What do you think of lutherans?

What do you think of lutherans?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 08
1 edit

Originally posted by nook7
Lutherans reject the true word of god as written in King James. They like all other unbelievers will rot in eternal damnation.
Do you think the King James is the word of God? Does it really surprise you that the Lutheran church, a mainly German Christian movement, does not read the King James Bible, an English translation?

n

Moves
02 Oct 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
Do you think the King James is the word of God?
l believe there is no such thing as the word of god.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 08

l believe there is no such thing as the word of god.
I think you should keep your beliefs to yourself.

n

Moves
02 Oct 08

I think you should keep your beliefs to yourself.
gee, on a public forum......keeping my beliefs to myself.

Let me guess.....when they were handing out sharp tools you were away ill weren't you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 08

Let me guess.....when they were handing out sharp tools you were away ill weren't you.
You did say that the "true word of God" was in the KJV. Then you denied that there was a word of God. Perhaps you intended the first comment to be read as a parody of fundamentalism, you just did not make this clear.

n

Moves
02 Oct 08

You did say that the "true word of God" was in the KJV. Then you denied that there was a word of God. Perhaps you intended the first comment to be read as a parody of fundamentalism, you just did not make this clear.
My apologies to you Conrau K as it was meant totally as a parody (not just to evangelical protestants - but anyone that claims to know all.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 08

My apologies to you Conrau K as it was meant totally as a parody (not just to evangelical protestants - but anyone that claims to know all.
Ok. But it seems to me that you were only parodying fundamentalist Christians who take the KJV as the authoritative word of God. Is that right?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Oct 08

On a public forum there are written and unwrtten codes of conduct. Try to figure out what they are instead of making fool of yourself. I guess when they were handing out common sense you were away ill weren't you.

Let me help you out. On a public forum if there is a thread dealing with religion and you dont believe in God, then stay away from that thread instead of try to inflict your ideas on other people. However you are free to start a thread or post in existing threads about the non-existance of God or the stupidity of religion etc etc.

Youre welcome. Glad I could be of assistance.

j

Moves
02 Oct 08

I never met any evangelical protestants or Christians for that matter who claimed to "know it all".

Who claims to know it all ... the apostle Paul, the apostle Peter, the apostle John, Polycarp, Tertullian, Augustine, Calvin, Luther, Zwingle, Spurgeon, Moody ..?

Exactly who claimed to know it all ?

c

Moves
03 Oct 08

Originally posted by jaywill
I never met any evangelical protestants or Christians for that matter who claimed to "know it all".

Who claims to know it all ... the apostle Paul, the apostle Peter, the apostle John, Polycarp, Tertullian, Augustine, Calvin, Luther, Zwingle, Spurgeon, Moody ..?

Jesus Christ

j

Moves
03 Oct 08

Originally posted by chappy1
Jesus Christ
Yet even Jesus when on physically walking on the earth claimed that there were things He did not know.

"But concerning that day or hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32)

At least at the time as a man walking on the earth, He told us that something He did not know.

n

Moves
04 Oct 08
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill

(not talking biblically jaywill )- l am referring to flesh and blood people who claim to know it all....

l know (& am related to) a number of extremely evangelical baptists who told me in no uncertain terms that the KJV is the ONLY word of god that should be believed and that all those who did not follow its word for word will be in hell.

My comments (as silly as they were written) are unfortunately the way that some choose to live there life by. Now wether it be evangelical christians or muslim or anyone else it is equally (IMO) stupid to deny any possibility that "you" may be wrong. And in the case of Islam and Christianity even more so as they are much younger religions and they both intergrate other writings into their own religions that pre-date themselves.

So my post is directed purely at those who fit the above category - not Christians or anyone else in general.