1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 02:311 edit
    Hebrews 6: 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

2 Peter 2:
    20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
    21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
    22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Do you think those who pretended to know God fit this, or are there those
    that did know God, and they walked away from Him fit this?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 02:341 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you think those who pretended to know God fit this, or are there those
    that did know God, and they walked away from Him fits this?
    There are people here who believe I "pretended to know God" and/or I "did know God and I walked away from Him". Is it those people you want to discuss this with, or is it people like me you want to discuss it with?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 06:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are people here who believe I "pretended to know God" and/or I "did know God and I walked away from Him". Is it those people you want to discuss this with, or is it people like me you want to discuss it with?
    I seriously doubt the question is directed towards you personally.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 07:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    You've missed the point. The question is, who does he want to discuss the OP with? You, for example, have kicked your contribution to this thread off with a post directed at me and not one addressing KellyJay or his OP.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 08:19
    Are you really married to roigam's daughter?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    You've missed the point. The question is, who does he want to discuss the OP with?
    Don't be daft. This is a public forum. The OP is there for anyone to respond to.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you really married to roigam's daughter?
    Are you really fmf's wife?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:38
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Hebrews 6: 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put ...[text shortened]... now God fit this, or are there those
    that did know God, and they walked away from Him fit this?
    "Do you think those who pretended to know God fit this, or are there those
    that did know God, and they walked away from Him fit this?"

"...those who were once enlightened,.."

"...after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,.."

It appears that they knew and then fell away. Difficult passages. One gets different takes on it from different commentators. In my experience the pastor/teachers I know say it's not clear.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:391 edit
    Don't be daft. This is a public forum. The OP is there for anyone to respond to.
    Well, I have responded to it.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I have responded to it.
    With the focus being on you and not on the topic of the OP.

Is it any wonder?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:461 edit
    [b]"Do you think those who pretended to know God fit this, or are there those
    that did know God, and they walked away from Him fit this?"

"...those who were once enlightened,.."

"...after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,.."

It appears that they knew and then ...[text shortened]... it from different commentators. In my experience the pastor/teachers I know say it's not clear.[/b]
    Whats difficult? They knew the truth about Christ, they were saved by Christ, they once had the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit, but they continued on with their sinful lifestyle and they fell away. The end result for these people only judgment can tell.

What is difficult for those like you who believe in once saved always saved and nothing further is required, and it cannot be reversed is that these passages [which I have quoted umpteen times] conflicts with your doctrine.

Good works and righteous living is required for eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Your doctrine is unbiblical and your father-in-law is a JW. Dont know which is worse 😀
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:59
    Are you really fmf's wife?
    I'm just curious as to why he would make two posts indicating that you are.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 11:04
    With the focus being on you and not on the topic of the OP.

Is it any wonder?
    Almost all your posts so far on this thread have been aimed at me or about me for some reason. It's your choice, of course. Meanwhile, my question was about the OP and it asked about who the poster wanted to discuss the OP with.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 11:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm just curious as to why he would make two posts indicating that you are.
    I think JWs take the sin of lying very seriously.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 11:23
    Another thread lost to the obfuscators.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree