1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 08:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I misread your earlier post; I thought you were promoting the idea that God burns people forever. My [sincere] apologies.
    It is the torment that lasts forever and ever.

http://www.eliyah.com/forum/messages/5381.html
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 09:365 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    According to the King James Bible (any will do!), Matthew says (13:42):
    "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Why do souls, burning forever or otherwise, need teeth? what do they eat, and why is eating required in heaven (or hell)? Supposing souls do need to eat, what happens if they engaged so much in a kissing-God's-arse-fest that they forget to eat? Will they die??? 😕
    It seems to me that it is sinful objects and maybe living people will be burnt not souls. See Matthew 13:41. The wailing and gnashing is done by those who value such things or the burning people.

The imagery is that of Gehenna which is a big fire pit in Israel where people were burned to death as a human sacrifice to Moloch.

The end times refers to the end of the Roman Classical era and the start of Dark Ages about 300 CE.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 19:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It seems to me that it is sinful objects and maybe living people will be burnt not souls. See Matthew 13:41. The wailing and gnashing is done by those who value such things or the burning people.

The imagery is that of Gehenna which is a big fire pit in Israel where people were burned to death as a human sacrifice to Moloch.

The end times refers to the end of the Roman Classical era and the start of Dark Ages about 300 CE.
    All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying:

“I will open My mouth in parables;
    I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world.”

(Matthew 13:34-35 NKJV)

Give ear, O my people, to my law;
    Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
    I will open my mouth in a parable;
    I will utter dark sayings of old,

Which we have heard and known,
    And our fathers have told us.
    We will not hide them from their children,
    Telling to the generation to come the praises of the Lord,
    And His strength and His wonderful works that He has done.

(Psalms 78:1-4 NKJV)
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 23:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is the torment that lasts forever and ever.

http://www.eliyah.com/forum/messages/5381.html
    Do you regard Mr Mike Peralta as an authority on the longevity of Biblical post mortem torment?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 23:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So again no mention of humans going there to burn, but it does say that satan and his angels, the beast and false prophets and also death and the grave will be thrown into it.

Again where does the Bible say humans that have sinned will be there?
    Those who believe in an everlasting punishment often cite Rev. 20:15 and Rev. 21:8.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 01:081 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Those who believe in an everlasting punishment often cite Rev. 20:15 and Rev. 21:8.
    Again this "Lake of Fire" is also called the "second death" which means never having the chance to live or exist again. As in the case of a human, they will never be resurrected to life again. That person or government or false prophet or satan and his demons, or death will never be allowed to live or exist again that will influance anyone with anything bad.
    Notice the scriptures says "death" which is of course a condition, not an entity or spirit. God thru the Bible promisses that one day death will be done away with so this would concur with these statements in Revelation about death being thrown into this Lake of Fire or a judgement of God thru his will that these things will never exist again. It is not a literal place but a judgement or condition by God.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 06:01
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Again this "Lake of Fire" is also called the "second death" which means never having the chance to live or exist again. As in the case of a human, they will never be resurrected to life again. That person or government or false prophet or satan and his demons, or death will never be allowed to live or exist again that will influance anyone with anything ...[text shortened]... ngs will never exist again. It is not a literal place but a judgement or condition by God.
    I don't believe "Hell" or the "Lake of Fire" is a literal physical place, but I do believe it is a literal spiritual place just like the third Heaven.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 07:53
    I don't believe "Hell" or the "Lake of Fire" is a literal physical place, but I do believe it is a literal spiritual place just like the third Heaven.
    Do you regard Mr Mike Peralta as an authority on the longevity of Biblical post mortem torment?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 11:24
    I do not know if Mr Mike Peralta is an authority on anything.

YouTube
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 18:19
    I do not know if Mr Mike Peralta is an authority on anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_SJ9KOZuHk
    So why post a link to his blog then?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 10:10
    So why post a link to his blog then?
    Because he agreed with me. Why else? 😏
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 21:171 edit
    Because he agreed with me. Why else? 😏
    But as you say he is no more an "authority" than you, in fact less so I would say, and you are completely lacking in either authority or credibility.

You really ought to put a bit more thought into your trolling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree