1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 20:29
    Originally posted by daniel58
    I do believe in the 10 commandments
    I now understand your position on 10 commandments - I had not previously been aware of the 'murder' interpretation. My bad.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 21:57
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Have you seen His manhood or have you just felt it?
    😵
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 22:48
    Originally posted by daniel58
    I don't think anybody would disagree that Jesus Is Male, and Jesus Is God, so therefore God Is Male we have to start with some premise
    You have a three part syllogism here in which the third statement does not follow of any necessity from the first two. Some people disagree that God is male. There are separate strands:

It is considered by many blasphemous to attribute any qualities at all to God.

It is considered by others that, in describing God as male, we are actively borrowing Him for one side in a two sided debate. One suggestion - I merely report this - is that at one time society typically had two separate aspects to their notions of God, a feminine and a masculine. The first fostered cooperation and was important to early civilization. The second featured in war. As Civilization became increasingly dominated by men seeking power through force at the expense of cooperative societies, the female aspect of God was suppressed.

Both positions have extensive arguments behind them which I do not report. But they each undermine your assertion.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 04:14
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Have you seen His manhood or have you just felt it?
    Really? This is what you would honestly stand by and describe as edifying conversation?

Check yourself.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 08:52
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Really? This is what you would honestly stand by and describe as edifying conversation?

Check yourself.
    I would never try to be engaged in an "edifying conversation" based on the claim "God Is Male". I would just reply with a limerick -an inappropriate one, sure thing😵

Since my third limerick was removed "because this is a 13+ forum" as I was PMd by the Forum Moderator (I thanked him for that piece of information), I tried my best in order to post another pure limerick within this frame -a limerick dedicated to you and, of course, to daniel58 regarding the ...premise "God Is Male".
    Here you are:

A young dean who came from the East
    In affection was a notorious artist.
    He had learned two positions
    From family phycisians
    And ten more from the ol' parish priest.
    😵
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 12:46
    Originally posted by black beetle
    I would never try to be engaged in an "edifying conversation" based on the claim "God Is Male". I would just reply with a limerick -an inappropriate one, sure thing😵

Since my third limerick was removed "because this is a 13+ forum" as I was PMd by the Forum Moderator (I thanked him for that piece of information), I tried my best in order to post ano ...[text shortened]... ned two positions
    From family phycisians
    😵
    To be honest, it's a bit bewildering to hear such pettiness/puerility coming from you.

Moreover, that the image of God is conveyed to man in terms of a gender is certainly nothing new; neither can the significance of that gender be pushed aside as archaic oversight--- He expresses Himself as male with purpose.

Ironically, the perversion of priests (or any other male authority figure, for that matter) is nearly the exact opposite of the original intention.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 13:083 edits

Since my third limerick was removed "because this is a 13+ forum" as I was PMd by the Forum Moderator (I thanked him for that piece of information), I tried my best in order to post ano ned two positions
    From family phycisians
    😵
    The 'truth' that they'll never surrender
    Is the classification of God's gender 😕
    Since guesswork began, they've claimed it's a man
    But if the clothing it tried, made it's arse look too wide
    then apologies they may have to send her 😲
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 13:54
    To be honest, it's a bit bewildering to hear such pettiness/puerility coming from you.

Moreover, that the image of God is conveyed to man in terms of a gender is certainly nothing new; neither can the significance of that gender be pushed aside as archaic oversight--- [b]He
    expresses Himself as male with purpose.

Ironically, the perversion ...[text shortened]... male authority figure, for that matter) is nearly the exact opposite of the original intention.[/b]
    The patronising claim "God Is Male" implies that whoever offers it knows for sure the gender of an entity whose existence remains in the realm of fantasy. Of course this homomorphic image of God reveals the depth of this approach -this is pettiness, and at the same time puerility because it promotes the delusional concept "God Is Male".

Since this claim cannot be taken seriously and is not worth of a reply, I consider that even a limerick is too much; however I 'm sorry I broke your heart😵
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 15:22
    The patronising claim "God Is Male" implies that whoever offers it knows for sure the gender of an entity whose existence remains in the realm of fantasy. Of course this homomorphic image of God reveals the depth of this approach -this is pettiness, and at the same time puerility because it promotes the delusional concept "God Is Male".

Since this cl ...[text shortened]... reply, I consider that even a limerick is too much; however I 'm sorry I broke your heart😵
    Well, you're nothing if not honest. Glad to know that you consider the Bible delusional: that helps put a barometer on the bullcrap factor for the rest of your manure-laden posts.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 18:48
    Well, you're nothing if not honest. Glad to know that you consider the Bible delusional: that helps put a barometer on the bullcrap factor for the rest of your manure-laden posts.
    "Well, of course you 'know' it. All it takes is a predisposition coupled with a sanctimonious arrogance to see the crap spewing forth from everyone but the man in the mirror."
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 19:24
    Originally posted by Agerg
    The 'truth' that they'll never surrender
    Is the classification of God's gender 😕
    Since guesswork began, they've claimed it's a man
    But if the clothing it tried, made it's arse look too wide
    then apologies they may have to send her 😲
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree