Moves
    31 Mar '06 08:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 10:23
    Originally posted by JoniG
    Good point. He would be a good cheater then.
    Cheating would be a sin and therefore impossible for him!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 10:571 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    maybe there was a problem with the law?
    edit : the system.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 12:00
    ummm... seriously Jesus did cheat death.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:051 edit
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    ummm... seriously Jesus did cheat death.
    That is disputable. Of course you would have to define the word death in the context of Christianity as it is used with various different meanings in the Bible.
    I dont think he can be said to have cheated death even if you are a Christian and believe in the resurrection as there was really no contest or game being played with death and if there was then why do you think he didn't win fair and square?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:42
    That is disputable. Of course you would have to define the word death in the context of Christianity as it is used with various different meanings in the Bible.
    I dont think he can be said to have cheated death even if you are a Christian and believe in the resurrection as there was really no contest or game being played with death and if there was then why do you think he didn't win fair and square?
    He beat the laws God gave us. cheat is the wrong word.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:52
    But as I said, he wasnt subject to those laws in the first place.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:55
    Given that you are likely using 'subject' in a different context than it would usually be considered, while Christ may not have been subject to the Law, the humanity of Christ fulfilled the Law.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 04:501 edit
    Sentence 1.
    Because something is essential for life it does not make it your life source. Many other parts of the body are essential for life. 'Blood is your Life source' implies that life comes from blood not that it is essential. Human lives start as a fetus without any blood.

Sentence 2.
    A lot can be learned from blood as can be learned from urine hairs. If you make an all encompasing statement it is false if there is only one exception.
    OK, how about some scripture to back me up. In Genesis 9:4 it says that "you must not eat flesh with life, that is to say blood in it". Here we see life being equated with blood. I realize you probably do not believe the scriptures accurate and meaningless, but this scripture does back up what I was attempting to convey. My attempt was to show why blood atonement is necessary for God to receive us Biblically. My analysis is not directly derived from scripture but is merely deductive reasoning based on what the Bible says and what I know. I am not attempting to form a cult of any kind or preach my opinion as fact. However, from a medical perspective, I continue to hold to my former view despite what you posted before. I will conceed, however, that I was in err saying that everything can tested from a blood sample. What you must realize though is that cellular function is dependent on a blood supply. Even the fetus is dependent on the mothers blood supply. Cardiovascular function is the primary focus of medical treatment. This can be seen with resusitative efforts such as CPR. This revolves soley around the bodies ability to sustain cellular function via our blood supply.

By the way, do you know what you are measuring obtaining a urine sample? Urine is merely the filtration of our blood supply. It is an indirect measurement of the condition of our blood supply.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 04:56
    my question is very simple really... when Jesus died what parts of the law did He take from the old testament?
    The Sacrificing.

No need for it anymore.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 04:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    OK, how about some scripture to back me up. In Genesis 9:4 it says that "you must not eat flesh with life, that is to say blood in it". Here we see life being equated with blood.
    So by the same token anything without blood is not alive?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 05:03
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    So by the same token anything without blood is not alive?
    Of coarse not. It is what makes us live physically, however. We need a blood sacrifice as a result.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 10:45
    he was born like us... why wasn't he subject to the laws of death?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 12:13
    death - various different meanings?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 13:31
    Death had no legal right to him. Death should only have a spiritual legal claim to him if he sinned. Since Christ did not sin, he was taken without a legal claim to him. It amounts to a type of theft. In my opinion, this is why death is now his b...tch. so to speak. Death is the one who "cheated". Death now owes a debt to Christ. Now through Christ, death has no hold on us as well. It is all part of death repaying Christ for wrongly taking him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree