to maintain your false “Jesus was just a man” doctrine. And there’s so many illogical and contradictory positions you have to adopt to maintain it.

Not that most haven't figured out that you repeat the same false claims and over again. As such, many no longer respond to your posts at all.

My po ...[text shortened]... rity or wherewithal to make that distinction. Given your posting history, it's most likely both.[/b]
You have ignored literally dozens of questions that expose your doctrines as false. I’d be happy to repeat some of them, but suspect you’ll just ignore them again.

But if you answer this question, I’ll do it: Are you an atheist?

If you are not, I don’t see why you refuse to say God exists. If you are, why don’t you have the courage of your convictions and say He does not exist? Why do you consistently avoid answering this question (one of many, many questions you consistently fail to answer.)

As for other posters “ignoring” me, I wear the scorn of atheists and Christ deniers like a badge of honor.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @js357
Was?
I usually type “was/is.” Simple mistake.

But you raise a great point:

Is Jesus Christ still in the flesh albeit in a glorified body?

If Jesus Christ is still in the flesh, albeit in a glorified body, does He have the same status as God the Father that He had before He came to earth in human form?

Would love to hear thoughts on those questions.

Moves
02 Jun 18
1 edit

I usually type “was/is.” Simple mistake.

But you raise a great point:

Is Jesus Christ still in the flesh albeit in a glorified body?

If Jesus Christ is still in the flesh, albeit in a glorified body, does He have the same status as God the Father that He had before He came to earth in human form?

Would love to hear thoughts on those questions.
I’m not going to make it a sticking point, and I expect others won’t either. The ideas of past, present and future status of God the Father and Son seem difficult to apply. After all, was it God who walked with Adam? These are just distractions, at one level. I’ll too, await comment.

T

Moves
02 Jun 18

You have ignored literally dozens of questions that expose your doctrines as false. I’d be happy to repeat some of them, but suspect you’ll just ignore them again.

But if you answer this question, I’ll do it: Are you an atheist?

If you are not, I don’t see why you refuse to say God exists. If you are, why don’t you have the courage of your convicti ...[text shortened]... er posters “ignoring” me, I wear the scorn of atheists and Christ deniers like a badge of honor.
My positions are neither illogical or contradictory within themselves. They do however contradict many of YOUR positions. You either lack the integrity or wherewithal to make that distinction. Given your posting history, it's most likely both.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

I see you still refuse to answer the simple question: Are you an atheist?

Based on your posting history, we can conclude you think Jesus was just a man but perfect in every way, and God the Father was morally flawed (based on Him “condoning chattel slavery” as you put it.)

So your position, it seems to me, is fairly unusual and unique - you believe God exists but you believe man is morally superior to Him.

Am I right?

T

Moves
03 Jun 18
1 edit

I see you still refuse to answer the simple question: Are you an atheist?

Based on your posting history, we can conclude you think Jesus was just a man but perfect in every way, and God the Father was morally flawed (based on Him “condoning chattel slavery” as you put it.)

So your position, it seems to me, is fairly unusual and unique - you believe God exists but you believe man is morally superior to Him.

Am I right?

Am I right?

No. You're not right. You're quite often not right. You often draw erroneous conclusions about other posters and then present them as fact. So and so believes this or so and so believes that. Good to see that you're capable of qualifying your conclusions as YOUR conclusions and asking if they are correct. Most of the time you lack the intellectual integrity to do so.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

[b]Based on your posting history, we can conclude you think Jesus was just a man but perfect in every way, and God the Father was morally flawed (based on Him “condoning chattel slavery” as you put it.)

Am I righ ...[text shortened]... s and asking if they are correct. Most of the time you lack the intellectual integrity to do so.
You’re obviously misrepresenting my posting history but I’m more interested in why you refuse to answer if you’re an atheist.

It’s such a simple question.

There are plenty of atheists here and plenty of believers. I’d say the person who lacks integrity is the one who not only won’t stand up for what he believes, but won’t even say what he believes.

T

Moves
03 Jun 18

You’re obviously misrepresenting my posting history but I’m more interested in why you refuse to answer if you’re an atheist.

It’s such a simple question.

There are plenty of atheists here and plenty of believers. I’d say the person who lacks integrity is the one who not only won’t stand up for what he believes, but won’t even say what he believes.
That didn't last long.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

That didn't last long.
Still refusing to not only stand up for what you believe but say what you believe as well.

Sad!